546 students|Alpine District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

My daughter has had mostly great teachers. We have enjoyed this school for the most part. We ran into some issues in 4th grade dealing with a BYU student teacher. My daughter was being bullied and this caused my characteristically sweet child to start behaving in ways I had never experienced before. After meeting with the principal, which was a bit contentious, the solution was to make my child move to a different class as if she was the problem. She was embarrassed and apparently some teachers didn't have the couth to not talk about the change in front of students and comments were made to my child about how she "got in trouble" and had to move. This was an awful year for us. They have a lot of student teachers in charge of classrooms who are inexperienced. Luckily, this year she has had amazing teachers, Ms. Hale, Mr. Crawford and Mr. Trussdale have brought back my child's love of learning again. There have been bullying incidents again with a certain student that, seem to me, have been swept under the rug by administration; the new principal specifically. (We miss Mr. Parks!) I gave up trying to communicate with him and instead have educated my child about bullying and the reasons people do what they do. The after school 4-H programs are one of my favorite things about this school. Excellent program. Overall, we love this school and have learned to work with the issues we see at home. The office staff here is out of this world amazing!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

It has been hit and miss for us. We have had amazing teachers and we have had a few that were less than. If I could spread it out by grade, this response would be more valid.

Develops character: Agree

I like that the teachers try to instill these values. I have found the new principal a bit unapproachable when it comes to issues parents have. I have been happy to see that history lessons here include, MLK jr, Rosa Parks, what happened with the Japenese internment camps here in the US as well as the holocaust have been addressed and taught correctly. I am a former teacher and a big advocate of civil rights so it was great to see things I was talking about at home being reinforced.

Develops character: Agree

If a parent is willing to take the time to be involved then the teacher or administrator in charge will take the time to be involved.

My son started kindergarten here this year; he is teacher is awesome-beyond awesome really! The office administrators are great with the exception of a few select staff members who tend not to be very pleasant to anyone; the principal is amazing and takes an active role in the well being of his student base. After school programs are somewhat of a daycare program ranging from kindergarteners to 6th graders without consideration to their age level or real organization. If you want to know what's going on at the school though you must communicate with teachers, administrators, and really anyone that works within the school at least 1 time a week.

I almost never give 5 stars because to me that is perfection. I give Geneva a solid 4 stars, it is a great school. My daughter has attended Geneva the last two years, 1st and 2nd grade, and has really liked both of her past teachers. She is about to start another school year here and is excited as she really likes this school.

We moved here from SLC and tried attending a shool in our boudary. She became very withdrawn and very unlike herself. We then transferred her to Geneva and she absolutely loves it and is back to herself again with great grades. The first grade teacher she has is awesome and takes the time with new students to make sure they are comfortable and understand what is being asked of them. We just moved to another area and she is not in the boudaries of Geneva but will ask for another transfer year after year! They are awesome!

It's a great environment for my children. As international students they have all support from teachers and principal. There is no discrimination by the fact that they are from another country. Actually my children adopted Geneva School as they second home.

Awesome school! Great faculty and Staff! Amazing in every way!

We moved from Murray where I really loved my son's school. At first I didn't like the change, but my kids came home learning so much and really enjoying their school, so now we love it!

Last modified Geneva School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.