466 students|Davis District

Bad
Good

I was quite surprised to see the previous rating on this school about bullying because we had totally the opposite expeience. I got a call from the principal while I was at work. I was out it the office when the call came and when I heard the message, I immediately called the school. My son is small for his age and gets teased a lot about his height. This day not only did the principal take matters into action, so did his wonderful 6th grade teacher. It was handled so professionally that when my son had to write a paper on it for an assignment at a later date, he had completely forgot about it. This shows me that the actions taken by the school corrected the problem. My children have had a couple of teachers I didn't care for but overall, the teachers have been great.

Worst school ever. My son has been being bullied by students as well as his current teacher who is also allowing the students in his class to mistreat him. I have brought this issue up several times with the principle but she keeps placing blame on my 7 year old instead of trying to find a solution or probable cause to what's going on. They love hyper kids and try to convince you to get your hyper/ kinesthetic learning child diagnosed with ADHD so that they can then refer these children to their resource program and in return rack in lots of money from the government for school funds. This school will scam you, mistreat your child, and then place the blame on you as a parent and the child himself for feeling mistreated and left out. Horrible principle, horrible teachers (some, not all) and by far one of the worst school to send your child to. I would give zero stars but I have to at least give one star to be able to submit.

Where to start? love the reviews from the Teachers that give it 5 stars. Its a school with empty promises. Its a great school if you want your kid to learn how to bully. Not just the kids but teachers also bully the kids. The lead over the School just seems ho hum about things. If I hear one more time " what did your kid do " when there bullied I will go crazy.

This school is amazing! The principal is very attentive to students and parents. She is a very fair, understanding and qualified principal. I have taught here for a few years, and have seen many great accomplishments at our school. We have a wonderful faculty who is highly effective and knows the best teaching practices. You can't judge a school until you have been there.

My children attended this school for 3 years. There are a few excellent teachers, and a few who were not so great. I volunteered weekly in all of my children's classrooms, but I was often the only parent who did. There is a new principal, and she is excellent.

I must say this School needs to get its act together. Principle is all about social time and will never contact me back on concerns. Have had a teacher hurt my child and get dismissed right off. Not even the Head of Schools will do anything. I see potential however we need faculty to help with that. Take out the garbage and it starts with the Principle.

I feel that the staff is highly trained and is second to none! Our new principal truly cares about students and staff alike, and has provided many opportunities for growth. Each classroom comes equiped with ipads and a smartboard. As an added bonus our school has a wonderful before and after school program as well as an awesome PTA board.

My kids were at this school for a few years, then we started homeschooling. In my experience, there are about 2 or 3 good teachers at the school and the rest are ineffective and some of them downright bad. The principal is dismissive of concerns and when we tried to deal directly with the parent of the child who was bullying our daughter, the VP told the teacher to tell my daughter to tell her daddy (did you follow that?) that if we tried to contact that parent again, the school would call the police. Do NOT send your kids to Whitesides, any other option is better than this school.

I find it difficult to get any help from the staff at the school. It seems that no matter what I ask they cannot help. I also think that they spend their funds unwisely.

I was very disappointed in this school. We moved here from a different area. The school did not meet the needs of my children. I tried to talk to the principal about it and she was dismissive. There are unaddressed behavior problems at this school. We were lucky to be able to move our children to a different school in the district.

Last modified Whitesides School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.