PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Small classes. School emphasizes faith-based learning in a rigorous academic environment. School has not lost sight of the importance of art, music, PE, library, and Spanish courses. Children are respectful. A lot of emphasis on kindness and respect.

Grateful to: School leader

I would like to thank the principal. She is a true leader and inspiration. All the teachers deserve a big thanks because they volunteer so much outside of the classroom for our students.

Amount of homework: no rating

I have mixed opinions about this. Sometimes it is very stressful at the home, but I think it is because my children do not follow through on tasks, and then we are scrambling to get things done. If my children would be more focused, I don't think it would be so bad.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Very rigorous. Empowers students to do challenging work. Teachers stay after school (volunteer) to work study halls to help kids with their work.

Having my oldest in public school in TX and in UT, I must say that St. Joseph does a superior job. I notice most of the reviews are an attempt to compare things offered in public schools. Yes we have only a few programs for children because we focus on academics and religion. And remarks have been made about 'catering to the affluent of Ogden.' Most are unaware the school gives financial assistance to 30% of its student body! My family included. Parent involvement is widely used to keep costs down. As compared to private schools in other cities our tuition is considerably low. And by Junior High levels our students are scoring on average 2 years above the national average. That's success in my opinon. Yes, the lunch program is not what we'd prefer. But most bring their lunch. The school does not have a full cafeteria.

My Education at St. Joesph's was adequate, but not very fufilling, there are many other children who are very smart but there aren't any accelerated programs. The lunch program served fruit but also deep fried cheese sticks, they took off soup because they were trying to make it healthier, but left cake, nacho's other unhelth food and the main service was from fast food resturaunts. Our religion classes were a part of our schedule but going to mass changed from every other week to once a month and then in our third quarter we missed 3 months. The teachers picked favorites, and other children were treated harsher, it is a small school so you get to know everyone but it was very clique and sometimes it was hard to go. I did have some good teachers there and the sports program was above and beyond for the sports we had.

Last modified St Joseph Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8