Public charter
Lehi, UT
After care: No
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Renaissance Academy is an exceptional place of learning. Our dedicated and creative teachers bring life to our mission everyday. ` We believe that learning occurs best in a meaningful context. We accomplish this with the use of cross curricular instruction and experiential learning activities. Our cross curricular strategies provide students with regular instruction in the fine arts and world languages. The study of these disciplines provide students a framework to connect core academics to the world around them. We expand that framework for knowledge application through regular field trips, educational simulations and other hands on learning activities that educate through immersive experiences.
November 7, 2014

Posted November 17, 2014
After spending time in several schools, we found that Renaissance is the most creative and fun. My kids wake up each day excited to go to school. They enjoy a hands on approach to learning that keeps them engaged and Interested. They are also well prepared to take placement and end of year tests. We love our school!
4 people found this helpful

Renaissance Academy 1

Posted November 13, 2014
This used to be a great school. With constant staff turn over and no principal for the past 2 1/2 years, things have steadily declined. My kids will not be returning next year.
3 people found this helpful

Posted November 08, 2014
I currently have 4 children attending Renaissance Academy in Lehi. We have been there for 5 years. I love that the kids have early out on Friday. They are home in time to eat lunch with me, we love this time together. Each of my children have chosen to specialize in a different language at R.A. I have kids in Chinese, Spanish and Arabic. They each picked the perfect language for them and I have loved and appreciated the vast knowledge of our world that they have been able to explore. They chit chat in their languages with each other and they have really learned to love other cultures. I already know I will always be grateful for the influence of the foreign language department who have demonstrated to my kids that we do live in a small world and there is much to be appreciated. There have been 2 times during my early years at the school where I had serious concerns. Both times I sat down with the administration and explained what I saw happening. Both times they let me know I was being heard. They let me know I wasn't the only one feeling this way and both times the situation was 100% remedied. I know that they are always looking out for the kids.
8 people found this helpful

Posted November 07, 2014
This school has hit its stride! Change is painful but in this case it is the result of positive growth. The school staff this year is absolutely phenomenal! Parents don't know what goes on in classrooms everyday or how well a teacher is serving their students. I trust that school administration has the best interests of students at heart when they make HR decisions. Every time I see a teacher go they have been replaced with someone better and my kids are better off for it.
13 people found this helpful

Renaissance Academy 4

Posted November 07, 2014
Five stars would be a school that is rare, above average test scores and also great citizenship in their students, amazing teachers, meets individual needs. Three stars would be a school that is just your average school, can't say anything too bad about it, can't say much good about it. Four stars is a school that gets average test scores, but goes above and beyond average to meet the needs of the students, and a school environment that puts students first as far as the curriculum, extra activities, creativity, etc. This is school that does just that. It has more of a university feel to it than just your regular district elementary school. It stresses using your strengths, and building your skills from there, whether you are a student, teacher, volunteer or parent. Also using those strengths to build the school community. It stresses self improvement and accountability from the teachers. It nurtures students from K-9th grade, watching them grow and learn. It teaches world languages! I would recommend this school to the parent who is looking to broaden their students horizons, and is looking to help build a school community.
8 people found this helpful

Posted November 06, 2014
I really like my school. I have gone to Renaissance for 4 years. I feel very safe there and like all my teachers. The teachers really care about their students. I love learning Chinese everyday! I plan on staying at Renaissance until 9th grade. I tell all my friends to come here so they can be happy too. The kids are all nicer here than at my old school. I also like being in the school plays and playing basketball.
11 people found this helpful

Posted November 06, 2014
We started attending Renaissance for the world languages and specialty elective programs. We have stayed at Renaissance because of the way teachers and administration care about our opinions. I feel that my voice is heard and my opinions matter and make a different. I am committed to the school, I hope to see my children stay in this wonderful school all the way through until 9th grade. I love the smaller class sizes, the teacher autonomy, and innovative learning methods. I love being valued and involved as a volunteer in the classroom. I ESPECIALLY love the Chinese immersion program. My oldest has been in it from the beginning and has been making huge progress in the reading, speaking and listening Chinese skills. Her Chinese teachers have all been so helpful and fabulous, friendly and understanding.
11 people found this helpful

Posted October 30, 2014
I have worked at Renaissance Academy for many years and I love coming to work everyday. How could you not when you have great families, and students, stellar curriculum, supportive administration, wonderful after school programs, exciting languages to learn, and you're surrounded by other dedicated educators? I have appreciated and valued the opportunities we have been given to professionally develop. We are constantly encouraged and given the support to challenge our students, engage them, and the freedom to think outside of the box to provide our students with hands-on experiential learning activities. Renaissance faculty and staff work hard to create a whole person learning experience. We know that the core subjects are important to master but we also support students into becoming functioning members of our society, prepared to contribute in today's world. Wonderful things are happening at Renaissance Academy. It's an amazing adventure to be a part of! Sure, we have had issues like any workplace but we're all doing our best. People will always find what they're looking whether it's positive or negative. Come, check us out and see for yourself what we're all about!
12 people found this helpful

Posted August 21, 2014
I am very happy with this school. The teachers and curriculum are excellent. Not sure what the negative review is talking about, the new CEO is the best thing to ever happen to renaissance. I'm glad there is the ability to fire someone as obviously negative as that teacher must have been! We have had nothing but good experiences!
10 people found this helpful

Posted August 20, 2013
I love this school! I have had all 5 of my kids go to this school. The World Language program is top notch. I love the innovative approach to education and that they use hands on learning to reinforce what is taught. They have not forgotten that the fine arts are part of a balanced education. My kids get PE, art, music, technology education, field trips AND a top notch academic education too! Daily world language study is offered from K-9th grade. My 2 kids that have graduated are fluent in their 2nd language. My youngest child takes Arabic. How cool is that! I would recommend this school (and have) to anyone who is interested in the best education option for your kids without spending a fortune.
10 people found this helpful

Renaissance Academy
3435 North 1120 East, Lehi, UT  84043
Last modified Renaissance Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top