Ogden, UT

Mound Fort Junior High School 4

Posted September 15, 2014
Ok look our school isn't perfect but I would much rather be here than at OPA. There I got way more bullying than I do here, I haven't gotten bullied here once. Opa puts way too much stress on me and it wasn't fun there at all. I hate OPA I would never go back to that school.

Mound Fort Junior High School 5

Posted October 21, 2013
M y school is awesome! we like to have fun but we really focus on the education....:)

Mound Fort Junior High School 5

Posted October 21, 2013
My School (Mound Fort), is AWESOME. We ALWAYS get along, we ALWAYS help one another, there is NO drama, we're always in class, we're respectful to the teachers, We're good on Assignments, and okay on Tests, we have School Spirit, our school sports teams are hard working sportsmen. Besides the nasty insedent we had, ALL our teachers are really hard working, and nice. I would like more lunch, as a 9th grader, we dont get seconds like 9th graders last year did D':

Mound Fort Junior High School 4

Posted March 11, 2013
My daughter has gone to this school for about 2 years. There is a lot of cussing, but over all, not much problems. She has Asperger's and all the teachers are understanding and work with her on it. Some teachers have discipline problems, but most I'm really impressed with. My only complaint, which is not unique to this school, is that when my daughter has a problem and gets counseling, i'm never told about it by the school, but thankfully, we have pretty good relationship, and she tells me what is going on. I feel that the school has a lot of problem students to deal with and they have made some good choices to keep things under control. No one can go outside at lunch time, there is a police officer assigned to the school, if a student has an F at any time, they automatically have to go to study hall during lunch, and they have a home room time for doing homework, a good grade reward program (a party or a field trip to a fun place), also there is a free YMCA program after school that helps with homework, and has some fun club activities. Although the overall atmosphere may be a 3 star, I give them a 4 for caring and trying to do the best they can.

Posted March 22, 2011
My son is currently a student and even though he has not been bullied (mainly because he is a tall kid), the students have no respect for authority and most of the teachers have no control over their classroom. I have heard in parent teacher conference meetings that my son is one of three students that is a "good" student and respectful kid, which means the rest of the kids are giving the teachers a hard time and are not there to learn. The 8th grade english lit teacher gives one vocabulary word per day for the kids to learn, which is pathetic. Very disappointed with this school and will be transferring to OPA next school year.

Posted November 12, 2009
The teachers at Mound Fort are very good generally, but the disciple is non-exsistent. The focus at this school is keeping kids off the street and out of gangs, but it's a lost battle. I moved my daughter from Mound Fort and out of a gifted-talented program that was good because the overall atmosphere of violence and disrespect was adversly affecting her educational opportunities. Time to send the students with severe behavioral problems to an alternative middle school where they can recieve the help they need and restore some focus back onto the students who wish to learn and succeed.

Mound Fort Junior High School 0

Posted October 29, 2009
I think that the main problem is the principal, he is errogant and does'nt focus on anything other than using his spanish speaking abilities. Don't get me wrong I am not racist, I have mexican children and live the mexican culture. But since when did we become the minority? And since when is it ok to put children aside no matter what race they are? They all deserve a chance. So to Mr. Kuykendal, go back to college get an education on social behavior, maybe then you can learn how to act right.

Posted August 19, 2009

Posted April 20, 2009

Mound Fort Junior High School 3

Posted January 07, 2009
I was a student at this school 5 years ago. I would not want my child going to that school for one reason only: I would not want them to be involved with the kinds of students that attend the school. I ended up getting into trouble at Mound Fort and it was because of the 95% majority that didn't care about their education or their future. The teachers were great and honestly deserve to teach at a better place with better students.

Mound Fort Junior High School
1400 Mound Fort Dr, Ogden, UT  84404
Last modified Mound Fort Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mound Fort Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top