K-12|Private

Bad
Good

I went to Mount Vernon 7-12 grade had some rough times in my 1st Jr High in Public school Failing grades mostly. My first day was akward but new also, I quickly found freinds. my grades started to come up. In high school I would have loved to play football but they didn't have a team however, I was able to join Both the Base ball and Basketball teams, (I was no star by any means). I was accepted by classmates and coaches and teaching staff.I served on a Jr. senate committee that was offered at the time and was class president of my Sr class I graduated with a class of 20 and have looked back on my experience with great pride glad that my parents made that decision to get me away from the public school system. Looking back The best part was that I graduated Highschool.

I attended MVA from 6th to 11th grade. And there is only 2 good things that I can think to say about it. They excel in sports and have a high graduation rate. However, the school could use so much improvement. For one thing, when I started my first day at that school, I did not feel as welcome as I did in my Senior year in a different high school. Some of the students there have been expelled from previous schools for bad behavior. And due to Mount Vernon's lack of students they take them in no matter their reputation. I myself had been verbally and physically bullied by at least one bad student each year. And even when telling the teachers they cannot expel them because then the school would go out of business. I have a lot of bad memories that linger in the walls of that school. And I plan to never send my kids there because of a lack of acceptance on the part of the students. Other options would be advised.

Last modified Mount Vernon Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12