1,205 students|Alpine District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are required to do as the principal asks and she is more worried about how she looks than how anyone does.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Our kindergartener and first grader had more than an hour of homework every day and it was just busy work. What a joke.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

We had more bullying at this school than any we have been to. When the kids complained to a teacher the teacher didn't even attempt to stop it. The teacher told the 1st traders just to ask again to the 4th grader who had forcefully taken their ball at recess.

The administration is only there to make their numbers look better not actually help the students learn anything. We had teachers keep our 1st grader from using the restroom MORE THAN ONCE because they had a rule the kids could only use a restroom pass a few times A WEEK. This is a kid who had never had an accident in his life. He had not only his main teacher tell him no but also the computer teacher which caused him to have multiple accidents that year. He now is scared to talk to authority and voice his opinion. We only had one good teacher there the whole time we went there.

I am really impressed with the staff at Snow Springs. The principal is awesome! She communicates wonderfully with the parents. We have 3 students that go here.

I haven't been super impressed with this school. The teachers aren't as aware of individual needs of the students as I would expect. They just do what they are used to without paying attention to if the students are actually learning anything or not. I feel like they don't care as much about the student as about the rules. They have a LOT of problems at this school with kids wetting themselves because they aren't allowed to use the restroom when needed. Not just in one grade either, but multiple. The principal is all about numbers, rules, and about how she looks rather than about what is best for the student. If we didn't HAVE to go to this school we would absolutely go elsewhere. The ratings on the schools testings are horrible for a reason. Snow Springs needs a serious revamp in teaching methods and needs a new principal who actually cares about the well being of the students.

We have been at Snow Springs for 2 years now and feel it is a good elementary school as far as those in Utah go. The Principal is kind and involved, he is quick to return phone calls and it very concerned with the children's safety. We have loved our teachers both years and hear the same from other parents. The extra Alpine School District Staff seem willing to work with the parents and kids. The PTA is great! My son came into his class after a week of school starting and we have so much parent help that the teacher has to 'try to fit me it' I think thats fantastic!

The teachers are generally good and do their best with the overcrowded classrooms. But the principal does not communicate well with the parents and does not seem interested in the individual children. I am also concerned about safety issues around pick up and drop off times.

Great School. Our Daughter went their for Kindergarden and her Teacher was just excellent.

I have found Snow Springs Elementary School to be disappointing. They have some safety issues with children coming to and from school. There are not enough crossing guards during this time. I watched everyday as children ran through the parking lot,in between cars, running across the street with no adult supervision. I was disappointed in the communication with teachers and parents, we received little information about what they were learning each week in class. My children were given candy regularly as a reward in doing well in class work or in helping out after school . We rarely had homework at night and my kids were ultimately bored.The staff seemed friendly but the overall experience was mediocre. We are switching to a better suited school.

Last modified Snow Springs School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.