School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Re: "I would not recommend this school to ANYONE." We are an innovative organization with a creative faculty who provide unique experiential learning opportunities for our students everyday. To ensure a quality academy offering Renaissance Academy will always seek to employ the best talent when filling our faculty and staff positions. Our teachers are our greatest asset. They are dedicated, responsible and accountable for their performance. We expect the same level of professionalism from our staff as well. As a result, some people will not be a good cultural fit at Renaissance. Although it is unfortunate, at times those that lack the drive, professionalism or personal accountability to succeed will resign, less than satisfied by their experience, as did the staff person who wrote the "I would not recommend this school to ANYONE" post. Our staff are exceptionally qualified educators and as a result enjoy unique opportunities to participate in leading the school into the future. For example, our senior teachers are asked to serve as members of the school's Executive Leadership Team (ELC). As members of the ELC they participate in curriculum reviews, curriculum selection, policy advisory discussions and school operational decisions. They act as experienced, professional advisors to school administration and their service is greatly appreciated. Renaissance Academy is proud of our staff's commitment to continuous improvement and our students benefit daily from the partnership and trust that we enjoy with our faculty as we chart the course of our school together. Not every employee is ready for the level of responsibility and commitment required of a Renaissance staff member. Nevertheless, even when an they decide to resign for a more suitable opportunity -we will always be thankful for their service and wish them well in their future endeavors. I am proud to work alongside the dedicated staff of Renaissance Academy--it has been the best professional experience of my career.
October 23, 2013

Posted October 30, 2014
I have worked at Renaissance Academy for many years and I love coming to work everyday. How could you not when you have great families, and students, stellar curriculum, supportive administration, wonderful after school programs, exciting languages to learn, and you're surrounded by other dedicated educators? I have appreciated and valued the opportunities we have been given to professionally develop. We are constantly encouraged and given the support to challenge our students, engage them, and the freedom to think outside of the box to provide our students with hands-on experiential learning activities. Renaissance faculty and staff work hard to create a whole person learning experience. We know that the core subjects are important to master but we also support students into becoming functioning members of our society, prepared to contribute in today's world. Wonderful things are happening at Renaissance Academy. It's an amazing adventure to be a part of! Sure, we have had issues like any workplace but we're all doing our best. People will always find what they're looking whether it's positive or negative. Come, check us out and see for yourself what we're all about!

Renaissance Academy 1

Posted October 26, 2014
If only there was a rating for negative stars. If you want to know how bad this school really is just take a look these thing right here: 1. Declining enrollment big time 2. Inability to keep any kind of staff member long term unless they are in a position of power that will give them more money 3. Promises made by a very ineffective, unqualified CEO, except when brown nosing the board, to create a second campus along with a Space Center 4. October board meeting minutes, if they even post them, showing how dissatisfactory the board and CEO run the school. These are just a couple of things you will find wrong with this school. You may not meet a more deceitful person than the CEO. He has built the school such that it safe guards his power and lies. The board only enables him by not checking his power plays and ability to cover up his lies. This school used to be great but now is worse than the general school system the school was founded to do better than. My recommendation would be to take your kids out if they are there. If you are looking for a charter school, I would definitely pass by this one. It is unfortunate that a select few have completely ruined this school!

Posted August 21, 2014
I am very happy with this school. The teachers and curriculum are excellent. Not sure what the negative review is talking about, the new CEO is the best thing to ever happen to renaissance. I'm glad there is the ability to fire someone as obviously negative as that teacher must have been! We have had nothing but good experiences!

Renaissance Academy 1

Posted October 22, 2013
I would not recommend this school to ANYONE. They cannot keep a principal and have been through five of them in six years. They hired a CEO 2 1/2 years ago who knows nothing about education. He has a bachelors degree in business and most teachers are more educated than him. The teachers are great, but there is no leadership at the school. The CEO instills fear in the teaching staff. Just look at the staff attrition rate each year. Their entire third grade staff quit last year, the fourth grade staff is all new in the past two years. They comment on how great the world language program is, yet three teachers and the director all quit over the summer. Since the CEO arrived, they have had a 63% attrition rate. WAKE UP SCHOOL BOARD. If you would spend your time fixing what is broken, rather than beefing up your rating here (as demonstrated by the woman below with five kids, two who graduated and the youngest taking Arabic-yes, she is the board president) things would be much better. The staff are hurting, they need leadership and a qualified principal who can relate to kids and build relationships with staff. Just google them for all of the negative politics. Stay away!!

