K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Mount Vernon Academy 2

Posted November 11, 2013
I attended MVA from 6th to 11th grade. And there is only 2 good things that I can think to say about it. They excel in sports and have a high graduation rate. However, the school could use so much improvement. For one thing, when I started my first day at that school, I did not feel as welcome as I did in my Senior year in a different high school. Some of the students there have been expelled from previous schools for bad behavior. And due to Mount Vernon's lack of students they take them in no matter their reputation. I myself had been verbally and physically bullied by at least one bad student each year. And even when telling the teachers they cannot expel them because then the school would go out of business. I have a lot of bad memories that linger in the walls of that school. And I plan to never send my kids there because of a lack of acceptance on the part of the students. Other options would be advised.

Mount Vernon Academy 5

Posted February 12, 2006
I have been sending my children to Mount Vernon for 5 years now. It is a wonderful close knit family. It encourages interaction between the older children and the younger children which is a wonderful learning experience for both. The school has small classes with the largest class my kids have been in being 12 students. The school is not the newest or biggest, but they put their effort into where it counts the most-the kids. I would recommend it to anyone who asks.

Mount Vernon Academy 4

Posted September 09, 2003
I was a student at Mount Vernon Academy and am now a mother preregistering her daughter for enrollment. I have attended various public and private schools in the Salt Lake City area as well as in Birmingham, England. This has given me an inside perspective in the educational system. Of all the schools I attended, Mount Vernon Academy was my favorite. The Principal, his family, teachers, and the students' parents work in a close knit that incourages interaction between students of all ages (K-12). Many parents send all of their children to Mount Vernon so that they may be with their siblings throughout the day. It is a family friendly setting that is very relaxed and welcome to change.

Mount Vernon Academy