1,241 students|Alpine District

Bad
Good

Posted May 25, 2016
I wish I had read these reviews before I sent my 9th grader here. He struggles a bit in school and this has been one of the worst experiences we have ever had at a school. The teachers don't care, and when I talked to the secretary at school about communicating with the parents more thru emails to notify us about activities & schedules for the end if the year she said everything had been the same for the last 13 years so why do we need to communicate anything? WE just moved here from down south and of course I don't know everything yet! Crazy that they would have that kind of attitude towards new families moving to the area. My son claims when he asked for help from the teacher in his credit recovery class ( where they are supposed to be getting help from the teacher) that they tell him they can't help him and to go sit down and do it himself, they just don't seem to care. I am glad we will be transferring to another school next year.

Posted January 05, 2016
My two sisters attend this school, and I have been there when I was in 7th grade and it was the worse 6 months of my life, I hated that the teachers didn't even know your name, when you ask for help they only tell you some of the information, I hate that there was no way that you could get help!!!! Back school!!!

Posted December 18, 2015
There are very few teachers that actually want to teach and help you. Most of them are just doing it because it's a job opertunity. And the guards at lunch are mean and just looking to get people in trouble I am a student that goes there and it is pretty much HELL

Posted March 19, 2013
If I could give this school no stars I would. This school ranks lowest in the district in a lot of departments. And if you meet some of the faculty you will understand why. (There are few good teachers there). They take a direct instruction approach and frequently yell at their students for not understanding the material. I am a parent aide so I've witnessed the horrible teaching techniques myself. It is very political there and I think they have gone through 2 principles just in the past year. It is a nice school but what goes on inside the nice walls is really sad to witness. Students don't learn, they are just herded through like cattle. There are very few teachers who care about their students more than their own jobs and who are willing to take the time to help. Really sad really sad sad school. I am transferring my child into another school next year.

Posted September 29, 2011
My kids has been to several school so I have a lot to compare to,and this school is hands down the worst school my kids has ever attended.Last year I had two kids in this school,this year I have one. I have problems with teachers being unorganized at loosing assigments that my kids did,one teacher was so inappropriate that I had to switch my daughter out of his class.A high percentage of the teacher there are just there to collect a paycheck they do not care about the students.We have a new principal this year,maybe that will help I don't know.

Posted March 21, 2011
My son has been through 2 public schools, 1 charter school and 3 private schools. I have never heard of him actually gushing about Willow Creek Middle School. Of course, when my son went to different schools he was younger and a little bit more immature back then. Part of his dislike of other schools was also partly because he was the problem as well. He likes the principal at Willow Creek and the staff are extremely helpful and professional. He loves the kids around him. And although he does not like all the teachers, he understands that different teachers have different styles.This school really wants to set up the student for success and they try everything and anything for the student to do better. He loves this school so much that when we were about to move the only condition was that he would still be able to go to this school and I have never heard my son like a school so much that it was one of the factors of our home choice. Usually he does not care.

Posted March 21, 2011
For those who posted reviews that Willow Creek is not a good school because the student/reviwer hears inappropriate language from kids. This is what I can say: Any teacher or school for that matter that hears a student say inappropriate language is bound to be reprimanded or told to stop. However, a teacher or staff can not always hear what students are saying every time and at every particular moment, unless all they do all day is follow each and every one of the 800+ students from morning until afternoon and try to eavesdrop what they are saying each and every time. If you hear kids saying inappropriate language, the problem is not in the school (unless staff hear it and don't be anything and it is pervasive in all corners of the school). The problem is at the home of those kids. The school can not always be blamed for how a child is raised within the four walls of his/her home.

Posted February 15, 2011
This is a school always working for the betterment of the student. That is a rare thing for a public school. Willowcreek is always trying to find the best methods to help the most kids. There is a stable out reach program to involve parents in the process. The administration works with the teachers to improve. The walkaway program is designed to prepare students for the state testing, and also for higher education. For those not agreeing with thus system, you must also have a problem with college. Finals and midterms usually make up the bulk of the grade there, so to do walkaway testing evaluate the students at this school.

Posted February 12, 2011
This is my second child finishing this school. We moved here a little over 5 years ago when my first daughter went there it was really different then Nebo district. Now that my second daughter is in 9th grade there I have found it to be great. the senior staff there is fantastic if your child is trying. Thank you willow creek. ( keep up the great work ). Bud Jolley

Posted November 01, 2010
The walkaway tests are horrible. It isn't fair to the kids to have one test count as their entire grade. And if one or two students aren't passing the walkaway, the teacher spends more time with them, while the rest of the class is learning nothing!

Willowcreek Middle School
2275 West 300 North, Lehi, UT  84043
Last modified Willowcreek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.