PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Challenger School-Traverse Mountain 2

Posted February 08, 2016
Our daughter attended this school since kindergarden. Unfortunatelly the quality of the teachers they hire is not what was a couple of years ago. The school is more focused on making money than on having and paying the best teachers. The most concerning for me is their morals and that they are too strict. My daughter had a couple of teachers that played favorites, didn't take positive criticism feedback, answer questions coming from the kids, and were teaching kids by making them memorize or do the work for them. The reason for choosing Challenger was that we were looking to develop critical thinking in our daughter and hard work while today teachers come and go every year which shows lack of leadership in the school.

Challenger School-Traverse Mountain 2

Posted December 28, 2015
Although we have enjoyed our preschool and kindergarten experience, the elementary is nothing special at least not better than public. We saw improvements last year, but this year with all the teacher changes and poor replacements have made the experience undesirable. The elementary director comes across as fake and immature, and the headmaster clueless. They say the right things, but do nothing to address concerns. My advice, enroll in preschool and kindergarten, but find a good public or charter for elementary , and save your money.

Posted December 10, 2015
I have 2 girls attending this school. My wife and I are constantly blown away by the things they are learning. After reading some of the negative reviews about the change in leadership, I can honestly say that it has not changed the experience for my kids. The most telling thing for me is that they would rather be at school than daycare. They love it. They are not stressed out or overwhelmed in the least. One review said "But if you want your child to be self-confident, love learning, and to think independently, Challenger should not be your school." Our experience has been different. Even as preschoolers our kids were speaking in front of the class and correcting the teachers when they intentionally made mistakes.

Posted June 01, 2015
We are so glad we send our kids to Challenger School! They are learning more then we could ever hope for and they enjoy doing it! I smile every time my 5 year old starts doing multiplication facts in the car. I smile when my 7 years starts talking about atoms splitting. They love it and you can tell! Challenger School is truly amazing!

Posted April 22, 2015
My son loves it here! I don't personally get any warm, fuzzy feelings when I walk in but it isn't about me. My child is having fun, laughing, singing, learning and making friends. He is always referring to his "Challenger School" everywhere we go.

Posted March 24, 2015
My daughter goes to Pre-K here and absolutely loves it! Not even 4 as yet and she is reading, doing math and learning so much more than an average 3 year old. The teachers are awesome and so friendly towards her. They have amazing structure. She is thriving at Challenger.

Challenger School-Traverse Mountain 1

Posted March 13, 2015
We are former Challenger parents and have attended more than one campus. We left when we saw the negative effect the school had on our daughters self-confidence. Challenger places an inordinate amount of stress on young children by constantly comparing them to their classmates. Winning is everything at Challenger. It is not uncommon to see 5th grade children sob when they lose during a spelling bee or math bowl. Children are always disappointed when they lose. It is a problem when losing what should be a fun school contest injures their self-esteem. Fortunately, we found a public school principal nearby with the one character trait that Challenger will never teach your children. Compassion.

Posted March 11, 2015
We have loved Challenger. The schools in Utah are not the best in our country. They are overcrowded, under staffed, low standards, poor performers, and do not get me started with common core. We tried charter schools, but we didn't see a big difference between public and charter. This school is the only praiseworthy elementary school in town. We are a family that moved to Utah a few years ago, and in comparison to the other elementary schools in the area, I really appreciate the diversity at the campus. I think it is important for children to be exposed to different cultures and ideas, and make friends with kids from different types of backgrounds. This campus is the best game in town.

Posted March 02, 2015
We cannot say enough good things about Challenger. Their focus on teaching children how to love learn is a significant upgrade from our experience in public education. We would not hesitate to suggest Challenger for children and parents seeking a great all around education that prepares students for the rigors of secondary school.

Challenger School-Traverse Mountain 1

Posted January 27, 2015
Numbers don't lie. Challenger School students as a group are reported to receive high Iowa standardized test scores. If you want to pay a school to coach your child your child to score well on standardized tests, Challenger could be your school. But if you want your child to be self-confident, love learning, and to think independently, Challenger should not be your school. Before enrolling your child at Challenger, a quick internet search will yield an enormous number of poor and even damaging experiences from Challenger parents and students alike. And again, numbers don't lie.

Challenger School-Traverse Mountain
3920 North Traverse Mountain Blvd., Lehi, UT  84043
Last modified Challenger School-Traverse Mountain is a Private school that serves grades PK-8