Bad
Good

Develops character: Agree

Hillcrest instills in the students personal responsibility and treating everyone as equals. They promote a yes you can attitude.

We love Hillcrest. Both of our children have attended this school and both of them have scored very high on all their testing. We feel, and have been shown, that due to this school our children were more advanced and prepared for further education as compared to kids from different schools. The teachers have always shown an interest in our kids and care for them. The best teachers in our kids opinion were at Hillcrest. I would've given 5 stars except they do need more supervision at recess time.

Hillcrest is an excellent school. I also had a child in the same classroom as the reviewer that gave Hillcrest 1 star. I was not happy with the situation either and wish the said teacher had been dismissed earlier. But I feel it very unfair to judge the whole school based on this one teacher. Every other teacher at Hillcrest is wonderful. The principal could only do what he legally can do. He had to gather as much documented evidence as he could to prove that their was a reason the said teacher should not be teaching. Hillcrest has wonderful extracurricular activities and fun parent/kid nights. We are always informed with notes and phone calls of important events and changes. I personally drive my kids across town to continue to attend Hillcrest after we moved to the other side of Logan. They love it there and are learning so much!

I hardly ever write reviews but I feel it is my responsibility to inform perspective families about the negative experience my child had while he attended this school. We moved here from out of state but the academics were at least a grade and a half behind my son's previous school . The classroom behavior was ridiculous. The teacher refused to work with me and then resigned. The rest of the year was taught by subs and then a new teacher who also could not keep control in the classroom. Though the Principal is very willing to meet, he did not have a solution and said they were doing all they could. There was close to no supervision at recess . My child had never heard curse words in his previous school, but he heard them all here. We are grateful that we moved and found a better school.

We love Hillcrest and are sad to be leaving it. The teachers really seem to care about the students and welcome parental involvment. The classroom seems like a fast paced, yet [r]elaxing environment with so much learning going on. They really seem to help those who need the extra help, but also those who are more advanced.

Last modified Hillcrest School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.