Public charter
Lehi, UT
After care: No

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Renaissance Academy is an exceptional place of learning. Our dedicated and creative teachers bring life to our mission everyday. ` We believe that learning occurs best in a meaningful context. We accomplish this with the use of cross curricular instruction and experiential learning activities. Our cross curricular strategies provide students with regular instruction in the fine arts and world languages. The study of these disciplines provide students a framework to connect core academics to the world around them. We expand that framework for knowledge application through regular field trips, educational simulations and other hands on learning activities that educate through immersive experiences.
November 7, 2014

Renaissance Academy 3

Posted March 27, 2015
School has been great for our grandchildren. There is a lot of drama that still goes on as in any school. Your board members, I feel, think they are above others. This is never a good thing in any school. The director for the little I have seen him has to make sure he sets an example. The carpool lane is not a time to visit with a parent. If he does he needs to be aware of what is going on around him. The carpool lane is a joke most of the time as many think it is their right to pass everyone to get in ahead of you. Nothing is being done to resolve this issue. Have been picking up for two years now. Not sure I would recommend the school or not. See some gaps in the education as well and as a former educator it is dishearten to see this happen.

Posted March 01, 2015
I'm a parent and member of the board. Amazingly Renaissance is able to offer an award-winning world language program without sacrificing academics and extracurricular programs. The teachers report they love their work, and it shows in the quality service they provide. I find the administration to be approachable and genuinely passionate. I have complete confidence in the Renaissance team to deliver my kids the best elementary school experience in the area.

Posted February 12, 2015
Parent communication is very good a Renaissance. Over the last two years there have been many improvements to make it easier for parents to get involved and stay informed but it does take commitment. The new website design with quick links to lunch menus, student grades and the online language arts and math curriculum are awesome! The addition of on-line bill pay, the new website for tracking parent's volunteering hours, the parent and public facebook pages also provide ongoing access to answers from administration and other parents almost anytime day or night. You can't keep everbody happy...but I personally appreciate Mr. Ursic and Ms. McCappin for working so hard to keep up with questions from hundreds of parents. Kudos guys...keep up the good work.

Renaissance Academy 2

Posted February 11, 2015
Teachers are great. I enjoyed all teachers we had and I feel kids are getting interesting fun learning. I am grateful for that. However, administration is extremely unorganized. Parents are supposed to volunteer but not very many parents come to help or donate supplies that teachers need. Communication is the worst part. Even though requesting to meet with executive administration, he never replied back. Calling his secretary is no use. They tell you he is too busy to meet so we need to send emails that is the ONLY way to communicate with him. There are many good things about this school but there are more frustration with unorganized administrations.
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 11, 2015
We love this school! My 4 kids have been here for three years, and won't consider anywhere else. Wonder days are thrilling w/hands-on approach. They gave my super bored hating school son a love and thirst for learning that I am forever indebted for. We took our kids to china and I was astounded that after 1 year of language they conversed with the locals well. Many field trips make learning a 3D experience. Administration greatly improved this year. The comment about having no principal is misleading. Yes, there's no formal principal title, but there's an executive director and dean of students who are both great. Two competent administrators is far better than 1 overworked principal. Phoenix 200 program uses positive reinforcement to reward kids. It works! The students here seem far more well behaved than other schools we've explored. Teachers are responsive and willing to accommodate needs or learning styles. Renaissance is absolutely worth looking into. Its not perfect, but every day it gets closer. Can't wait for their space simulator to finish being built!!!! Awesome!! RA is an excellent option if you're wanting your kids to actually experience education. Five stars!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 17, 2014
After spending time in several schools, we found that Renaissance is the most creative and fun. My kids wake up each day excited to go to school. They enjoy a hands on approach to learning that keeps them engaged and Interested. They are also well prepared to take placement and end of year tests. We love our school!
7 people found this helpful

Renaissance Academy 1

Posted November 13, 2014
This used to be a great school. With constant staff turn over and no principal for the past 2 1/2 years, things have steadily declined. My kids will not be returning next year.
5 people found this helpful

Posted November 08, 2014
I currently have 4 children attending Renaissance Academy in Lehi. We have been there for 5 years. I love that the kids have early out on Friday. They are home in time to eat lunch with me, we love this time together. Each of my children have chosen to specialize in a different language at R.A. I have kids in Chinese, Spanish and Arabic. They each picked the perfect language for them and I have loved and appreciated the vast knowledge of our world that they have been able to explore. They chit chat in their languages with each other and they have really learned to love other cultures. I already know I will always be grateful for the influence of the foreign language department who have demonstrated to my kids that we do live in a small world and there is much to be appreciated. There have been 2 times during my early years at the school where I had serious concerns. Both times I sat down with the administration and explained what I saw happening. Both times they let me know I was being heard. They let me know I wasn't the only one feeling this way and both times the situation was 100% remedied. I know that they are always looking out for the kids.
11 people found this helpful

Posted November 07, 2014
This school has hit its stride! Change is painful but in this case it is the result of positive growth. The school staff this year is absolutely phenomenal! Parents don't know what goes on in classrooms everyday or how well a teacher is serving their students. I trust that school administration has the best interests of students at heart when they make HR decisions. Every time I see a teacher go they have been replaced with someone better and my kids are better off for it.
16 people found this helpful

Renaissance Academy 4

Posted November 07, 2014
Five stars would be a school that is rare, above average test scores and also great citizenship in their students, amazing teachers, meets individual needs. Three stars would be a school that is just your average school, can't say anything too bad about it, can't say much good about it. Four stars is a school that gets average test scores, but goes above and beyond average to meet the needs of the students, and a school environment that puts students first as far as the curriculum, extra activities, creativity, etc. This is school that does just that. It has more of a university feel to it than just your regular district elementary school. It stresses using your strengths, and building your skills from there, whether you are a student, teacher, volunteer or parent. Also using those strengths to build the school community. It stresses self improvement and accountability from the teachers. It nurtures students from K-9th grade, watching them grow and learn. It teaches world languages! I would recommend this school to the parent who is looking to broaden their students horizons, and is looking to help build a school community.
11 people found this helpful

Renaissance Academy
3435 North 1120 East, Lehi, UT  84043
Last modified Renaissance Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top