8-12|Private

Bad
Good

This school is the best thing that has happened to my son and for our family. It is a remarkable school. Very diverse, children from 30 countries. Amazing facilities, equestrian, music, fine arts, sports, robotics - something for every child. Because the size of the school is 250-300 students, it is a family. The teachers appreciate all different learning styles and they each have been trained in this educational approach. I would recommend this school (and do!) to every parent who wants their child to excel, be prepared to succeed in a global economy, and feel safe during the most tumultuous times of their lives.

My daughter has attended WA for three years. The staff, teachers and everyone at WA welcomed her. Each dorm (which is more like a house) has a dorm parent; each student is assigned an advisor; and the teachers have study halls each evening. The head of school, Joe Loftin, knows every student and parent by name. I doubt many other schools make that kind of effort. My daughter now has a 'family' away from home and I know I can email these people to see how she is doing or ask a question about her progress. There have been a few problems with drugs since my daughter has been at WA but I think that is the case with any school. The new dean, Lisa Morgan, is doing an exceptional job cleaning up what was a lax policy on tobacco use and curfiew. She has an open-door policy which is nice because the only administrator that was accessible before her was the Head of School. Wasatch emphasizes growth on many levels - academic, social, athletic, and community. I would recommend this school to parents and students looking for rigorous academics and a supportive atmosphere.

I attended Wasatch beginning July of 2010. First couple weeks were fine, nothing too exciting. On the third week, however, I was confronted by a student who accused me of submitting a complaint of their substance use on school grounds (which I had no knowledge of). I was beaten by two students for nothing. After fixing myself up afterwards, I went to my "dorm parent" to tell him about what had happened. He said he would take care of it and that was not something the school tolerated. I waited until the session had ended and nothing was done about it. As school went on, I went through more and more physical assault by students and the continuation of "the school does not tolerate that" with nothing being done. Eventually, I was expelled from the school because a student decided to get back at me by telling the dean that I had been involved with substances, which I had not. I have now gone through therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder resulting from my total of less than eight months at this school, and have happily recovered. I simply wanted to share my experience with anyone considering this school as I do not want these experiences to happen to future students. Thanks.

They don't offer a "one size fits all" education. I have never met a more caring staff.

Wasatch Academy is a superb educational institution as well as a wonderful environment for children's emotional and intellectual development. I have two children who attend this school. Last year was their first year. They loved it and I felt the level of education and attention to personal development is light years ahead of what they were receiving in the public school system. The additional ammenities of a great equestrian program and also a snowboard team with their own hill certainly is part of the attraction. We are lucky they are able to attend.

Last modified Wasatch Academy is a Private school that serves grades 8-12