Lehi, UT
Students enrolled: 1,088

Posted April 21, 2014
I am really impressed with the staff at Snow Springs. The principal is awesome! She communicates wonderfully with the parents. We have 3 students that go here.

Posted January 25, 2014
I haven't been super impressed with this school. The teachers aren't as aware of individual needs of the students as I would expect. They just do what they are used to without paying attention to if the students are actually learning anything or not. I feel like they don't care as much about the student as about the rules. They have a LOT of problems at this school with kids wetting themselves because they aren't allowed to use the restroom when needed. Not just in one grade either, but multiple. The principal is all about numbers, rules, and about how she looks rather than about what is best for the student. If we didn't HAVE to go to this school we would absolutely go elsewhere. The ratings on the schools testings are horrible for a reason. Snow Springs needs a serious revamp in teaching methods and needs a new principal who actually cares about the well being of the students.

Posted January 02, 2010
We have been at Snow Springs for 2 years now and feel it is a good elementary school as far as those in Utah go. The Principal is kind and involved, he is quick to return phone calls and it very concerned with the children's safety. We have loved our teachers both years and hear the same from other parents. The extra Alpine School District Staff seem willing to work with the parents and kids. The PTA is great! My son came into his class after a week of school starting and we have so much parent help that the teacher has to 'try to fit me it' I think thats fantastic!

Posted September 28, 2008

Posted November 11, 2007
The teachers are generally good and do their best with the overcrowded classrooms. But the principal does not communicate well with the parents and does not seem interested in the individual children. I am also concerned about safety issues around pick up and drop off times.

Snow Springs School 4

Posted August 27, 2007
Great School. Our Daughter went their for Kindergarden and her Teacher was just excellent.

Posted July 09, 2007
I have found Snow Springs Elementary School to be disappointing. They have some safety issues with children coming to and from school. There are not enough crossing guards during this time. I watched everyday as children ran through the parking lot,in between cars, running across the street with no adult supervision. I was disappointed in the communication with teachers and parents, we received little information about what they were learning each week in class. My children were given candy regularly as a reward in doing well in class work or in helping out after school . We rarely had homework at night and my kids were ultimately bored.The staff seemed friendly but the overall experience was mediocre. We are switching to a better suited school.

Posted March 27, 2007
This is a fantastic school. The principle is wonderful, caring and loves these children. He is also very supportive of his staff and the PTA. The teachers are excellent and are always available to discuss with parents any concerns they may have. There are numerous school and PTA sponsored activities that promote going above and beyond the normal academic programs. The school as also implemented recently a reading program to help children who are slightly below grade level on but who are not enough below to qualify for Resource or Reading Recovery. This program is completely ran by volunteers and overseen by the reading recovery teacher. It is fabulous! The is really a terrific school!

Posted August 02, 2005
I have been very impressed with this school and my childs teacher. I have found that the teachers are honestly concerned about the children. And are willing to take extra time for those that need it. Whether that be the child or a concerned parent. But I have also found through talking to other parents, that you really have to care about you own children's education in order to stay up to date with what is going on. The teachers do what they can, but they can only do so much. And if you don't do your part then your child will miss out on some things. Also that the principal is concerned about the welfare of the students attending his school. I have even seen him outside with the children to help supervise what is going on. I believe thought that the school staff do need some more parent involvement.

Posted June 25, 2005
I check my child's backpack every day, and have had sufficient notice of the school's schedule, including changes. I appreciated the teacher's informative newsletter, and we enjoyed her webpage containing the same info as well as links to games reinforcing what the children were learning. The teachers and staff really care. This is a great school to send our children to!

Snow Springs School
850 South 1700 West, Lehi, UT  84043
Last modified Snow Springs School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Snow Springs School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top