Public charter
Marriott-Slaterville City, UT

Posted July 23, 2015
I love Venture! When I signed my children up for Venture I was told everything that would be expected of us (parents). Such as the volunteer hours that each family needs to do as well as the parents driving for fieldwork. Not only do I love the smaller class sizes, but I feel as if the students get the attention that they need to be able to learn and ask questions. I love that my children not only learn but are able to go out and experience the things that they have learned. For example my daughter learned about Moab, UT. Then the students were able to go and experience what they had learned. Such as river rafting, rock climbing, hiking, swimming and at the end of each day they would talk about the activities they had done and what everyone like the most. These are wonderful experiences that a lot children will never be able to experience. As far as volunteering I think it's wonderful to have as many parents getting involved in the learning of our children even if it's volunteering in the library to going on fieldwork and experiencing the thing they learn. I also like how they have gone and help clean up an area of the Ogden river and Fort Buenaventura. So if your parent that wants to be involved in your child(ren) learning this is an amazing school that we as parents get to be apart of!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 23, 2015
I feel that the homework at this school is the same as any other school.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 23, 2015
I do feel that the school teaches determination by not only teaching but allowing our children to experience what they have learned.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 23, 2015
When each child knows what is expected of them. They learn to develop respectful skills.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 23, 2015
The teachers at Venture have shown me that they are more than willing to go out of their way to help each child succeed.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 23, 2015
I feel that this school treats all the students the same. I also feel that they do help so and teach our children integrity.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 23, 2015
I feel that the teachers, not only at the elementary, but at the high school are very effective. All of the teachers my family and I have dealt with have all ways been available to help in anyway that they can. Even if it means taking time out of their morning and evenings

Venture Academy 1

Posted January 20, 2015
My children have attended several schools because we are a military family. This is the worst school they have ever attended. After 6 months at this school, I removed my children and transferred them to another school. There are some good teachers, but the administrative staff are disorganized and not helpful. This school requires a lot of parental involvement and volunteer work just to function. They cannot hold field trips without parents driving. They cannot staff the lunchroom or library, without parents volunteering. When you volunteer it is often chaotic and not well organized.

Posted September 03, 2013
I had not heard of a "School of expeditionary Learning", until last year. I wish I knew about this type of learning when my Daughter was in First Grade. She is now in the Ninth Grade, and after one year in this style of learning, she has gone from just average test scores to perfect test scores. She loves to go to school. There are less that 25 Students per class. It's more about hands on learning, than just read, take notes, write reports, take a test. I could go on & on at how great this School is, but go look for yourself and you decide. I bet you put your Child on the waiting list to get in.

Posted June 10, 2013
We were fortunate to get our child into this school after concluding that the local schools were not an option for the needs at hand. Through Early Intervention through the school district, they did a fantastic job of teaching both us and our child skills that has improved all of us. However, were told at age 4 that our child would never be fully integrated into regular classes, that there would always be the need for "Special Ed." I feel that if we had stayed with the standard public education, that's exactly where he would be today. Years later our child has no special needs and is near top of the class in both reading and math. I contribute this success to the Expeditionary Learning style as well as caring teachers and staff who are led by one of the greatest directors. Proof is while many charter schools are begging for enrollment, Venture has parents waiting for years to enroll their children.

495 N 1500 W, Marriott-Slaterville City, UT  84404
Last modified Venture Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Venture Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top