Windsor School 4

Posted February 27, 2014
Windsor is an amazing school. The administrators are so involved with the kids. They are friendly, compassionate, and focused on students individually. Windsor has amazing teachers who consistently strive for excellence and put in extra hours in order to be prepared for each day, so the students can be engaged and instructed well. My children participate in Knowledge Bowl and Chorus both of which programs I am very impressed with. One way that Windsor struggles is with parental involvement. The school definitely encourages parents to be involved, but due to the local demographics, there are many parents who both work or who do not speak English, so there are not as many parents who are able to volunteer their time at the school. Those who do though are amazing!

Windsor School 5

Posted May 20, 2013
Windsor is such an amazing school!! I have children in sixth fifth third and first. The teachers are absolutely fantastic and caring with the students. The principal is the best they could ask for hands down! He knows how to get the students to do what they are supposed to do without any negativity to make the student hate school!! The staff has changed how my son looks at school. When he first started he didn't want to be there at all. Now he loves it and never wants to change schools!!! They are great at keeping bullying out of the school which is such a great peace of mind to have! We love windsor and the windsor staff!!!!!

Windsor School 0

Posted February 12, 2009
Windsor recently got a new principal, and he is great. He is very involved with the students and is very approachable. This school has its challenges, as any other school in a socio-economic area like this, but Windsor seems to have enough positive to make it the good school that it is.

Windsor School 0

Posted August 14, 2008
This school has been great. I love the wealth program that the school has. I like that the kindergartens had their own play ground. The kindergarten teachers wait outside for the parents to pick up the their child. I do not think that the rating should be done just on the schools test scores.

Windsor School 4

Posted November 03, 2005
Overall, Windsor has been a positive experience for my children. I am impressed with the number of after school programs available. My son is involved in the Spanish Dual Language program which has been a positive experience for him this year in 3rd grade. I'm not too impressed with Math Investigations, but that's an issue with the district. I feel that the PTA is well-supported and serves the school well. I am also very impressed with the current principal. Given the diverse socio-economic student body, I feel Windsor does a good job in educating my children. (But, parents are usually pretty loyal to their elementary school.)

Windsor School 5

Posted October 19, 2005
Windsor is an incredible Elementary School. My children have been attending Winsor since 1993. Currently they have a very caring and professional principal. He knows the children by name and spends lunch time on the playground with the students. The faculty at Windsor is dedicated to helping each student have a successful experience. Teachers also work as math tutors after school for any students who neeed extra instruction. Windsor has a chorus, orchestra, and ballroom program for interested students. The Windsor PTA is a dedicated organization. They are at the school weekly running programs such as: Red Ribbon Week, wealth (a reading program for students who read below grade level), and more.

Windsor School 2

Posted August 05, 2004
I don't know how Windsor compares to other public schools, but I haven't been impressed with the discipline teachers use at Windsor. Perhaps this is normal(?), but I've heard a lot of kids reporting that teachers yell to get their attention, etc. One of my children attended a private school previous to Windsor, and the quality of teaching and discipline is much, much lower at Windsor. I hope they do extra training to improve the situation, and some of the less ideal teachers are slowly leaving, so in a few years it may be much better.

Windsor School
1315 North Main, Orem, UT  84057
Last modified Windsor School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windsor School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top