Lake Ridge School 5

Posted September 05, 2008
My three girls go to Lake Ridge, at the beginning I did not like the fact that ther is no AC, it's hard to imagine somebody trying to learn in a 80 degrees heat but those teachers had change my girls to a better students, my youngest had a problem last year and as soon I spoke to her teacher they took care of it , they really care about their students and at the end that is what really matters. Mrs. Dowler 5th grade, Mrs. Cheever 1st. They are amazing.

Lake Ridge School 0

Posted August 09, 2008
This school got a new principal when my son was in first grade, he i now going in fourth grade, He is a good student, but the principal just seems to go to work just to 'Do his Job' Nothing above or beyond. Sometimes it feels like he doesn't want to be there. I feel the kids lack a lot at this school. I wish it could be better.

Lake Ridge School 5

Posted May 25, 2004
All three of my children are attending/or have attended Lake Ridge Elementary. My oldest son transfered from another Magna school to Lake Ridge. In this other school in first grade he was really struggling with reading. His second grade teacher took him from a below grade reading level to reading above his grade level. Many other changes have taken place. Candace Hinman was appointed to be principal four years ago. She has brought new teaching ideas, more technology, and cosmetic upgrades to our school. For example, blindes instead of drapes, new floors, new desks, new chairs, new computer lab and two new state/federal grants. Mrs. Hinman has raised the bar on teaching. The reading grant has encouraged many teachers to go back to school to learn the new ways in which students receive and retain information. The teaching standard is very high at Lake Ridge.

Lake Ridge School 2

Posted February 13, 2004
Lake Ridge elementary has suffered under the 'guidance' of principal Hinman. Nothing was done to stop the bullying that was happening during recess. I had to personally take matters into my own hands. After I reported more than one instance with my own son and bullies I had to personally meet with this childs family outside of school time. The teachers at Lake Ridge have been supportive of my oldest son who is in resource. The resource teacher cares about and shows a lot of love for her students. I have gotten to know some of the teachers and they feel as though principle Hinman is impeading their abilities as a teacher. As one teacher told me she makes it 'almost impossible to do my job'. I feel that a teacher who is not happy with their jobs will not put forth their best efforts with their students.

Lake Ridge School
7400 West 3400 South, Magna, UT  84044
Last modified Lake Ridge School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Ridge School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top