2,075 students|Davis District

Bad
Good

The teachers allow kids to sit in class and do nothing. Kids read their bibles out loud to eachother while in class and tell other students they are going to hell for not reading the bible. If your child is on a 504 plan expect for that to be completely ignored. When a meeting to talk about the 504 is scheduled, expect only 1 or 2 teachers to show up. The fees you are required to pay are outrageous. You pay a book fee for classes that require books then you are charged again by the district for your child to use the books. You pay a transportation fee to the school and district. You pay a special education fee to the school and the district even if your child is not in a special education class. The school will hold your transcripts for your student if you don't pay the over $100 registration fee and all the other fees you will incur the rest of the school year. They will send you to collections without letting you know. When you do pay the fees they still refuse to give your childs transcripts and say that you still owe hundreds of dollars in school fees and the District will not help you and they tell the school to handle it.

If you come from the wrong side of the interstate you can forget them caring about you or your students.

This school completely failed both of my kids. They both struggled, and both their dad and I tried to work with their teachers to get them back on track. We tried for 3 years to work them towards graduation. In the end both of them did not graduate and both had to go on to get their adult high school diplomas. I know my kids were in part to blame, but teachers and counselors should be there support the kids that are struggling instead of turning their backs on them.

I was shy and completely picked on all throughout my elementary school years, and finally started to blossom when junior high came. Northridge gave me that extra push, and now after my first year there I'm a complete social butterfly and have been performing better academically than I would have ever anticipated, with a year GPA of 3.7. The teachers here are incredible, I owe them so much. I'm a member of the PVA academy, and the administration doesn't do much to encourage students to attend the plays (aside from the major musical done every year) or the band/choir/orchestra concerts. But our school community is highly encouraging, and it's so easy for ANYONE to make friends there. The academies are amazing, and they surround you with people with similar interests as yours. I could not ask for a better high school experience! Can't wait for the next two years.

Honestly as a student... Northridge is a great school! My only complaint being that as a student in PVA (performing and visual arts) the administration never promotes the choir, art, or theater students anywhere near the other groups. Very unappreciAted.

I'm a student, currently in my sophomore year. My first year here has been awesome socially, and certain teachers are simply amazing. I'm in the arts academy, (PVA), one of the biggest ones, and I love it. The teachers within the academy are all great. My world civ and English classes are decided upon my academy, and Mr. Hansen (who teaches world civ) is one of the most effective teachers I've ever had. Ms. Partridge (formerly Ms. Snarr) is the most hardworking, dedicated, experienced choral director I'll ever imagine to have. My theater teacher has recently been 'let go', and I loved his class. I'll definitely miss it in the years to come. It's true that the counselors are not helpful. I've made three appointments with them this year for help and it's the same discussion--what credits do I need? Forget anything else.

My advice on Northridge and life in general- get involved! Northridge offers so many extra things you can do to learn and grow in your area of intrest. The classes are geared toward medical, business, arts, culinary ect... and you get to choose an academy to belong to which is geared toward your area of intrest as well. I was a student there. Just like anywhere you can choose to be bitter and have a bad experience or you can take control of your life and find joy in the journey. As far as the school being too pushy in religion- the people in the community have good values and morals- why wouldn't you want your kid to grow up around people like that?

Good School. The people are really nice and approach you when you look like you're having a hard time find a class or your locker.

Be ready to pull your hair out trying to get someone to return your phone calls or emails, and getting information about schoolwork and performance. And, yes, it seems it's all about CREDITS CREDITS CREDITS.

I my opinion that is the best school anyone could ever go to the counselors that they have been talking about about are extremely helpful and make sure to take care of the students. The principal is the best and he makes sure that the students are taken care of. I was a stdent in northridge for two years (sophmore and junior years) and i found it a great school

Last modified Northridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.