700 students|Davis District

Bad
Good

My children started attending Layton Elementary back in 2001. I could not ask for a better school for my kids to go to. The teachers are all amazing and very approachable. The administration is great and very helpful.

Layton has a new administration team leading us to be a better school with better education for our students. With the addition of some more amazing new teachers this year, I think we are heading in the right direction. I think our students and community will see the benefits each year from here on out! I also love that they are no longer serving breakfast in the classrooms!

I am not happy with this school. In the last 5 years 3 of my 4 children have attended this school. It seems there is no regard for what the school truely needs & funds are being wasted on a mandatory breakfast & other wasteful things while teachers are begging parents for supplies. The quality of education drops off as the kids advance in grades. it is getting so ridiculous that we are thinking of moving just so my kids could get a better education. Kindergarten & 1st grade teachers are phenomenal, but do not go to Layton Elementary past there.

Our school year started out with a personal visit from Layton Elementary's principal and vice principal, just to get to know us a little better and tell us that we were welcome in either of their offices at any time. As a first-time parent of a school-aged child, I was so pleased with the visit. My son has had some behavior problems in school this year and we have had a very positive experience in getting him the support he needs to overcome those problems. Academically, I've been very pleased with the rate at which he is learning and the variety of projects he brings home to reinforce the concepts being taught. There are 22 children in his kindergarten class and I have no complaints at all about his teacher. So far, we love Layton Elementary!

My entire family has had a horrific experience at Layton Elementary!!! Several other parents I've talked to have had problems as well, especially with the principal! In fact, the entire office staff and some teachers have treated us very poorly. My children and my family deserve better! My children will no longer be attending this school. Despite a few good reviews on this school, I can't imagine anyone having a good experience at Layton Elementary!

Simply put by far the best principal & teachers my kids have ever had. I wish my older kids would have had the same quality educational experience as my younger. I assure you this school is a wonderful blessing in my life thank you.

Layton Elementary provides basic academics, but no meaningful extended academic programs. We have sent 4 children to school at Layton and noticed a widely varying degree of teacher quality, with many of the most-qualified teachers going to other schools, retiring, or soon-to-be retiring. We volunteered to provide additional art education for grades 3-6 because no extended out-program was available, and the students were not being served by the classroom teachers. In some grades/classes parents are very involved, but in others there is very little parental activity. The principal does an outstanding job with what he has, but the school is under-funded and not as well-staffed as many surrounding schools. Students with special needs are often not properly served (not solely in this school, but district-wide), though the principal goes above-and-beyond to do whatever he personally can to help these children.

Last modified Layton School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.