1,012 students|Alpine District

Bad
Good

This school is amazing! In 19 years they have only had two principals and many of the who've left Eaglecrest is because of out of state employment, or to stay home with children. A very low rate of turnover, which says a lot about this school and it's community involvement. We have had amazing teachers. The librarian is incredible and has implemented the program Battle of the Books. I highly recommend it. Rock-stellar PTA and programs!

We moved to Eaglecrest 2.5 years ago with a second grader and kgtnr. We had experienced being in couple of other schools in the midwest before moving to UT. At first, we only found deficiencies by comparison, but over time, we have found a lot to appreciate. At first the principal, Rex Becker, seemed gruff and a little remote. But, when I went to his office to discuss concerns particular to my son's needs, I was impressed with the way Mr. Becker heard AND understood my concerns, and made accommodations right away. As with any school, the teachers range from being superstars to being excellent to just being average. So your classroom experience may depend on who you get. There is a formal "teacher-request" process in place, which helps. The only grade I've heard multiple complaints about is 6th, where all the teachers have agreed that any kids with ANY missing assignments will not be allowed out to recess or on field trips--counterproductive at best. Also, I really wish that students could get the full variety of Specials each week (art, PE, computers, etc), instead of having 6 straight weeks of PE every day, and then none the rest of the year. Lastly, Battle of the Books is great!

Eaglecrest is an amazing school with great support from teachers, the principal, the pta and the librarian. I've had my two youngest children attend there and have been very pleased with their curriculum and how they all care about each child as an individual. It's a crowded school but to be expected in this end of the growing Utah county. However, despite growing numbers and budget cuts, they manage to make it all work. I've been involved with different programs throughout the years and have been so impressed with the professionalism of the staff and their support of educating our children. They've incorporated a new reading program called battle of the books and I've had teachers tell me their reading scores are up because of the focus on reading great material. The Pta always involves the community and there is just an all around good feel to the school. You will not be disappointed by sending your children there.

I have taught at Eaglecrest for 13 years. I have been a computer specialist, an art specialist and a 5th grade teacher. I have found the atmosphere of this school to be one of kind. The faculty and staff treat each other with respect and kindness. Mr. Becker has been the principal for the past 7 years and has fostered a family like feeling at the school. We truley love our students. Many teachers spend countless hours pondering ways to better each individual child. At the end of every school year I have felt successful and fulfilled. I know that the majority of our parents and students love our school and wouldn't want to go anywhere else. Despite the large population we have a "small town- family" atmosphere. I have experienced other faculties at other schools, and I know this school has a one-in-a- million work force.

Eaglecrest is, for the most part, a very good school. I've had children in every grade k-6 at this point and have had,a mostly positive experience. There are a few teachers that really need to choose other options, but there are also some fantastic teachers. 3rd grade is where they struggle most with good teachers so just be aware and check with other parents as to who they suggest. You may just need to be way more involved that year.

I taught at this school for 8 years and can honestly say I have never worked in a better environment. The teachers I worked with are VERY dedicated to their students and dedicate many unpaid hours to be the best they can be through furthering their own education, collaborating with other teachers, and really trying to get to know their students on a more personal level. Most parents I have talked with over the years are VERY pleased with the environment of the school and the education their children received. I have worked in other schools and for other districts, and have never seen the amazing environment I saw at Eaglecrest. Alpine District strives to stay on top of the latest and best in education and it shows in the students of Eaglecrest for sure!

Last modified Eaglecrest School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.