9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

La Europa was honestly the worst thing to happen to me. I went there wanting to get better and they honestly made my life terrible. All they care about is the money honestly. Any time you would struggle there they would treat you like you were five and put you in shut down which is a punishment where you sit in a school desk in a room with a staff member and you can't talk or move or anything. This lasts for a few days and honestly ruined me. I never graduated from the program but was there for 8 months. The onky good thing about it was leaving La Europa. Please do not ever send your child there.

La Europa offers a comprehensive therapeutic environment for teenage girls. Our daughter received great treatment from the therapists and staff at La Europa as well as a good educational program. The activities and social life at La Europa were quite good too.

La Europa offers a caring, individualized environment to meet the needs of students just beginning high school and about to graduate. The staff did a great job navigating college applications and high school credit completion at the end of my daughter's senior year, resulting in acceptance to the college of her choice.

La Europa made a dramatic difference in the life of my child and the lives of our family . Its hard work for sure and requires a full commitment but after one year I am confident we are on a great path - Not perfection but a path to a happy fulfilling life for our child and the rest of us . There is a huge difference in my child I would do it all over again - the staff commitment and talents are truly unsurpassed its not a quick fix but if you trust the people and stay the course for the full program - what an impact

Our daughter is a recent grad of LEA. The person she is now vs. a year ago and the people we are now vs. a year ago is nothing short of miraculous. I shudder to think of what would have happened to her if she hadn't gone to LEA. It's not an easy ride, nor a straight one. Don't expect LEA to "fix" your child. It requires a lot of work from all the parties involved. LEA provided the enormous support she needed to move past the issues that plagued her. They also provided an avenue to help make our family system healthier. No place is perfect, but we always found that the admin and staff were willing to rectify any warranted issues. At the end of the day the positives far outweighed any challenges that inevitably occur.

LEA was an amazing journey for our daughter and for our family. Our daughter arrived just before her 15th birthday as a child who was struggling with feeling worthy and suffered for great anxiety. She left about a year later with amazing motivation in life and learning. LEA helped her emotionally, gave her back her passion to learn - and helped her navigate peer issues - an amazing program - as parents we were very much included in the growth process and learned so much about how to be a better communicator and listener - thank you LEA for giving us our daughter back !!!

The education program was very beneficial. The education director helped my apply to over 25 colleges nationwide. The history and government professor has a way of making his classes beyond fun and interesting rather than making the memorization of dates and facts boring! The time I was attended there was some slight turn-over within the school however the new teachers met the expectations of the previous ones. The therapy program was beneficial, I personally benefited from art therapy, and individual therapy most, however there are lots of groups, as well as recreation and music therapy offered. The residential side could always use some improvement but since my departure it seems as though a lot of progress is being made.. There is a lot of turn-over within the staff and not each one is pleasant or positive. That being said learning to deal with those people helped me know how to deal with un-pleasant people on a day to day basis out in the real world. Overall I benefited from La Europa and would do it all over again to end up in the place I am now. I'm a student studying psychology and social work in order to help adolescent girls as I was helped at LEA.

La Europa Academy saved my life. I am a former student (graduated about five months ago) and could not be more grateful that my parents sent me HERE for my residential treatment. Each therapist is absolutely amazing and works hard to make their clients sessions individualized and productive. In fact, the entire treatment team is amazing when it comes to working with the kids and family as well. Academically, I thrived in the environment that LEA provides (small class sizes, personable teachers, one-on-one help, etc...) It was a great fit for what I needed at the time. If your daughter needs help, look no further! This is an amazing place and I will never forget the experience I had or the life-long relationships I made with staff and peers. Your daughter deserves the best (even if she doesn't know it) and this is it! :)

I was at LEA in 2012 and graduated in 7 months and 3 weeks. Of course no one wants to be away from home receiving super in depth therapy when they're feeling terrible. When you're feeling terrible you don't want to do anything. I'd say for an RTC it was pretty good but only if you gained trust of staff. We got to go on hikes, to the movies, out to dinner, community service. Obviously you weren't allowed to participate in these activities if you were still acting out in negative behaviors but it's just more incentive to do well. I loved most of the staff. I only had a problem with one being pretty nasty to me. But the rest were fantastic and it was nice to have someone to talk with whenever I needed it. My therapists were fine and the therapy was REALLY intense but it's what I needed. The only thing I really didn't like at LEA was the school and academics. I literally learned nothing the whole time I was there and was held back when I got out. I had 2 good teachers while I was there the rest didn't teach at all. I'm doing well these days!

If someone said they did not like it here, it's only because they dd not utilize the tos and help available to them. I graduated from La Europa Academy almost a year ago and it has been life changing for the better. I had been on a downward slope for years and hot rock bottom, and refused any help when I got there. Yes, restrictions are tight at first. Students undergo close supervision, strip searches, and receive consequences for negative behavior, but it is to help, not hurt. Complaining of the bad instead of acknowledging the good is immature and is NOT a failure of the program. I recommend this place highly and I can honestly say it saved my life.

Last modified La Europa Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12