Posted September 20, 2014
LEA was an amazing journey for our daughter and for our family. Our daughter arrived just before her 15th birthday as a child who was struggling with feeling worthy and suffered for great anxiety. She left about a year later with amazing motivation in life and learning. LEA helped her emotionally, gave her back her passion to learn - and helped her navigate peer issues - an amazing program - as parents we were very much included in the growth process and learned so much about how to be a better communicator and listener - thank you LEA for giving us our daughter back !!!

Posted June 25, 2014
The education program was very beneficial. The education director helped my apply to over 25 colleges nationwide. The history and government professor has a way of making his classes beyond fun and interesting rather than making the memorization of dates and facts boring! The time I was attended there was some slight turn-over within the school however the new teachers met the expectations of the previous ones. The therapy program was beneficial, I personally benefited from art therapy, and individual therapy most, however there are lots of groups, as well as recreation and music therapy offered. The residential side could always use some improvement but since my departure it seems as though a lot of progress is being made.. There is a lot of turn-over within the staff and not each one is pleasant or positive. That being said learning to deal with those people helped me know how to deal with un-pleasant people on a day to day basis out in the real world. Overall I benefited from La Europa and would do it all over again to end up in the place I am now. I'm a student studying psychology and social work in order to help adolescent girls as I was helped at LEA.

Posted June 14, 2014
La Europa Academy saved my life. I am a former student (graduated about five months ago) and could not be more grateful that my parents sent me HERE for my residential treatment. Each therapist is absolutely amazing and works hard to make their clients sessions individualized and productive. In fact, the entire treatment team is amazing when it comes to working with the kids and family as well. Academically, I thrived in the environment that LEA provides (small class sizes, personable teachers, one-on-one help, etc...) It was a great fit for what I needed at the time. If your daughter needs help, look no further! This is an amazing place and I will never forget the experience I had or the life-long relationships I made with staff and peers. Your daughter deserves the best (even if she doesn't know it) and this is it! :)

Posted June 06, 2014
If someone said they did not like it here, it's only because they dd not utilize the tos and help available to them. I graduated from La Europa Academy almost a year ago and it has been life changing for the better. I had been on a downward slope for years and hot rock bottom, and refused any help when I got there. Yes, restrictions are tight at first. Students undergo close supervision, strip searches, and receive consequences for negative behavior, but it is to help, not hurt. Complaining of the bad instead of acknowledging the good is immature and is NOT a failure of the program. I recommend this place highly and I can honestly say it saved my life.

La Europa Academy 1

Posted May 14, 2014
I recently graduated this program, and i can honestly say it was the worst and hardest experience of my life. The staff don't let you be honest with your parents and the therapists take everything you say negative about la europa like you don't want to recover. i wanted to recover, and i am sober today. But that is because of ME not them. They did not do anything they told me they would do. I had a phone call before i came and asked them if i could wear my nose piercing, they said yes. They told me they had horses and that we'd play Tennis and have a lot of fun. Every day i wished i was somewhere else. I cried ALOT and the staff were never there to comfort me. DO NOT SEND YOUR DAUGHTER HERE!

Posted February 23, 2014
Our daughter had been troubled for years - none of the so-called therapy "experts" were able to make any headway with her. Finally, after multiple hospitalizations for suicidal ideation, we elected to place her in residential treatment and an educational consultant suggested at La Europa. 14 months later she graduated, a girl on the right track physically, emotionally and academically. One of the reasons it worked so well is that it takes a holistic approach to healing the family, not just the child; be ready to actively participate in the process if you want it to work.

Posted February 22, 2014
Our daughter just graduated from La Europa after 14 months and returned home. The change in her and our family has been tremendous. We are so grateful for the quality of care and support she and our family received. While at La Europa she not only received excellent therapeutic care, she and we found out what she was capable of academically. She entered La Europa behind in her credits for high school graduation and she came home ahead and with an impressive GPA. We were impressed with the amount of communication and involvement we had with the process. It was truly a family experience.

La Europa Academy 1

Posted February 19, 2014
My friends and I were enrolled at LEA for almost a year each. We were repeatedly stripped in front of multiple women for no reason. We were restricted from meals, privileges and rights such as being able to communicate with family or therapists. I personally was never allowed to see my siblings before I left and was unable to ever have an emotional conversation with my parents. We were required to shut our mouths and pretend to "Get better" in order to graduate the program. I now plan to sue the school and the staff members that were either physically or verbally abusive to me. If your child needs some where to go, send them to Anasazi Foundation in Arizona, that is a true example of healthy useful treatment.

Posted January 18, 2014
The teamwork between all facets of the program (residential, academic, and therapeutic) was exactly what was needed. They went beyond expectation to understand the unique issues with which our daughter struggled, to coordinate with non-LEA professionals at home and locally, and came together as a team to help her. The therapeutic and academic staff is exceptional. The therapist was the center of the process. We wanted to bring her home with us because her approach was supportive of the whole family unit and we ALL grew from the experience. Our daughter graduated from the program after 11 months with the best academic grades she has had in high school. Most importantly, she acquired emotional, living, and academic skills that leave us stunned at times, and so hopeful after years of difficulty and self-harm. She is emerging as a well-adjusted, happy young adult. The food improved markedly during our stay. Thank you to LEA for the hope, the love, the teamwork, and professionalism. We are forever grateful.

La Europa Academy 4

Posted January 18, 2014
Our daughter recently graduated from La Europa Academy after spending 9 months there. She had been out of school for 9 months prior to entering La Europa, and was suffering from anxiety, depression, ED, OCD, self-harm, co-dependency, and BPD. She is much better than she was 9 months ago, and our relationship with her is also much better. My daughter's therapist was terrific, although they could have handled the termination process better. Arts therapy is very strong. Staff are uneven. School is fairly easy, but they were flexible (e.g., allowed my daughter to take a calculus class at a nearby charter school). Food was not very good, but I think is improving. Overall, we would do it again.

La Europa Academy