564 students|Alpine District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

Windsor is a wonderful school! The teachers care about their students and as a school they are continually working toward improvement. My kids feel loved and make great progress each year. We also participate in the many extracurricular activities Windsor has to offer; like Chorus, Knowledge Bowl, Orchestra, and Robotics. We have 5 children and 4 have attended Windsor Elementary. My oldest graduated from 6th grade last year.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Windsor's teachers are amazing!! They have some challenges due to the demographics of our school, and I am so impressed with their dedication and love for each student.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework varies by classroom, but I feel that our experiences with homework have been just right. There is always outside of school reading and maybe a work sheet or spelling work. I think kids should spend out of school time developing in other ways: musically, athletically, socially, etc, so this amount of homework is just right.

Windsor is a fantastic school with amazing and dedicated teachers who engage with each student to give them opportunities to grow and excel. Our principle is fantastic and has made an enormous difference in our school in just one year. There is a positive energy that permeates the halls, and my kids are excited to go to school each day. There are many excellent extracurricular programs like knowledge bowl, choir, and robotics with plans to create more in the future. As parents we have been lobbying for several years for Windsor to adopt he state's core modal for dual immersion in Spanish, and it is finally happening which is so exciting!! Great things are happening at Windsor!!

I have a 4th grader, 2nd grader, and a pre-schooler at Windsor. The two older ones are in the dual-language program, and next year we are excited that Windsor will be rolling-out dual-language for kindergarten as well! I have found the teaching staff to be helpful, friendly, and more than dedicated to my kids' success. Of course no teacher is perfect, but from my experience I have found my children's teachers to be very supportive and eager to work through issues as they arise. They communicate concerns and successes as they come up, and I love the online access I have as a parent to see what my kids' grades are at any given point. No need to wait till report cards come out or parent-teacher conferences. We also greatly enjoy the diverse cultural environment at Windsor, and that our children are not only learning Spanish in the classroom, but are also getting to use it on the playground with native Spanish speakers. We feel very blessed to be able to enroll our kids at such a wonderful school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All the teachers that I had were always open in their communication with me. They knew that I was raising my grandchildren, and then when their dad and stepmom were back in the picture they were very open to discussing things with them also and helping them become better parents in teaching their children at home. The teachers seem to really care about the children's success and if you drive past the school on any given day past their contract hours, or even on Saturdays, you will see cars in the parking lot. I don't think they're there for a potluck!

Amount of homework: Agree

I do not think there was an excessive amount given to my children / grandchildren. And what did come home was meaningful towards the concepts they were learning and in encouraging them to be creative, thinkers, and knowledgeable about the subject.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Windsor, over the last few years, has adopted "the Windsor five". These are character traits such as caring and compassion. Each week the children are reminded what the focus is and given some ideas of how they can improve in that area. Every Wednesday, a pre recorded character trait program with music is played for the whole school. I have seen teachers take advantage of this time to delve deeper into the character trait of that day to help their students become better people/citizens.

As a parent and grandparents I have had a lot of my kids go through Windsor. I grew up as a minority (where Caucasians were the minority) and I love the diversity of this school. I love that my children--who are partly minority but mostly Caucasian, can experience a variety of culture while at school. I believe this helps prepare them for the real world. The new principal at Windsor is very involved with the children and Staff. Many of the faculties esl endorsed, SIOP endorsed ( which is best practices for second language learners AND English speakers) and have master's degrees. From what I've been told by many of the teachers they love teaching at Windsor because of the diversity, because they are a title 1 school and receive extra funds to be able to help all students, because of the enthusiasm of the new administration, and because of the new changes that will be coming next year with many after school clubs and a dual language immersion program. If I had more kids of elementary age they would be going to Windsor also!

Windsor has an excellent principal and all around great teachers. Teachers collaborate well together to make sure all students are learning at high levels. This is a great school with a wonderful atmosphere!

Last modified Windsor School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.