Layton, UT
Students enrolled: 1,709

Layton High School 3

Posted November 27, 2010
I have two teens that attend LHS. The counseling/college prep staff has been good. The class selection is okay, and the teachers seem to have a genuine, positive connection with the students. School spirit is high. I enjoy diversity (having lived all over the US), but there is little diversity here. However, that is changing, and my kids have friends of many different backgroungs. Lastly, the office staff can be hard to work with, and not very friendly, but not so with the attendance staff.

Posted January 29, 2010
Layton High School is a great school! I attended both Davis High School and Layton High School during my high school career and both are great schools! Layton High School is often overly criticized because it is so close to the academic behemoth that is, Davis High School. Admittedly Davis High School has a more structured, academic-intensive atmosphere, but Layton High's academics are still strong and noteworthy. Their art programs are superb and the students are more socially accepting and 'down to Earth' than at some of the surrounding schools.

Layton High School 1

Posted November 26, 2009
I am a new student to Layton High, I started at the beginning of this year. I came from a very great school that excelled in academics and pretty much everything else. We were constantly learning new material. Now at Layton, it might be because of all of the scandals, but I don't know - at Layton I don't feel like I'm being challenged to learn anything new. I used to be a member of my school's advanced show choir, but quit due to the lack of restraint the choir retained. The theatre program is marvelous - it's the only class I've ever even had homework in. The teachers fail to make a connection with the students that will help them learn better, and I constantly feel deprived at this school because Davis has a much, much, MUCH more vigorous learning schedule. Do not send your child to Layton High School.

Posted May 18, 2009
I love Layton High. I have enjoyed getting to know my fellow students and I get along well with most of my teachers. Layton High is a good school dedicated to build up the students and inspire them to choose a career that best fits their personality, and they enjoy doing.

Layton High School 0

Posted January 28, 2009
I am a current student at Layton High, and I must say that Layton is one of the greatest school out there. Im not just saying that because I go to Layton. There are many Concurrent Enrollment and AP classes available, and the teachers who teach these classes are really good. I should also add that Layton High has a fantastic Automotive Program. I am taking the Concurrent Enrollment Automotive Course and I have to say it is a great experience. The only downfalls are some of the counselors and some of the ways the Principal spends money. The counselors try to help you plan your classes, but they sometimes try to make you take the classes they like. The other negative is how to Principal spends the schools funds. He will not let Auto spend any of their money. Overall this school is a great school that i would recommend.

Layton High School 5

Posted October 23, 2008
As an early college student who is also enrolled at Layton High, I have seen major issues and a great atmosphere associated with Layton High. The counselors are a major problem with Layton. All are focused on the goal that every child should graduate from high school, however, this goal overlooks students who are exceling. Most counselors are great at recommending AP, concurrent enrollment, and early college- so look for those counselors. Activities after school are fantastic. Many clubs help the community, others include sports, and all accept every person. I enjoy Layton High especially because there are few cliches. No discrimination. I would recommend this school- it may not have all of the finances that Davis High has, nor does it have world class bands, but every person at Layton has the heart to succeed and the tools to create a better future.

Layton High School 0

Posted September 21, 2008
Dont judge Layton High School on the review from this certain person that attended the school 12 years ago! Layton High is a great school and is alot diffrent that what you hear about from alot of people. The classes are small and they try to get you through high school the best way that you can and try to make sure that you know the stuff that they are teaching. They also try to get everyone to particapate in the clubs the students just need to sign up and they will have a better high school experience. So i hope you will listen to me since I go to LHS this year and about how great the school is! Go Lancers!!!

Layton High School 1

Posted August 01, 2008

Posted July 05, 2008
I currently attend Layton High and I love the school! Now I didn't say I love the counselors...that is the major problem with Layton High is that they don't seem to be able to guide the students to where they should be in education so that they can take the right classes. They more so focus on the requirements. But you can't just say that they only focus on the 'elementary education'. I had 5 AP classes last year and an honors class. The students have the choice whether or not to take hard classes. If they are getting higher than a 3.0 and they aren't even trying, they aren't taking hard enough classes. Be a parent and encourage them to try. Or maybe you will have to offer them money for each harder class they take. Remember, it isn't just the school that gets them education, it's their will too!

Layton High School 5

Posted May 29, 2008

Layton High School
440 Lancer Ln, Layton, UT  84041
Last modified Layton High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Layton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top