Orem, UT
Students enrolled: 1,104

Posted November 06, 2013
Our principal is an amazing asset to Orem High. He knows and cares for the students, he encourages and supports the teachers, he welcomes and involves the parents, and he reaches out to and helps the community. He has been a unifying force, making Orem High a fabulous school. The principal and assistant principals work well together. The counselors go out of their way to make sure the students succeed. The teachers know their subjects and help the students get excited about learning. Orem High is an all-around great school!

Orem High School 0

Posted August 10, 2008
Orem High currently has the best principal any of my children have had anywhere! I am pleased with the variety of classes and options available in this school. I agree with others who have commented on a lack of motivation apparent in many of the students but place the responsibility for it in the homes of the students and not the walls of the school. I have experienced frustration with the counselors and was even told on one occasion that there was no space to enroll a student in a required class. It is a good school and believe it continues to get better thanks to a great principal. Thank you Ms. Lindhout!

Posted December 16, 2005
We absolutely adore Jane. She is both professional yet caring about our children. She has the ability to give posative reinforcement for a very ADD child, which is a rare talent! We have been very pleased with the arts program. There are talented and caring teachers in this area. The quality of the program is the best we have ever experienced and we have lived in many parts of this country. The academic programs are very good, however, the math (investigations)is hurting our kids GPA. The teachers love Orem High and it shows. Overall the teachers who work full-time at Orem are exceptional. I wish it were that way with many part-time teachers. They are very hard to contact and many times are not at school when they say they are. That is very disappointing. Having said that we love Orem High and thank you for caring for our children.

Posted March 02, 2005
- a former student
As a former student, I think Orem High is a good school. The teachers are good and so is the administration. What most high school students look for is the abundance of extracurricular activities. There are a variety of them, but they are not all supported the same. I was in the music program and we were neglected. All the support and funding went to the sports and dance program. One way to make this school better is to show universal support and funding.

Posted November 09, 2004
Orem High has been a great experience for my children, so much so that my sister's kids drive 20 minutes to go here as well. We have had a great experience with the teachers and the extracurricular programs are first rate. I wish the student's themselves would appreciate a bit more what a unique and great school they have.

Posted October 20, 2004
Most of the teachers and administration at OHS excellent. They are interested in the students and their sucess. They teach and inspire. However,many of the students themselves are very apathetic toward their education. It would be a much better school if the students themselves cared more about their education than their weekend. Unfortunately that is not the case. I have had two children attend school there. While I whole heartedly endorse the teaching, I am very disappointed in the student body.

Posted April 22, 2004
Except for some apparent apathy by the administration I have been extremely pleased with my students' experiences at OHS. The faculty is helpful and kind, the students seem to have less conflict and are more inclusive than other places I am familiar with. It's a great school!

Posted March 25, 2004
I send my student from another district (Nebo) to attend Orem. Veteran staff, strong prgrams, safe, and, as one can see, very good standardized test scores. Orem has outstanding programs including Drama, Unified Studies, and Comcurrent Enrollment opportunities. It has a great academic tradition along with a variety of positive activities.

Posted March 10, 2004
I have had 4 students attend this school it is a great place and one that is caring and helping to the students. Everyone who will trys can find success.

Orem High School 1

Posted January 05, 2004
My child attends this high school and I am not at all impressed with the way things are run. The principal needs to step up and take action. We need to get involved and make Orem High School what it was built to be!

Orem High School
175 South 400 East, Orem, UT  84097
Last modified Orem High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orem High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top