Bad
Good

This school has been amazing for my 4 children. While i love all the teachers the principle Mrs swan has old ways of running the school to the point my children are affraid if they wear the wrong colored socks she will yell at them. She is unfriendly and too old school strict for me. While its a wonderful charter school she runs it like a private school in a controlling fashion. I keep my kids in because of the staff. Not her, she may be a good administrator in a business but not with little ones. School would be much better with old principal Mrs shepherd, all kids loved her and respected her.

This school does not follow the law in how it treats students with disabilities. It tries to pass off its responsibilities to the parents. The principal actually told me "the school doesn't do that", when section 504 of federal law says not only that they do, but that it is required! The current principal, Mrs. Swan, is cold, and my well-behaved child believes she hates him. In my interactions with her I have found her to be woefully inadequate in dealing with my children. She has repeatedly told my, "I don't know what to do." She has had extreme difficulty in maintaining school-wide discipline, and has resorted to more and more controlling tactics to try to reclaim it. She has alienated the best teachers and staff and I was extremely sorry to see them go. The teachers still there are hampered by her incompetence. Basically, if you're looking for a charter school, skip this one until they get a new principal.

All of the staff at Wasatch clearly care for every student and try to help them in any way possible to help them succeed. I attended Wasatch since 2006 in kindergarten and now I'm over with it and now I'm moving onto 7th. I'm very satisfied with everything I've been shown at the school. The environment is a safe type where any child can feel wanted, so that's a plus too. Just be extra careful about the lunches. They are not exactly "5 star". All in all, Wasatch Peak is most definitely worth the while and I most certainly would convince others to look into it for anyone looking for an unforgettable journey; with a ton of laughs especially.

I am not sure where Great Schools gets their data. The CRT scores shown for WPA are from 2006 -- the first year of the school's existence. Amazing things have happened in the four years since! I have had all four of my children at WPA -- one daughter from the day the school opened. It has been a wonderful solution for us. My favorite part, as others have mentioned, is the leveling by ability. Students are placed in math and language classes based on their current ability, not on their age. And the placement is very fluid; if a child is found to be struggling too much or not challenged enough, he will be moved to another class.

My daughter started this school in 6th grade after going to a public school in West Valley. I have noticed a huge difference in her grades, and behavior at home. The teachers are amazing and truely care about the kids. I wish every school cared about our children as Wasatch does!

When my son began attending second grade at this school he was reading at K level. He had not advanced in reading at all the previous year. After less than a year at this school, he is almost reading at grade level. Their special-ed program is fantastic. They have recently started working with NACD. Which has made a huge impact on his retention. I love the way they assign classes by level. This way the advanced children don t get bored and those who are struggling aren t frustrated.

My child has attended Wasatch Peak since it has opened. I find that the education is better than traditional school but if your child needs extra instruction, the best by far is the spectrum program. WPA has difficulty communicating the best way to get kids to retain what they have learned and need to learn. communication difficulties,

My son attend this school. His teacher suddenly left in the middle of the school year, the school handled it well. The multi classroom set up is not all worked out and the peer grading is ridiculous. We have to check his grades find the mistakes a fellow 5th grader made in grading my sons work and go to the school and talk to the teacher. Different teachers give you different answers regarding grading and policies, but over all a good school with staff that are trying very hard.

Last modified Wasatch Peak Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.