Lehi, UT
Students enrolled: 1,050

Posted December 19, 2014
We moved to Eaglecrest 2.5 years ago with a second grader and kgtnr. We had experienced being in couple of other schools in the midwest before moving to UT. At first, we only found deficiencies by comparison, but over time, we have found a lot to appreciate. At first the principal, Rex Becker, seemed gruff and a little remote. But, when I went to his office to discuss concerns particular to my son's needs, I was impressed with the way Mr. Becker heard AND understood my concerns, and made accommodations right away. As with any school, the teachers range from being superstars to being excellent to just being average. So your classroom experience may depend on who you get. There is a formal "teacher-request" process in place, which helps. The only grade I've heard multiple complaints about is 6th, where all the teachers have agreed that any kids with ANY missing assignments will not be allowed out to recess or on field trips--counterproductive at best. Also, I really wish that students could get the full variety of Specials each week (art, PE, computers, etc), instead of having 6 straight weeks of PE every day, and then none the rest of the year. Lastly, Battle of the Books is great!

Posted October 05, 2014
Eaglecrest is an amazing school with great support from teachers, the principal, the pta and the librarian. I've had my two youngest children attend there and have been very pleased with their curriculum and how they all care about each child as an individual. It's a crowded school but to be expected in this end of the growing Utah county. However, despite growing numbers and budget cuts, they manage to make it all work. I've been involved with different programs throughout the years and have been so impressed with the professionalism of the staff and their support of educating our children. They've incorporated a new reading program called battle of the books and I've had teachers tell me their reading scores are up because of the focus on reading great material. The Pta always involves the community and there is just an all around good feel to the school. You will not be disappointed by sending your children there.

Posted July 15, 2013
I have taught at Eaglecrest for 13 years. I have been a computer specialist, an art specialist and a 5th grade teacher. I have found the atmosphere of this school to be one of kind. The faculty and staff treat each other with respect and kindness. Mr. Becker has been the principal for the past 7 years and has fostered a family like feeling at the school. We truley love our students. Many teachers spend countless hours pondering ways to better each individual child. At the end of every school year I have felt successful and fulfilled. I know that the majority of our parents and students love our school and wouldn't want to go anywhere else. Despite the large population we have a "small town- family" atmosphere. I have experienced other faculties at other schools, and I know this school has a one-in-a- million work force.

Posted September 13, 2011
Eaglecrest is, for the most part, a very good school. I've had children in every grade k-6 at this point and have had,a mostly positive experience. There are a few teachers that really need to choose other options, but there are also some fantastic teachers. 3rd grade is where they struggle most with good teachers so just be aware and check with other parents as to who they suggest. You may just need to be way more involved that year.

Posted August 15, 2009
I taught at this school for 8 years and can honestly say I have never worked in a better environment. The teachers I worked with are VERY dedicated to their students and dedicate many unpaid hours to be the best they can be through furthering their own education, collaborating with other teachers, and really trying to get to know their students on a more personal level. Most parents I have talked with over the years are VERY pleased with the environment of the school and the education their children received. I have worked in other schools and for other districts, and have never seen the amazing environment I saw at Eaglecrest. Alpine District strives to stay on top of the latest and best in education and it shows in the students of Eaglecrest for sure!

Posted June 17, 2006
My daughter attended Kindergarten there and loved it. I was very impressed and pleased with the program at the school and my daughter did really well and felt a bond with her teacher. I feel that there was a lot of parent involvement and that a lot of the success of this school comes from the great companionship of teacher, student, parents, and the PTA. Great school and I'm sad that we will be transferred to a new one this next year but I have a feeling that a lot of good things will still happen.

Posted September 12, 2005
Crowded school - but this is normal for Utah. Principal and teachers were great. My daughter attended for 3-6th grades and had a very good experience. Students come from very good neighborhoods, but if you are not LDS, beware of the lack of diversity.

Posted November 29, 2004
Eaglecrest Elementary is a productive school that strives on building self esteem. The pricipal Mr. Bushman is fair, kind, and very education achievment oriented. My children have had their favorite teachers there, however, I also have not encountered a teacher yet that is not worthy of teaching. A hint for parents of older grades, if you really want your children to learn self respect, good study habits, math, science and truly be prepared for Jr. High look for the 6th grade teacher Mr. Christopherson. My daughter is sailing through 7th grade this year and she attributes her ease if transfer from grade school to Jr. High to Mr. Christopherson. In addition to the scholastics this school also offers choir, refelctions, and has a great PTA that really supports the teachers and school. I like the fact that the teachers and staff realize that as parents we know and children best.

Eaglecrest School
2760 North 300 West, Lehi, UT  84043
Last modified Eaglecrest School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eaglecrest School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top