865 students|Alpine District

Bad
Good

Posted June 24, 2011
This school has gone through a major improvement with the new principal - I think flex is a great addition - it really has helped my kids. This has been a great school for my kids.

Posted February 18, 2011
Orem Jr. has a system called flex. I don't have to stay after school, and I can get extra help in needed. The school has activities for all grades, the play, science investigators, yearbook, Stu Co, Latinos in Action, and the list goes on! I have had great teachers, and the teachers stay after school EXTRA for students, and that was in math. There are some teachers that are not as motivated, but few. The new principal learns the names of each student who tells him. He has started a new system called "PROWL". When our school was in morning for the death of a student from a car crash, the reporters tried to come in. Our Principal didn t allow them to come, to help us morn. The Principle has made great leading decisions like this. The tardy policy is not suspension after the first time, but rather after several times. I have been only tardy like 2 times from within 2 years, and I take my time in the halls, and have had jammed lockers. I really think this tardy system has helped a lot. I have noticed less sluffs and less tardy every year. If you want to know more, contact the school. Other rates are older than 2 years inaccurate since we got a new system. OJHROCKSStudentof14'

Posted August 18, 2009
Take it from a student who goes to Orem Jr. and has been going for all three years. I love it!!! Some parents say stupid things like, 'my child thinks that its ok to be late because if you are late to class you get suspended.' Ya well thats not true, you have to be late for class a certain amount of times in order for suspension. And besides they haven't gone to Orem Jr. well at least when its new like it is now. So how would they know that their kids aren't making up lies? so take it from a STUDENT who is ranked in something very high in student council, its a great school and I love it!!!

Orem Jr High School 2

Posted July 27, 2009
I think Orem Junior High should worry more about students education, and not make it so easy for kids to get suspended, by suspending them for tardies, which I think is ridiculus. They should have more activities for the 7th and 8th graders rather then making it so that only 9th graders can try out for stuff. They should also allow the backpack priveliges, and take away backpack priveliges when needed to.

Posted March 21, 2008
I think the school is great in most subjects but very lacking in the math department. If you are not able to provide a lot of one on one help in math or hire a tutor your student will suffer greatly.

Posted September 05, 2007
It's okay. Some of the teachers are abolutely amazing! Others... not so much.

Posted January 10, 2007
I think Orem jr. high is one of the best schools around! the teachers really want to be there and they care for every student! my student loves it there and she has many wonderful friends unlike other schools in the district that she has been to. if you want to put for student in orem jr. I say go ahead and do it!!

Posted April 24, 2006
Orem Jr. is a great school. They have many programs that help students prepare for the real world. The extracurricular activities are fantastic drama, choir, and band. They keep the children busy and learning. I'm saddened by the fact that we have to keep some incompetent teachers and reject those who are more talented. In general Orem Jr. is the best school in the area.

Orem Jr High School 2

Posted January 18, 2006
I feel they need to spend more time on the students and keeping them in school. They supend students for being late to class. that is not trying to teach our student to stay in school this letting them know that if I am late I get a free day off. Also teachers and counclers do not need to put down the parents behind their backs in front of the students this happen to me. As soon as this year ends I am enrolling my student either in homeschool or private where people care. I have seen this in all of alpine school not just Orem jr. High

Posted October 05, 2005
This school is great. The teachers explain work so its easy to understand. If your kid is struggling in math I would really reccomend Mrs. Conrad for 7th grade.

765 North 600 West, Orem, UT  84057
Last modified Orem Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.