School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Renaissance Academy is an exceptional place of learning. Our dedicated and creative teachers bring life to our mission everyday. ` We believe that learning occurs best in a meaningful context. We accomplish this with the use of cross curricular instruction and experiential learning activities. Our cross curricular strategies provide students with regular instruction in the fine arts and world languages. The study of these disciplines provide students a framework to connect core academics to the world around them. We expand that framework for knowledge application through regular field trips, educational simulations and other hands on learning activities that educate through immersive experiences.
November 07, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted March 31, 2016
This school has so much for our kids to do! Art, dance, robotics, sports and world languages! The hands-on learning emphasis through things like the Voyager simulator and Wonder Days are rare in gems in education today. This school has a great vision and my kids are loving it!

Posted March 21, 2016
My children have thrived at this school. They have a gifted and talented program to challenge advanced students. The teachers are excellent and truly care about the individual learner. They spend time gauging where each student is at and tailor the learning to what they really need help with. Each student takes a daily language class so it is fun to see them picking up another language. There are lots of real-life learning experiences (wonder days, field trips, hands-on science experiments, etc). My students took a science trip to California that was an amazing experience for them. We love the interactions with their sister school in China and all of the after-school activities that are offered (great elementary & middle school ballroom teams, coding, robotics, sports, chess, drama, other dance styles, etc). It's very easy for students to get involved here (national honors society, Hope Week, community service, Student Government, etc). We are excited about the Space Center that is about to open on campus. They have great friends. I've noticed the students in general behave well (so much better than our previous 2 schools). There are always parents volunteering so it may be because of high parental involvement. We just really love this school!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 21, 2016
The teachers are hard-working and dedicated. They focus on the individual and are great at communicating with parents regularly.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 21, 2016
Students at this school are very well behaved and encouraged to be honest and fair to others. The teachers are great at setting that tone.

Renaissance Academy 3

Posted March 27, 2015
School has been great for our grandchildren. There is a lot of drama that still goes on as in any school. Your board members, I feel, think they are above others. This is never a good thing in any school. The director for the little I have seen him has to make sure he sets an example. The carpool lane is not a time to visit with a parent. If he does he needs to be aware of what is going on around him. The carpool lane is a joke most of the time as many think it is their right to pass everyone to get in ahead of you. Nothing is being done to resolve this issue. Have been picking up for two years now. Not sure I would recommend the school or not. See some gaps in the education as well and as a former educator it is dishearten to see this happen.

Posted March 01, 2015
I'm a parent and member of the board. Amazingly Renaissance is able to offer an award-winning world language program without sacrificing academics and extracurricular programs. The teachers report they love their work, and it shows in the quality service they provide. I find the administration to be approachable and genuinely passionate. I have complete confidence in the Renaissance team to deliver my kids the best elementary school experience in the area.

Posted February 12, 2015
Parent communication is very good a Renaissance. Over the last two years there have been many improvements to make it easier for parents to get involved and stay informed but it does take commitment. The new website design with quick links to lunch menus, student grades and the online language arts and math curriculum are awesome! The addition of on-line bill pay, the new website for tracking parent's volunteering hours, the parent and public facebook pages also provide ongoing access to answers from administration and other parents almost anytime day or night. You can't keep everbody happy...but I personally appreciate Mr. Ursic and Ms. McCappin for working so hard to keep up with questions from hundreds of parents. Kudos guys...keep up the good work.

Renaissance Academy 2

Posted February 11, 2015
Teachers are great. I enjoyed all teachers we had and I feel kids are getting interesting fun learning. I am grateful for that. However, administration is extremely unorganized. Parents are supposed to volunteer but not very many parents come to help or donate supplies that teachers need. Communication is the worst part. Even though requesting to meet with executive administration, he never replied back. Calling his secretary is no use. They tell you he is too busy to meet so we need to send emails that is the ONLY way to communicate with him. There are many good things about this school but there are more frustration with unorganized administrations.

Posted February 11, 2015
We love this school! My 4 kids have been here for three years, and won't consider anywhere else. Wonder days are thrilling w/hands-on approach. They gave my super bored hating school son a love and thirst for learning that I am forever indebted for. We took our kids to china and I was astounded that after 1 year of language they conversed with the locals well. Many field trips make learning a 3D experience. Administration greatly improved this year. The comment about having no principal is misleading. Yes, there's no formal principal title, but there's an executive director and dean of students who are both great. Two competent administrators is far better than 1 overworked principal. Phoenix 200 program uses positive reinforcement to reward kids. It works! The students here seem far more well behaved than other schools we've explored. Teachers are responsive and willing to accommodate needs or learning styles. Renaissance is absolutely worth looking into. Its not perfect, but every day it gets closer. Can't wait for their space simulator to finish being built!!!! Awesome!! RA is an excellent option if you're wanting your kids to actually experience education. Five stars!!

Posted November 17, 2014
After spending time in several schools, we found that Renaissance is the most creative and fun. My kids wake up each day excited to go to school. They enjoy a hands on approach to learning that keeps them engaged and Interested. They are also well prepared to take placement and end of year tests. We love our school!

3435 North 1120 East, Lehi, UT  84043
Last modified Renaissance Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.