Layton, UT

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 30, 2015
My kids have had to work hard to earn their grades, they were never given to them. I appreciate the six grade teachers for helping my not-too-motivated son succeed.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 30, 2015
I've noticed that any student showing disrespect for another student or teacher has been dealt with quickly.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 30, 2015
My daughter is on the autism spectrum and all of her teachers have treated her in a way that makes her feel safe and happy at school.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 30, 2015
I like the character building activities this school has. My kids' teachers have always insisted on and taught good behavior.

Lincoln School 5

Posted July 30, 2015
All three of my kids have attended Lincoln and have had very good experiences. The teachers have been attentive and caring. The administration has been friendly and easy to work with when I've had questions or problems.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
My child has been teased and bullied by his own teacher! She will bring her own children to her classroom when they are sick. The teacher also picks favorites. Its not fair if two students can get up for some water, but others are told no with humiliating them in front of the class saying they should have brought some from home.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
A lot of fights in the bathrooms, so students try not to use it on breaks. Problem is during class time they have to earn tickets to use the bathroom. A serious problem that is not being handled after complaining to the school and the district.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
Awards like ice cream day, movie day, ect never happen as told to the students. They are young, they get very excited about these types of activities.

Lincoln School 1

Posted May 29, 2015
Moved here from out of state a year ago. Very disappointed. Fights in the hallways & bathrooms all the time. Have to earn tickets to even use the bathroom! The morning program is ran by a lady who makes them put heads down for quite time when they arrive since she doesn't like noise in the mornings. The teacher my child had bullys the students, makes fun of them in class. And when you file complaints, I was told to handle it myself!

Lincoln School 5

Posted March 05, 2015
My granddaughter with ADHD is now a second grader at this school and it has been a fabulous school for her! It is a Title 1 school, so there are extra resources to help her and caring teachers who have referred her to reading tutors and other additional helps for her. She is doing very well. There is a Spanish Immersion program and a very rich cultural diversity in the student body of this school which broadens her world view, too which is not true of most Utah schools. When we bought a new house, we made sure it was still in Lincoln's district. This is a great school!

591 West 2000 North, Layton, UT  84041
Last modified Lincoln School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top