880 students|Weber District

Bad
Good

I agree with others about the poor administration at this school. My son went there for the 2009-2010 school year. We pulled him and chose to homeschool him over sending him back to South Ogden. He encountered a teacher who swore at the class, a counselor who didn't know what he was doing, staff who was less then co-operative when we tried to implement a plan to keep my son on track academically. Because of the treatment my son received at South Ogden, we have done all that we could to avoid sending our younger children to that school. My daughter entered an online school program and my now 7th grader is attending a charter school to avoid going to South.

I agree with parent who posted April 1, 2009. And for the parent who posted April 5, 2010, your fowl mouth and attitude was one of the problems I saw with parents and students. I was very active in my son's education, otherwise his three years there would have been a waste.

South is an amazing school. I love it!! My Student is getting an incrediable education there. And it pisses me off to see all of these people talk crap on this school. And the students that go there are so cute!! they are such cool kids. :)

Education and teachers have been great. Little disappointed about German class getting cancelled. Athletics department another story. Only play if you have the 'name'

My son is not highly self-motivated when it comes to school but I felt that the administration and his teachers did not have high requirements and expectations. I felt like my son took three years off of school. Partly my fault, partly his fault and partly South's fault.

Last modified South Ogden Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.