Whitesides School 5

Posted April 10, 2014
This school is amazing! The principal is very attentive to students and parents. She is a very fair, understanding and qualified principal. I have taught here for a few years, and have seen many great accomplishments at our school. We have a wonderful faculty who is highly effective and knows the best teaching practices. You can't judge a school until you have been there.

Whitesides School 3

Posted January 29, 2014
My children attended this school for 3 years. There are a few excellent teachers, and a few who were not so great. I volunteered weekly in all of my children's classrooms, but I was often the only parent who did. There is a new principal, and she is excellent.

Whitesides School 1

Posted January 05, 2014
I must say this School needs to get its act together. Principle is all about social time and will never contact me back on concerns. Have had a teacher hurt my child and get dismissed right off. Not even the Head of Schools will do anything. I see potential however we need faculty to help with that. Take out the garbage and it starts with the Principle.

Whitesides School 5

Posted May 01, 2012
I feel that the staff is highly trained and is second to none! Our new principal truly cares about students and staff alike, and has provided many opportunities for growth. Each classroom comes equiped with ipads and a smartboard. As an added bonus our school has a wonderful before and after school program as well as an awesome PTA board.

Whitesides School 1

Posted August 17, 2010
My kids were at this school for a few years, then we started homeschooling. In my experience, there are about 2 or 3 good teachers at the school and the rest are ineffective and some of them downright bad. The principal is dismissive of concerns and when we tried to deal directly with the parent of the child who was bullying our daughter, the VP told the teacher to tell my daughter to tell her daddy (did you follow that?) that if we tried to contact that parent again, the school would call the police. Do NOT send your kids to Whitesides, any other option is better than this school.

Whitesides School 0

Posted August 08, 2007
I find it difficult to get any help from the staff at the school. It seems that no matter what I ask they cannot help. I also think that they spend their funds unwisely.

Whitesides School 2

Posted December 17, 2006
I was very disappointed in this school. We moved here from a different area. The school did not meet the needs of my children. I tried to talk to the principal about it and she was dismissive. There are unaddressed behavior problems at this school. We were lucky to be able to move our children to a different school in the district.

Whitesides School
233 North Colonial Ave, Layton, UT  84041
Last modified Whitesides School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitesides School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top