Thomas O Smith School 5

Posted June 17, 2009
I think this school does amazing things! There are a ton of extra curricular activities provided for the children. There have been several students who end up in the Junior High Enriched programs. The teachers are top notch and high quality. Several are working on or have obtained a Masters degree. The PTA is excellent. This school does have a high english language learning population, but the teachers do an outstanding job of balancing efforts with those students and with students who are proficient at their levels. I am shocked that anyone would rated this school so low! I am a highly educated parent who is not afraid of doing my part to ensure that my children's education is secured. I believe any school has major challenges. This one is an inner-city school and I know that my children will be further ahead in the 'real' world by attending this school.

Posted April 20, 2009

Thomas O Smith School 5

Posted November 16, 2008
They are the best in the whole world out of the rest of the schools and T.O. Smith is really nice and kind over the schools and You guys rock keep it on the way that you guys are. T.O. Smith ROCKS!!

Posted August 28, 2008
I think this is a good school. I see the teachers trying very hard! Last year Mrs. Blamires was one of my son's teacher and she really stood out. She kept the children on task and focused as well as giving them an element of enthusiasm. She knew how to help the children individually to excell. I am very happy with their current secretary Mrs. Hernandez, she is very professional and helps in keeping the school running very efficiently. Their is another person at the school whom I see contributes a lot of time and energy Mrs. Garner, she is their for anything.Their are many others who volunteer their precious time at the school. T.O. Smith would greatly benefit from more parent involvement, but I must say I am happy that my child does go their it is a loving environment & I feel he's safe!

Thomas O Smith School 1

Posted March 14, 2007

Posted July 30, 2005
I think T.O. is a wonderful school. It does have some problems, like most schools, but as a whole I think it is good. The Staff cares about each child and many have been there for 10 years or more. My child has been there since Kindergarten and every one of her teachers has been great. Mr. Cassler, Mrs. Davila, and Mrs. Lefler are all very interested and involved teachers. The only thing I would like to see change is more parental involvement. The teachers cannot do it alone. More parents need to be involved with their child's homework, reading daily and extracurricular activities.

Thomas O Smith School 3

Posted September 09, 2003

Thomas O Smith School
3295 Gramercy Ave, Ogden, UT  84403
Last modified Thomas O Smith School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas O Smith School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top