Bad
Good

I was a student here for 7th grade and I enjoyed it so much, was in absolute tears for many months even after leaving. I have so many friends there, and the reason was, I was able to make many. For all the people that expect a high class school, don't be stupid. Put your student in a stuffy little academy with the kids whose parents are probably rich or whatever. But if you don't really care about it having a lot of money, and have a lof of heart then I'd say attend here and make friends. The teachers are so funny and they really learn you not just by name to call on you. They are your friends if you talk to them. The lunch was actually pretty good. We were always rewarded at times and got to do nice things like field trips if we deserved it. Theres a few troubling students but it's really not that common. The teachers are really well with dealing with them. If you are having troubles, there are times to fix it and we had a free period of advisory to do homework or other assignments. I guess the principal wasn't so great and got fired but thats her fault. I didn't think she was right anyways. That doesn't really matter though. Your student can have an enjoyable time and learn much quicker when they're comfortable.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

There are some kids whose behavior is kind of nasty. Although not many, the teachers always deal with them responsibly and try to get them to cooperate. They're always kind to all students anyways.

Amount of homework: Agree

I've been to other schools and nearly exploded because they hand out to much hard homework. But this school always does a good job of not overdoing it and handing out too much work. The homework they do give isn't going to give you a headache. It's what you learn in class

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers always teach the students with kindness and try to involve and get to know each student by more than their name. They focus on who you are and will help you with pretty much any problem. If you

Ok look our school isn't perfect but I would much rather be here than at OPA. There I got way more bullying than I do here, I haven't gotten bullied here once. Opa puts way too much stress on me and it wasn't fun there at all. I hate OPA I would never go back to that school.

M y school is awesome! we like to have fun but we really focus on the education....:)

My School (Mound Fort), is AWESOME. We ALWAYS get along, we ALWAYS help one another, there is NO drama, we're always in class, we're respectful to the teachers, We're good on Assignments, and okay on Tests, we have School Spirit, our school sports teams are hard working sportsmen. Besides the nasty insedent we had, ALL our teachers are really hard working, and nice. I would like more lunch, as a 9th grader, we dont get seconds like 9th graders last year did D':

My daughter has gone to this school for about 2 years. There is a lot of cussing, but over all, not much problems. She has Asperger's and all the teachers are understanding and work with her on it. Some teachers have discipline problems, but most I'm really impressed with. My only complaint, which is not unique to this school, is that when my daughter has a problem and gets counseling, i'm never told about it by the school, but thankfully, we have pretty good relationship, and she tells me what is going on. I feel that the school has a lot of problem students to deal with and they have made some good choices to keep things under control. No one can go outside at lunch time, there is a police officer assigned to the school, if a student has an F at any time, they automatically have to go to study hall during lunch, and they have a home room time for doing homework, a good grade reward program (a party or a field trip to a fun place), also there is a free YMCA program after school that helps with homework, and has some fun club activities. Although the overall atmosphere may be a 3 star, I give them a 4 for caring and trying to do the best they can.

My son is currently a student and even though he has not been bullied (mainly because he is a tall kid), the students have no respect for authority and most of the teachers have no control over their classroom. I have heard in parent teacher conference meetings that my son is one of three students that is a "good" student and respectful kid, which means the rest of the kids are giving the teachers a hard time and are not there to learn. The 8th grade english lit teacher gives one vocabulary word per day for the kids to learn, which is pathetic. Very disappointed with this school and will be transferring to OPA next school year.

The teachers at Mound Fort are very good generally, but the disciple is non-exsistent. The focus at this school is keeping kids off the street and out of gangs, but it's a lost battle. I moved my daughter from Mound Fort and out of a gifted-talented program that was good because the overall atmosphere of violence and disrespect was adversly affecting her educational opportunities. Time to send the students with severe behavioral problems to an alternative middle school where they can recieve the help they need and restore some focus back onto the students who wish to learn and succeed.

Last modified Mound Fort Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.