Layton, UT

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
My child has been teased and bullied by his own teacher! She will bring her own children to her classroom when they are sick. The teacher also picks favorites. Its not fair if two students can get up for some water, but others are told no with humiliating them in front of the class saying they should have brought some from home.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
A lot of fights in the bathrooms, so students try not to use it on breaks. Problem is during class time they have to earn tickets to use the bathroom. A serious problem that is not being handled after complaining to the school and the district.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
Awards like ice cream day, movie day, ect never happen as told to the students. They are young, they get very excited about these types of activities.

Lincoln School 1

Posted May 29, 2015
Moved here from out of state a year ago. Very disappointed. Fights in the hallways & bathrooms all the time. Have to earn tickets to even use the bathroom! The morning program is ran by a lady who makes them put heads down for quite time when they arrive since she doesn't like noise in the mornings. The teacher my child had bullys the students, makes fun of them in class. And when you file complaints, I was told to handle it myself!

Posted March 05, 2015
My granddaughter with ADHD is now a second grader at this school and it has been a fabulous school for her! It is a Title 1 school, so there are extra resources to help her and caring teachers who have referred her to reading tutors and other additional helps for her. She is doing very well. There is a Spanish Immersion program and a very rich cultural diversity in the student body of this school which broadens her world view, too which is not true of most Utah schools. When we bought a new house, we made sure it was still in Lincoln's district. This is a great school!

Lincoln School 2

Posted September 29, 2010
Our initial impression of this school was good but over the last year that has changed. We have two special needs children that do not fit into the "normal" for special needs and have found the staff extremely inflexable about learning the new skills needed to teach our children. They have fought and fought with us over our kids even being disabled since their academics are okay; it's a social disorder not a learning one and the staff just can not seem to wrap their heads around that. With that said... if your child is more-or-less normal they should do well. There is however, a terrible problem with bullying and fighting. I've seen it in the hallways many times.

Posted April 24, 2007
My daughter went to this school for Kindergarten and part of 1st Grade. We were so sad to take her out when we had to relocate to AZ for my husband's job. The school was wonderful, the staff truly cared about the students, and the children were polite and friendly. I wish I could find a school this great in AZ!

Lincoln School 4

Posted August 20, 2004
We hate to leave this school. It has been a great place for learning and fun for our children. Teachers have been very compitent and have taught our children to excel. Love this school.

Posted December 10, 2003
Mr. Baird is an awesome principal and runs a very quality school. Lincoln has some of the best teachers ever. Thank you Mr. Baird and teaching staff.

591 West 2000 North, Layton, UT  84041
Last modified Lincoln School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top