734 students|Davis District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My son went to this school from kindergarten through 4th grade. The teachers would tell us that he was very high energy. Come to find out this is code for" I cant handle my class and would like them all on ADHD medication". My son was a slow reader and I would ask what we could do and all they would say is read at home and it will come. This happened through 4th grade. Well I read at home with him and noticed he was missing some basic skills .Why did they not see this. The teachers are berating at this school and do nothing to help children with studies or self esteem. If you send your kids to this school you might as well home school them because they learn nothing. We got excepted to a charter school in Salt Lake. This school is wonderful . They noticed his problem right away and started helping him. He is now in the sixth grade and reading on a eighth grade level. He is never in trouble, in fact I get emails saying what a wonderful caring person he is. The sad thing is I have always been a supporter of public neighborhood schools. I feel it brings a unity to the community. Not in this case out of the 20 kids that live around us that are school age none of them still go to this school, they either go to charter school or have received variances to go to a different elementary in the area. That says a lot about this school.

My nephews and niece attend this school and I have heard nothing but terrible things about this school. Bullying is very bad here. My niece received a letter from a class mate telling her they hate her and nobody likes her, my nephew get pushed into lockers and gets kicked. Told the principle and teacher, they did nothing about it.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I like the character building activities this school has. My kids' teachers have always insisted on and taught good behavior.

All three of my kids have attended Lincoln and have had very good experiences. The teachers have been attentive and caring. The administration has been friendly and easy to work with when I've had questions or problems.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Awards like ice cream day, movie day, ect never happen as told to the students. They are young, they get very excited about these types of activities.

Moved here from out of state a year ago. Very disappointed. Fights in the hallways & bathrooms all the time. Have to earn tickets to even use the bathroom! The morning program is ran by a lady who makes them put heads down for quite time when they arrive since she doesn't like noise in the mornings. The teacher my child had bullys the students, makes fun of them in class. And when you file complaints, I was told to handle it myself!

My granddaughter with ADHD is now a second grader at this school and it has been a fabulous school for her! It is a Title 1 school, so there are extra resources to help her and caring teachers who have referred her to reading tutors and other additional helps for her. She is doing very well. There is a Spanish Immersion program and a very rich cultural diversity in the student body of this school which broadens her world view, too which is not true of most Utah schools. When we bought a new house, we made sure it was still in Lincoln's district. This is a great school!

Our initial impression of this school was good but over the last year that has changed. We have two special needs children that do not fit into the "normal" for special needs and have found the staff extremely inflexable about learning the new skills needed to teach our children. They have fought and fought with us over our kids even being disabled since their academics are okay; it's a social disorder not a learning one and the staff just can not seem to wrap their heads around that. With that said... if your child is more-or-less normal they should do well. There is however, a terrible problem with bullying and fighting. I've seen it in the hallways many times.

My daughter went to this school for Kindergarten and part of 1st Grade. We were so sad to take her out when we had to relocate to AZ for my husband's job. The school was wonderful, the staff truly cared about the students, and the children were polite and friendly. I wish I could find a school this great in AZ!

Last modified Lincoln School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.