Mound Fort Junior High School

Public | 7-9 | 763 students

Sweep tile

Posted October 21, 2013

M y school is awesome! we like to have fun but we really focus on the education....:)

Posted October 21, 2013

My School (Mound Fort), is AWESOME. We ALWAYS get along, we ALWAYS help one another, there is NO drama, we're always in class, we're respectful to the teachers, We're good on Assignments, and okay on Tests, we have School Spirit, our school sports teams are hard working sportsmen. Besides the nasty insedent we had, ALL our teachers are really hard working, and nice. I would like more lunch, as a 9th grader, we dont get seconds like 9th graders last year did D':

Posted March 11, 2013

My daughter has gone to this school for about 2 years. There is a lot of cussing, but over all, not much problems. She has Asperger's and all the teachers are understanding and work with her on it. Some teachers have discipline problems, but most I'm really impressed with. My only complaint, which is not unique to this school, is that when my daughter has a problem and gets counseling, i'm never told about it by the school, but thankfully, we have pretty good relationship, and she tells me what is going on. I feel that the school has a lot of problem students to deal with and they have made some good choices to keep things under control. No one can go outside at lunch time, there is a police officer assigned to the school, if a student has an F at any time, they automatically have to go to study hall during lunch, and they have a home room time for doing homework, a good grade reward program (a party or a field trip to a fun place), also there is a free YMCA program after school that helps with homework, and has some fun club activities. Although the overall atmosphere may be a 3 star, I give them a 4 for caring and trying to do the best they can.

Posted March 22, 2011

My son is currently a student and even though he has not been bullied (mainly because he is a tall kid), the students have no respect for authority and most of the teachers have no control over their classroom. I have heard in parent teacher conference meetings that my son is one of three students that is a "good" student and respectful kid, which means the rest of the kids are giving the teachers a hard time and are not there to learn. The 8th grade english lit teacher gives one vocabulary word per day for the kids to learn, which is pathetic. Very disappointed with this school and will be transferring to OPA next school year.

Posted November 12, 2009

The teachers at Mound Fort are very good generally, but the disciple is non-exsistent. The focus at this school is keeping kids off the street and out of gangs, but it's a lost battle. I moved my daughter from Mound Fort and out of a gifted-talented program that was good because the overall atmosphere of violence and disrespect was adversly affecting her educational opportunities. Time to send the students with severe behavioral problems to an alternative middle school where they can recieve the help they need and restore some focus back onto the students who wish to learn and succeed.

Posted October 29, 2009

I think that the main problem is the principal, he is errogant and does'nt focus on anything other than using his spanish speaking abilities. Don't get me wrong I am not racist, I have mexican children and live the mexican culture. But since when did we become the minority? And since when is it ok to put children aside no matter what race they are? They all deserve a chance. So to Mr. Kuykendal, go back to college get an education on social behavior, maybe then you can learn how to act right.

Posted January 7, 2009

I was a student at this school 5 years ago. I would not want my child going to that school for one reason only: I would not want them to be involved with the kinds of students that attend the school. I ended up getting into trouble at Mound Fort and it was because of the 95% majority that didn't care about their education or their future. The teachers were great and honestly deserve to teach at a better place with better students.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 25, 2008

The faculty at this school is great. The teachers really care about the students it's just that the students at this school are terrible. They don't care about anything

Posted November 12, 2004

My daughter used to go to another school but I changed her to this school because I think that is better, the teachers really care about the students.'Mound Fort is a great school.'

Posted August 14, 2004

My daughter did not feel safe there. My daughter has complained about bullying. Teachers and administrators need to pay more attention to what goes on in the hallways. There is not enough hall monitoring. The facility definately needs work. They dont have walls and I think it is probably hard to concentrate on what you have to do when you hear other teachers and classes going on.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

249 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2013.

248 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

248 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Utah used the Utah Criterion-Referenced Test (CRT) to test students in grades 2 through 11 in Language Arts, in grades 2 through 8 in Math, in grades 4 through 8 in Science and upon completion of certain courses in grades 8 through 11. The CRT is a standards-based testing program, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Utah. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

253 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

241 students were tested at this school in 2013.

n/a
Science

The state average for Science was 77% in 2013.

253 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

255 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 56% in 2010.

Pre-Algebra

The state average for Pre-Algebra was 67% in 2010.

Asian 1% 2%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 96%N/A38%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1400 Mound Fort Dr