Posted September 20, 2013
I think the supervision at this school is appalling! My granddaughter broke her arm just this past April on playground equipment. How? Lack of supervision. I was just informed that her younger brother, my kindergarten aged grandson just had his arm broken on the same playground, after a child fell on him. Now tell me, what was the other child doing to have fallen this hard on a younger child to have caused a fracture? It had to have been a hard fall or one that was with a great amount of force and impact. I'd suspect lack of supervision in this case as well. The school refused to pay for the medical bills for my granddaughter's injury, citing that my son and dau.-in-law had insurance. What a joke! Talk about irresponsibility! Now, the parents don't have insurance for my grandson, are in between insurance provider's coverage. Let's see what they offer this time! More than insurance, is the pain and suffering that these kids (went) and are going through all because they were not being fully supervised on that playground. Either take the playground equipment out, get more supervision, or hopefully face the legal wrath needed to countermand such irresponsibility! Concerned grandparent

Posted November 08, 2011
My daughter went to this school last year and it was joke. The teacher was involved more than other but the ciriculumn was ridiculous. On her spelling test, she got it right if spelled the word how it sounded. She got extra credit if it was spelled correctly! That's not ok. Also, I have never been more scared putting my daughter on the school bus then I have when she was attending there. She came home one day in tears with a loose tooth because some kid knocked her head into the window. And I am currently seeking legal action. It is sad, because I went to this school as a kid and was proud to send my daughter to her first day at the same school I went to. It's nothing more than one big joke. PARENT'S BEWARE!!!

Posted February 20, 2011
I have loved the education my students have received at East Midvale Elementary. They are a Title One school that works extremely hard to meet the needs of all students---those who are behind and those who need advanced work. There are many ways they strive to have parents involved. They encourage parents to use the school every Wednesday night. The library, computer lab and classrooms are open for students and parents to use the resources or get help. They also teach weekly parenting workshops. I am so glad my children attend such a GREAT school. Once you go to East Midvale you will not want to go anywhere else.

Posted September 27, 2010
This school has improved so much over the last couple of years. I have seen first hand how much my son has improved socially with this school, and they help him excel academically. Each student works with computers daily, as well as the arts and physical activity. This school was just awarded the Partnership Award for excellence from John's Hopkins Univeristy. I am proud to say that this school has met the needs of my family. I highly suggest that you register your children at this school as they will certainly learn many new things and grow for their future!

Posted October 05, 2009
The office staff is nice, but that is where it ends. The school work is below par, the school is lax and behind on helping students. There is no extra-curricular activites and very little parent involvement. I would definatly not suggest enrolling your student in this school.

Posted April 12, 2005
I have had all 4 of my children in this school during the past 5 years at different times. My experience with this school has been that the teachers and other staff are wonderful, helpful and easy to work with. The class sizes are small, there is a boys & girls club on site for working parents, and the school population is very diverse. Overall it has been a good experience for me and my children at East Midvale.

East Midvale School