Logan, UT

Posted August 17, 2011
Hillcrest is an excellent school. I also had a child in the same classroom as the reviewer that gave Hillcrest 1 star. I was not happy with the situation either and wish the said teacher had been dismissed earlier. But I feel it very unfair to judge the whole school based on this one teacher. Every other teacher at Hillcrest is wonderful. The principal could only do what he legally can do. He had to gather as much documented evidence as he could to prove that their was a reason the said teacher should not be teaching. Hillcrest has wonderful extracurricular activities and fun parent/kid nights. We are always informed with notes and phone calls of important events and changes. I personally drive my kids across town to continue to attend Hillcrest after we moved to the other side of Logan. They love it there and are learning so much!

Hillcrest School 1

Posted November 02, 2010
I hardly ever write reviews but I feel it is my responsibility to inform perspective families about the negative experience my child had while he attended this school. We moved here from out of state but the academics were at least a grade and a half behind my son's previous school . The classroom behavior was ridiculous. The teacher refused to work with me and then resigned. The rest of the year was taught by subs and then a new teacher who also could not keep control in the classroom. Though the Principal is very willing to meet, he did not have a solution and said they were doing all they could. There was close to no supervision at recess . My child had never heard curse words in his previous school, but he heard them all here. We are grateful that we moved and found a better school.

Hillcrest School 2

Posted December 10, 2009

Posted December 02, 2008

Posted April 17, 2008
We love Hillcrest and are sad to be leaving it. The teachers really seem to care about the students and welcome parental involvment. The classroom seems like a fast paced, yet [r]elaxing environment with so much learning going on. They really seem to help those who need the extra help, but also those who are more advanced.

Posted November 17, 2004
We are thrilled with hillcrest and sad to possibly be leaving the area. My daughter loves going to school. She has had wonderful teachers who care about her. Mrs. Abbott is the kind of teacher that deserves to be paid ten times what she is getting.

Posted September 10, 2004
Hillcrest is an excellent elementary school who has a high standard and lots of help for those that need it. Their program helps kids stay at the higher end of average for their grade. The teachers and staff are execellent and are highly committed to learning. There is lots of help from university students since the school is close to a university. Hillcrest is known as the very best school in the district both in test scores and quality of instruction.

Hillcrest School
960 North 1400 East, Logan, UT  84321
Last modified Hillcrest School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillcrest School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top