Posted August 20, 2013
I love this school! I have had all 5 of my kids go to this school. The World Language program is top notch. I love the innovative approach to education and that they use hands on learning to reinforce what is taught. They have not forgotten that the fine arts are part of a balanced education. My kids get PE, art, music, technology education, field trips AND a top notch academic education too! Daily world language study is offered from K-9th grade. My 2 kids that have graduated are fluent in their 2nd language. My youngest child takes Arabic. How cool is that! I would recommend this school (and have) to anyone who is interested in the best education option for your kids without spending a fortune.

Posted August 19, 2013
We have three children at Renaissance Academy and we have been extremely happy with the quality of this school. The parent engagement has been strong, the teachers have challenged our children and the school leadership is open to parent feedback. The school provides a great environment for our children to explore their creativity and offers a solid academic program. We have been impressed at how much the teachers care about our children's progress and how available they are to discuss any issues they may be having. As with any school they have their share of issues, some teachers are better than others, some parents are more opinionated and vocal than others but our children have enjoyed their years here and we would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 17, 2013
My children have been attending Renaissance Academy for the past 7 years. The school has many strengths including, foreign languages (Spanish, Chinese, and Arabic), music program, ballroom for elementary students, all day kindergarten program and many more. The students are pushed and achieve academic rigor because of the high standards of both the teachers and the school. The teachers are amazing and do creative and engaging activities which cause students to look beyond the basic and make new connections of growth. My children have really enjoyed the "wonder days" where they apply the lessons learned from the week with hands on activities. Some of the negatives would be teacher retention, drama within the school as far as employees and board members are concerned, lack of a developed middle school program, school website, and transparency. After teaching in other schools in the area and visiting with other parents from other schools, I know Renaissance Academy shines far above the other schools in the area and cannot compare with its high level of learning and understanding. I fully support Renaissance Academy and hope you look into the possibilities for your family.

Renaissance Academy 4

Posted August 05, 2013
I have been going to Renaissance since first grade. I'll be going into eighth grade this next year. It has been great for me every year. The classes are small which makes learning much easier. (There were 13 students in my Spanish class this last year.) The teachers know the students. After a week or two in the school year, you don't have to worry about a teacher forgetting your name because there aren't very many names for the teachers to learn. I have never encountered any bullying. Every student is required to learn a foreign language (Spanish, Chinese, and Arabic). I feel like a learn a lot every year. Most, if not all, of the teachers are great.

Renaissance Academy 3

Posted March 07, 2013
My son is in Kindergarten. His teacher is great and she is very involved with kids. I am very pleased what we saw as far as inside of a classroom; however, one draw back is communication. They are not very organized and all of the communication were through internet with assumption of parents check email and Facebook 24/7. They did not call even when they decided to get school out earlier when the snow was bad... Or when they found out that there was a child diagnosed with weeping cough. They did not send a letter or did not make phone call. They just assumed all parents check email every minutes and/or Facebook. The communication style was the only thing that I found that needs to be improve... I hope they improve in that area.

Posted August 22, 2012
We have been at this school for 3 years now and love it. I have been there when there was some drama however, with the new CEO and Principle (in their 3rd and 2nd year at the school, respectively) the school has had a huge turn around and I can see that the school is going in a great direction. There are many amazing teachers and only one or two that I have heard not so great things about. The school has a Dual Immersion program in Chinese and has 30 minutes of instruction daily in Arabic or Spanish (for those not in Chinese). They have great art programs, drama productions, music, and ballroom. All in all I am extremely happy that I have stayed over the years. My children are happy there and excited to return after the summer break.

Renaissance Academy
3435 North 1120 East, Lehi, UT  84043
Last modified Renaissance Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top