707 students|Alpine District

Bad
Good

My child went to Orem Elementary for preschool, kindergarten and 1st grade. I think the teachers are good, but there aren't enough other staff to supervise the kids during lunch and recess. The lunchroom is pretty crazy. I watched an older kid take my son's lunch dessert right in front of me one day and apparently that is pretty common. I also saw some bullying. Teachers said they couldn't do anything unless they saw it themselves. We've since moved to Suncrest Elementary and it's much better. The rules they have and enforce prevent bullying in the first place. For example, talking in the halls is not allowed at all, so bullying is not going to happen there. For lunch, kids sit with their class. They can't wander around and bug other kids.

I've had two children go through Orem Elementary, and my third will begin kindergarten there this fall. My children have had exceptional experiences at Orem Elementary. The teachers there are extremely dedicated and caring. I've heard parents say that Utah schools are 'behind' when it comes to national standards. If you take a moment to see how Utah's high school graduates do on their SAT and ACT scores you will discover that such notions are quite incorrect. Orem Elementary School is fantastic!

Our family recently moved to Utah. The past few months at school have not taught my children much of anything. The curriculum in this school district seems to be far easier than the school system we just moved from. This is disappointing to us. My children have also struggled with bullying. It is really bad during recess. There only seems to be one monitor out there watching hundreds of children in an area that is not easy to watch, and is open to the street. I worry about their safety. I am looking for a Charter school to send my children to. The principal seems friendly here, and the special ed director is great too! Kids seem to get lost in the system though....

Last modified Orem School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.