567 students|Alpine District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Geneva School 4

Posted May 15, 2016
My daughter has had mostly great teachers. We have enjoyed this school for the most part. We ran into some issues in 4th grade dealing with a BYU student teacher. My daughter was being bullied and this caused my characteristically sweet child to start behaving in ways I had never experienced before. After meeting with the principal, which was a bit contentious, the solution was to make my child move to a different class as if she was the problem. She was embarrassed and apparently some teachers didn't have the couth to not talk about the change in front of students and comments were made to my child about how she "got in trouble" and had to move. This was an awful year for us. They have a lot of student teachers in charge of classrooms who are inexperienced. Luckily, this year she has had amazing teachers, Ms. Hale, Mr. Crawford and Mr. Trussdale have brought back my child's love of learning again. There have been bullying incidents again with a certain student that, seem to me, have been swept under the rug by administration; the new principal specifically. (We miss Mr. Parks!) I gave up trying to communicate with him and instead have educated my child about bullying and the reasons people do what they do. The after school 4-H programs are one of my favorite things about this school. Excellent program. Overall, we love this school and have learned to work with the issues we see at home. The office staff here is out of this world amazing!

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 15, 2016
Front office staff, Ms. Brown, Ms Erickson, the nurse, Celeste, 1st grade Ms. Bell, 2nd grade teachers, Ms. Freeman and Ms. Wheat, all of the 5th grade teachers, Ms. Hale, Mr. Crawford, Mr. Trussdale

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 15, 2016
It has been hit and miss for us. We have had amazing teachers and we have had a few that were less than. If I could spread it out by grade, this response would be more valid.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 15, 2016
Again, I feel the teachers try to do this but upper administration, principal, tends to brush over issues parents have and I have been left feeling that concerns I have were not addressed. It has given my daughter the impression that it doesn't matter if she brings up issues like bullying because nothing comes of it and it often leads to worse harassment. In one case the older siblings of the bully, who don't even go to that school, came on school property to intimidate students who reported their younger sister for being a bully.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 15, 2016
Again, I feel the teachers try to do this but upper administration tends to brush over issues parents have and I have been left feeling that concerns I have were not addressed.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 15, 2016
I like that the teachers try to instill these values. I have found the new principal a bit unapproachable when it comes to issues parents have. I have been happy to see that history lessons here include, MLK jr, Rosa Parks, what happened with the Japenese internment camps here in the US as well as the holocaust have been addressed and taught correctly. I am a former teacher and a big advocate of civil rights so it was great to see things I was talking about at home being reinforced.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted December 28, 2015
The teachers don't foster favoritism mentalities nor do administrators; you get out what you put in Asa parent.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted December 28, 2015
If a parent is willing to take the time to be involved then the teacher or administrator in charge will take the time to be involved.

Geneva School 5

Posted December 28, 2015
My son started kindergarten here this year; he is teacher is awesome-beyond awesome really! The office administrators are great with the exception of a few select staff members who tend not to be very pleasant to anyone; the principal is amazing and takes an active role in the well being of his student base. After school programs are somewhat of a daycare program ranging from kindergarteners to 6th graders without consideration to their age level or real organization. If you want to know what's going on at the school though you must communicate with teachers, administrators, and really anyone that works within the school at least 1 time a week.

Geneva School 4

Posted August 17, 2013
I almost never give 5 stars because to me that is perfection. I give Geneva a solid 4 stars, it is a great school. My daughter has attended Geneva the last two years, 1st and 2nd grade, and has really liked both of her past teachers. She is about to start another school year here and is excited as she really likes this school.

400 North 665 West, Orem, UT  84057
Last modified Geneva School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.