Posted January 09, 2012
My 12 year old son attends this school. I have not notice a difference in the APLS students and the "boundary" kids (like stated in other comments). My son feels very safe at this school and enjoys the students and teachers. One time there was an incident in a class with my son and I was contacted personally by the teacher not the front office or an assistant. I believe the teachers hold very high standards for the students acheiving the test scores that they do. I dont think the test scores are supported by the ALPS Program. I feel the comments about the APLS Kids being stuck up come a lot from the parents teaching their kids that they are better.

Midvale Middle School 3

Posted December 20, 2011
I attended this school a few years ago and while I liked the teachers, I felt that there was too much of a focus on the ALPS program. I am not saying that I do not like the idea of the ALPS program, I am just saying that their is a clear divide between the ALPS and zone kids. The ALPS kids were somewhat stuck up and many acted like we were scum beneath their feet. Sadly, the school did little to remedy this and in many cases seemed to encourage the superiority complex. I have now graduated with honors and have recieved three scholarships while some of those kids did not even graduate.

Midvale Middle School 1

Posted February 28, 2011
DO NOT BELIEVE ANY POSITIVE RATINGS ABOUT THIS SCHOOL. IT IS FULL OF UNDERACHIEVERS. THE WORST SCHOOL MY (STRAIGHT A )CHILDEREN HAVE EVER ATTENDED. THEY WERE ENROLLED IN ALL HONORS COURSES,....WHAT A JOKE. AVOID THIS SCHOOL AT ALL COSTS.

Posted February 23, 2011
Excellent ALPS teachers. Love the small student body in a big, empty facility, but the students are completely divided: ALPS and boundary kids. I believe the test scores are skewed because of it. If your kids are in ALPS, you can expect much higher scores. My 2 daughters loved the ALPS classes, but PE, CTE, and time in the halls was rough.

Posted August 02, 2010
I am a student at Midvale Middle School. I love this school and its a shame that im going to have to leave everything after this year. I love all the teachers and everyone else who works there(:

Midvale Middle School 2

Posted June 02, 2010
In our opinion the ALPS program is great. The ALPS students are great kids and developed wonderful relationships with each another. Principle Logan is very professional, helpful, caring, We found that the Utah Studies teacher showed regional preferences and conveyed these attitudes toward the students. Considering the disproportionate number of students that are not originally from Utah this seemed to not be beneficial and takes away from the ALPS program. Unfortunately the ALPS program involved only 2 of 7 classes. The general population of Midvale Middle School does have some serious behavior and discipline problems. The bullying that took place between classes, after school, and in the 5 classes not in the ALPS program became so unbearable and caused so much distraction that we had to move our daughter to a different school in the district.

Posted November 16, 2009

Posted October 21, 2009
I am a student at this school. The teachers are great, most of them, and I love the principal!

Posted October 09, 2009

Posted September 13, 2009
I love it at midvale! I love my friends and i guess it all depends on the classes you take. I recomend taking challenging classes.

Midvale Middle School