PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

I love this school and appreciate so much having a safe, warm, loving, and exciting place to send my son every day! He has had Ms. Tianna and Ms. Sally, who are both fabulous gifts. I love that the school is located in downtown Ogden and committed to its reinvigoration. I'm so happy we have found Evergreen!

My daughter attended this school for over 2 years. We took her out of there when they moved locations. In May of 2014, the owner of this school sent us to collections for supposedly not paying tuition for May of 2013. I provided proof that I had paid for May, so she then changed the collection to April of 2013. The crazy part about this is that we paid for my daughter to attend clear through August of 2013 and there was never an issue and we were never told of any missing payments. Clearly, this owner ran in to financial troubles and started to just try to collect from anyone possible. She is dishonest, unorganized and I would never send a child to her school. You will never know when you might have to deal with a collections issue, LONG after your child doesn't even attend there. We eventually had to prove every single month of our payments to her and she still took us to court to try to collect money from us. STAY AWAY from this school.

The school was once located in a beautiful location, but this past summer the director notified the parents the school would be moved to downtown Ogden--a location with high crime. The school is unsafe and has limited security options. The building is in the back of an old church with known asbestos issues. As far as the education goes, my daughter is now reading at her new school (at age 4) where her old teacher at Evergreen said my daughter wouldn't start blending sounds for another six months. It's now two months after that conversation. Education is a priority for my family, but safety and security are number one. There was a shooting several weeks ago one block away from the school.

My daughter has been going to this school since she was 18 months old. We love it , her teacher is so loving, caring and knowledgeable. Even though my daughter is young she's still learning her letters and the sounds of the letters. My daughter just turned two and she can count to six. I can ask her to bring me 6 toys and she will. I've been impressed with the school and it's staff. However, it is a little expensive but completely worth it!

The teachers are very knowledgable about the Montessori method. The children love going to school and the children are involved in the community. They enjoy lots of field experience and hands on learning. My children have been going there from the age of fifteen months and currently I have two elementary students and an early childhood student.

Last modified Evergreen Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-5