430 students|Murray District

Bad
Good

There are a lot of reasons why I rated this school so poorly. My child was being bullied and because he didn't report until 3 days later they did nothing about it. My child defending him self against a bigger kid different grade and he was punished for i. Another incident my child has high anxieties and was told she could call me and I could talk to her to her so she can come down and return back to class, her new teacher that she received this year will not allow her to do that she told her to drink water and put her head down. Another incident my child had fallen off of the playground broke her growth plate went and told her teacher, she told her to put lotion on it , and would not let her call me, her mother, until she went into the library and they let her call me. We had taken her to Instant Care that's how we found out. This school dose nothing to make there students fell like they are wanted unless you are the principal favorite . I drive 60 miles a day 4 times a day for them to go to this school. Cause we where told it was the best. Sadly to say all the friends they have made. My children will NOT return to this school. I would rather do k12... long View is by the worst school by far. I have say to there are some good teachers. And there are some nasty teachers if they do not like your child they will make it uncomfortable for them

Teachers and other staff are very friendly. Every time I email or send a note to a teacher they get back to me in the same day. They seem very interested is parent teacher communication and make a real effort to keep dialogue open. My son is very happy at this school and is progressing both cognitively and socially.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

From the two classroom environments I have witnessed teachers are confident, know their students and the material are keep a very orderly but fun classroom environment that is predictable with set routines.

Amount of homework: Agree

My son only has about 30 to 40 minutes of homework a night and that includes 20 minutes of reading every night. He is always willing to sit and do his work and I think it is because he is not overwhelmed. Most nights we only spend about 10 minutes on spelling, vocabulary and writing and the other 20 minutes are spent reading.

This is a fabulous school w/ some really great teachers. Miss Palmer and Mrs Aoyagi are some of the most involved and enthusiatic teachers I have ever met. This school has a great PTA. Lots of parents who really care about their children and their education and put in hundreds of volunteer hours to raise money, provide school spirit and support, provide education (art, music and reading classes) and help this school run smoothly.

Last modified Longview School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.