524 students|Weber District

Bad
Good

My daughter has attended Roosevelt for about four years. Unless you are LDS you can forget your child's acceptance. Also, out of all the staff the only one who doesn't have spelling errors was her kindergarten teacher. Even the staff's emails have errors galore. The school doesn't hesitate to ask for money regularly, but there is no indication of money in the education. The PTA even snubbed me because I was not LDS and made it a point to let me be aware. Needless to say I've not participated with the PTA since. The classes used to wear college shirts, but they no longer do. One teacher yelled at the class, announcing her bad day before calling a special needs child stupid in front of the class. (She has moved away now.) This school is NOT supportive of the children, or the education, but I'm positive if I take the flyers home for things to purchase, I could gather a mint from the recycling plant. We're sure trying to move--as soon as it's possible.

This school has been the worst school my kids have ever gone to. My sons 6th grade teacher was very lazy, and rude to not only my son but other children in the class. My son had fallen behind on assignments his teacher told him not to worry about it because she doesn't grade them anyway. This is so ridiculous, It makes me see why Utah has such a bad education rating. This is sad to realize the teachers do not care about my children's education as much as I do. However my daughters 3rd grade teacher was very encouraging when it came to helping her in math. She even wrote a very nice letter to her encouraging her not to give up and telling her she is getting better. If only the rest of the staff really cared!!!!

I am very impressed with this school. The staff is highly motivated and cares about each student. The teach advanced lessons in the classroom and use a variety of teaching methods to reach all learners. They have smart boards, use clickers for testing, and use a variety of technology in grades as low as first. I would highly recommend this school to anyone and everyone.

This school is lacking at best. My son has no homework and I'm afraid is falling further behind. The staff seem snobby and uneducated. The teacher my son has seems to be there only to get a pay check, not to educate. The school motto is no excuses. However that seems to be all I get. They use excuses to degrade and bellitle the comunity and the parents. This school does not encourage parent interaction and feel the parents full of B.S. to try to get the parents to walk away from the situation. If possible do not put your kids through this school!

I went to this school, and i fell in love with this school, what with the teachers, the plays (Marvin and Jesse, but I believe that Marvin moved away, so my beloved play is no more) the food was great, I loved walking down those halls, seeing Ms. Zamora and the library oh the library, it was my favorite places to go, if you choose to let your children go to this school it would be a good choice

I go to this school but it is not the best school ever it could be better and clenner and nucer and funner AND THE FOOD CAN BE A WHOLE LOT BETTER! It is still a good school it is just not the best.

I feel that the school has gone down hill since the new principal took over. I took my kids from that school and they are doing much better in their new one. The bully problem is horrible in this school. The prinicipal is too concerned with issues of little value and less concerned with the issues that need to be addressed to assure child safety.

Last modified Roosevelt School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.