Posted January 25, 2011
My third son is at Liberty and we have gone here since 2003 and LOVE IT! This is the smallest school in the district (which is also one of the smallest in the state) which makes for a tight knit faculty. We have all the benefits of a small town, while being nestled in the center of the great metropolis of Salt Lake City. Our new principal Mr. Dean is fantastic. The kids love him and he has a talent of reaching for the stars, while keeping his feet firmly planted, making sure the steps take place for dreams to happen. I look forward to my daughter attending in three years too!

Posted January 03, 2011
Enroll with confidence - this is a top notch school. Great teachers, great principal, great parent involvement. This is the type of school that has a sense of family. I have had two children enrolled here for four years now. Both children test beyond their grade level and are challenged to go beyond their skill levels. Wonderful diversity with exposure to music and arts as well as education. Have compared this to other schools in the district and find it favorable in many areas. This school also ranks higher in test scores than other schools in the district.

Posted April 30, 2009
Like most schools, Liberty has some excellent teachers and others who appear to be there only to collect a paycheck. But perhaps one of the largest problems lies within the administrative office, where some staff members choose to spend their time gossiping about students and parents rather than dedicating their working hours to providing a quality educational experience for the kids. I am also disturbed by the lack of enrichment activities that they provide for the children. My kids have never once had the opportunity to put on a class program, either during or after school hours. Unfortunately, the majority of the teachers do only the bare minimum to get by. The one saving grace has been the gifted and talented program, which we just found out will be eliminated next year due to budget cuts.

Posted May 29, 2007
My son is in 1 on 3 third grade class. He has only learned the most basic outline of 3rd grade. They teach only as fast as the slowest person in class. Any mid to higher learners are bored and have nothing constuctive to do while they wait for the next assignments. They have troubles with bullying and do not have rules, consequences, or staff to help stop these behaviors. I think the school is poorly funded and managed by the Murray School District.

Liberty School 4

Posted December 07, 2005
I have had children at this school for 6 years and have been very happy with the teachers and the administration. The teachers show great interest and love in the children. They are professional and are supportive. They love to have the parents involvement.

Posted November 09, 2004
- a former student

Liberty School 3

Posted June 25, 2004
My children have attended this school for two years they do not offer any p.e. nor do they offer art classes. I also can not have a copy of there sat scores I want to express that only one teacher that i have met is up to the challenge of being a good teacher.

Posted May 26, 2004
Teachers admittedly are not directly involved with the testing of the students. They have no idea what goes on in their own classroom. My child attended this school for 3 years with severe learning disabilities and they told me repeatedly I had a slow reader and therefore failed several tests never once attempting to find out about comprehension despite my prompts. They charge $30/month for after school activities in which my child spent the afternoon drawing pictures on the backs of old parent notes.

Liberty School 1

Posted May 26, 2004

Liberty School
140 West 6100 South, Murray, UT  84107
Last modified Liberty School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top