Midvale, UT
After care: No

Posted August 06, 2013
My kids love this school! I'm impressed with the faculty's drive to go above and beyond to help my little ones improve regardless of their abilities--I see that in the classroom when I'm there too. As a former educator, I've seen lots of teachers in action and what I like here is that each student is challenged to improve in schoolwork and behavior and it seems they secure neat-o programs to boost smaller group time.

Posted August 06, 2013
Our family has enjoyed a mix of competent and dedicated teachers, diverse families, an amazing PTA and admin., and we love the growth in our kiddos. Glad to be here and we stayed even though our official school boundaries just switched!

Posted August 06, 2013
I moved my children to Midvalley after the boundary shift this year and we LOVE it! Great community involvement and teachers.

Posted March 02, 2013
Outdated reviews, begone. BULLYING-On a daily basis the new administration, teachers, and PTA seem committed to a positive learning environment, free from bullying behaviors I've read about. The district also reports the incidences of discipline referrals are way down. ENVIRONMENT/BUILDING-Every year my students come home excited to share the new technology and school upgrades and the bldg. has cooling units now too. When is a bond going to kick in for a rebuild though, the place is OLD? TEST SCORES-Although having Title I $ would be amazing for the kids, this community doesn't qualify. They seem to pinch every penny to make sure funds are used wisely. "Most bang for their buck" approach. Test scores are up and close to district goals. New, rigorous, district materials in math and reading should help too. IMO, schools with slightly lower scores seem more motivated to improve anyway...not always such a bad thing. PARENT INVOLVEMENT-The PTA is super involved. Those moms are there almost every day all day. Compared to other school we've been at, this PTA seems to rally around the idea that "more is more".

Posted March 02, 2013
I have kids aged 24-3. 5 out of the 6 have attended or are attending the school and I have never had any concerns. We have a very active PTA that is always striving to improve things for our students. We have a new principal, I believe this is his 3rd year, that the kids love. He is very active in promoting a non-bullying program and to have the kids see their inner value and how they can make a difference. The curriculum has changed also in the past 2 years with the new district implemented guidelines. It is outlined at the beginning of the school year. I also know that I can go to the school or call and talk with any of the teachers if I feel there is a problem. As for the appearance, please remember the school is over 50 yrs old. They installed new evaporative coolers this year which is a huge improvement. They have also worked on other cosmetic issues that are within their means.

Midvalley School 2

Posted December 20, 2011
I attended this school several year ago for 4-6th grade. My family moved a lot as was a requisite for my fathers work and it was surely one of the worst schools I have ever attended. The neighborhood surrounding the school is very run down and their was a huge bullying problem at the school. According to other reviews, there still is. The principal then did not do anything about it either and even when teachers witnessed bullying they did not do anything about it unless someone went to the hospital. A few years ago my husband and I were looking for houses and there was a very reasonably priced one that had just been remodeled not too far from the school. We seriously looked at it but when I realized that it was in this schools boundaries, we passed- especially after seeing that many of the same teachers are still there. We ended up buying a home in west Jordan, which was more expensive but well worth the cost as my daughter is in a far better school.

Midvalley School 1

Posted July 07, 2009
My child attended this school for a few years because it was our neighborhood school. After a few years we were completely fed up with the facilities, the principal, and some less-than-motivated teachers. We transferred to another school and the difference between the two has been night and day. Maybe things will improve with the district split, but that is doubtful. The school needs to be renovated, the classrooms need air conditioning, and the principal needs to work with the teachers and parents rather than attempting to be the monarch of the school. On a positive note, if you want your children to have an easy, slow time of it, this school would more than qualify.

Midvalley School 3

Posted March 08, 2008
My husband and four children have attended or currently attend Midvalley. The PTA and most teachers are very good especially with limited resources. I have been disappointed with the principal; she seems unwilling to take a firm stand on bullying behaviors. Several of my children have been the victims of bullying by other students, which is unacceptable.

Midvalley School 2

Posted January 23, 2007
- a administrator

Posted May 20, 2005
My children have attended Midvalley for three years, and my experience has been nothing but positive. The school has an active PTA and a 'hands on' pricipal. I have been pleased with the discipline/reward program, which is clearly spelled out so the children understand exactly what is expected of them. The school also has a wonderful reading incentive program. I was also asked to leave for a few moments during my childrens' kindergarten eval, so the teacher could establish emotional readiness for school and test without my 'hovering'.

Midvalley School