Posted August 15, 2011
I graduated from this school and have nothing but good things to say about it. Traditional high school wasn't for me and I honestly learned more here in two years than I did at my city's public school. Not only do you learn the school subjects, but the structure of the school taught me how to prioritze, meet deadlines and manage my time. You find your own motivation at this school. The teachers were fantastic and genuinely care about their students. They will sit down with a student and talk to them to make sure that they are grasping everything to the fullest. They give you honest and thorough feedback vs. just some notes scrawled at the top in red pen. If your child is losing motivation at a traditional school, I highly recommend this one.

Posted April 26, 2011
The labs really help me. I enjoyed attending this school. The teachers were great, and helpful. This school is more helpful to some students, then a regular school. The hours work to your convenience.

East Shore High School 1

Posted March 17, 2008

East Shore High School 4

Posted November 29, 2005
My son finished his high school credits here. He had a very difficult time in regular high school because of ADD. He could not function in environments of noise and he found his niche and was able to complete 2 years worth of work in 1 year and graduated on time! I would reccomend this school to any student who needs an alternative to regular uncaring public school. Sandra Allred, BS Science with secondary Teaching Certificate and BSN (RN)

East Shore High School 0

Posted July 26, 2005
- a former student
I have attented ALLC, I have learned more in 2 years there then I did at a Public High School (which took 4 years). Yes, There is a reason most of these students attent ALLC, because the public schools will never give them a Chance!Teachers in public schools won't give them a chance in Plays or Cheerleading because they look for the best, not for who COULD be the best. At My public school I tried out for all the plays and didn't even get on as a extra,the teacher told me 'stop trying, your wasting my time!' For a long time I felt like nothing. I was sent to ALLC and I tried out for a play one last time. Now I go to Westminter Collage for Theater and known as the best in my class.

East Shore High School 0

Posted July 13, 2005
- a former student
I actually attended this school and can tell you that it is not for everyone, but you will never find teachers that care more about their students. Students need to find their own motivation and strength in this school. Parents with students that go here also need to learn acceptance, patience, and love. ALLC is a good school with fine teachers, but not for the weak spirited.

Posted June 24, 2005
I attend ALLC and I personally think that it is a wonderful school. I went to a 'normal' high school and was harrassed daily, I failed all of my classes and dropped out. I can pass off packets with 'A''s and actually have a chance at graduating because the teachers at ALLC are so willing to help anyone. There are very rarely fights, people being 'bullied', judged or any of the average high school things there. Normal high school isn't for everyone and I'm very happy that I have the Option of going to ALLC.

Posted June 01, 2005
I attend ALLC currently. Contrary to popular beliefe, it is NOT a place for 'losers'. Many kids there are acctualy ahead. I am 15 years old and will graduate befor i turn 16. If people wold take the time to acctualy see what the kids there can do, they would not hesitate to send their children to this fine school.

Posted February 01, 2005
I'm a student at ALLC right now. I believe it is a wonderful place that allows students to find their own center, and has a great support system of teachers, administrators, and counselors. I have friends that help me get my work done, in only 1 semester I have finished 7 credits. I ask you not to listen to the nasty rumors people like to spread about us. We are not a druggie place. We just have fewer students, so it's more noticable. I came to ALLC because of some failed classes, and now I'm a complete over achiever. I just wish we had more parents involved. That's THEIR choice though. For now, I'm giving my school a good name.

East Shore High School 3

Posted January 25, 2005
I have a daughter attending ALLC right now and wouldn't recommend it if possible. While the program itself is okay, most of the kids attending are there for a reason...that they couldn't succeed. My first experience with ALLC was getting a 8th grade Earth Science packet for my daughter because she had failed a semester and needed that credit going into high school. Within a few weeks, my mostly conservative daughter now had a whole new set of friends that I would consider losers on every level. This lead to a tumultuous 3 years for us culminating in runaway incidences, exposure to drugs & sex...about everything that a parent worries about happening to their children. While I understand that 'water finds it's own level' and my daughter had the choice not to associate with these kids, I've wished that I had not started her on that path.

East Shore High School
1551 West 1000 South, Orem, UT  84058
Last modified East Shore High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12
East Shore High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.