Murray, UT

Viewmont School 1

Posted January 30, 2014
I had read reviews and thought that this was going to be a great school but my son was bullied by kids there and was basically ignored because he wasn't the normal child. He had just lost his father to cancer and they basically put him in the corner and tried to tell me that he was a trouble child. Then I find out after moving him to another school that they wanted him to be in a self-contained classroom because he was having a hard time and missing his dad and was acting out. There was no compassion, just judgement. The principal wheres business suits and heels everyday. You can't be around kids in heels and be able to be on their level. I have never been so frustrated. So glad we pulled him and put him in the great school he is in now. He is excelling now where he was struggling. He has learned more in 1 month at his new school than a whole year of this school. Unless you have a perfect student for your child or plan on spending you days in the classroom, look elsewhere.

Posted September 30, 2013
Great school. Small town feel within the school. Classrooms are great size and the teachers are fabulous friendly and the kids love them! Love the diversity the school offers and promotes. Families and patents are very involved and supportive.

Viewmont School 1

Posted February 28, 2013
VIEWMONT ELEMENTARY WHERE TEACHERS AND PRINCIPAL MRS YOUNG DON'T WATCH OVER KIDS AND WHERE BULLIES HAVE THE RUN OF THE SCHOOL. WORSE SCHOOL EVER SPECIALLY SINCE MRS YOUNG BECAME A PRINCIPAL. 2012-2013 MOVING MY CHILD.

Posted October 04, 2009
I have 3 children that have attended Viewmont and most of our experiences have been wonderful. Lead by a great, caring and involved principal.

Viewmont School

Posted July 21, 2009
We transferred from Jordan school district 2 yrs ago. I have 3 kids in this school and could not be happier with their overall performance. 2 of my children were reading a grade below average when we arrived at Viewmont, now they are excelling above their own grades. The class sizes are small, the teachers are amazing and live to teach, the experience is a win - win! We love Viewmont!

Viewmont School 4

Posted September 16, 2008
So far so good. This is my daughter's first year. Her teacher seems like she really has it together - well-organized, structured classroom. There is a lot of parent participation at this school and the principle seems great!

Viewmont School 4

Posted May 04, 2007
Other than a terrible lack of funding, this school does have a ton of parent involvement and the children who attend there do come from good families. Viewmont makes a good effort and tries hard, just don't expect the best.

Posted November 10, 2005
Viewmont elementary is a wonderful school. The administration is supportive of the teachers and parents. The teacher are wonderful at what they do and many of the parents are actively involved in the classrooms.

Posted October 10, 2005
I feel that Viewmont has an outstanding principal, faculty, and staff. Overall, the teachers are very nurturing and caring of their students. I have a child with special medical needs and they have been wonderful to work with. I have felt very comfortable with her going there. I have another child that struggles academically. She has had fabulous teachers at Viewmont. They have been very mindful of her needs and worked with us to make her schooling a positive, enriching experience. I like the fact that the teachers enjoy and encourage the parents involvement in the classroom because I like to volunteer. I feel like the parents support school activities, fundraisers, and the academics in the classroom. I give this school a terrific rating!

Viewmont School
745 West 5720 South, Murray, UT  84123
Last modified Viewmont School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Viewmont School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top