Posted November 20, 2013
We moved to Logan 3 years ago and have been very impressed with Woodruff Elementary. The ratio of teachers to students is excellent and the administration is very involved and proactive.

Posted June 03, 2010
We moved to the area late in the school year and I was skeptical about sending our son to Kindergarten at Woodruff. However, the school has far exceeded our expectations. The kids are so loving, my son said his teacher keeps his attention and I loved that they noticed he was a head and worked more with him on the areas he could go further in academically instead of leaving him behind. The principal was very warm as well as the staff and I supported the school PTA. Next year I know I will be volunteering too. I was thinking of putting our children in the Thomas Edison school originally, however, they were not warm, the learning environment did not look fun and I found out test scores are highest at Woodruff. No brainer to attend and support Woodruff.

Posted May 23, 2007
I think this school is absolutely wonderful. There is a problem with parent involvement those who do volunteer seem to volunteer for everything. Parents are always welcome in the school and the school encourages parent involvement.

Woodruff School 4

Posted February 22, 2006
I believe that the experience at ones school has a lot to do with the teacher. I personnally have had great experiences with my childrens teachers. This is not to say that they may all be of this quality. I believe the parent involvment is good at Woodruff. I also may not be the one to give an opinion on that topic, because I may not know to what extent many are involved. I do know that their seems to be a select few that run a lot of things-- but I chose to get involved in other ways such as time in the classroom.

Posted February 10, 2006
Mr Guyman is a fabulous principal! I have seen many improvements since the beginning of the year. He is very supportive of his teachers and is always willing to listen to parents. I have felt like he truly cares about every one of the kids that attend Woodruff. As for the comment made about parental involvement, I feel that there is little time devoted to this. Parents do not get involved. These are our children, it shouldn't matter how you feel about the administration. Your children should take presidence over that. Parents need to be involved in thier childrens education!

Woodruff School 1

Posted January 02, 2006
The Principal at Woodruff should have stuck with teaching. It's his way or NO WAY. He needs more training to be taking on such a huge responsibitlity. The parent Teacher Association at the school is non-existant. Nobody wants to volunteer or support the current Leadership. The parents just think it's pathetic. So nobody volunteers and there is a total lack of support from parents. The PTA has NO support at this school, until we can get some good leadership in there.

Woodruff School 4

Posted December 06, 2005
Woodruff has been honored with the distinguished Title 1 school of the year for its success in working with its diverse student body to increase test schools for three years running. Woodruff also has a great aftershool program and orchestra program.

Woodruff School 1

Posted February 05, 2005
There are some good teachers at Woodruff, but the problem is the leadership. Woodruff also has alot of mean children that prevented our kids from learning. If you can avoid this school, do it.

Woodruff School
950 West 600 South, Logan, UT  84321
Last modified Woodruff School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodruff School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.