Posted September 25, 2014
As a parent, I am very happy with the quality of education my children have received at Timpanogos High School. There is a wide variety of AP classes offered. Academics are a high priority at this school. I feel that the English department is probably the best in the district. One of the most impressive things about Timpanogos is the principal. He is genuinely interested in the students and how they are doing. He walks the halls and greets students by name. Timpanogos is a great school in a beautiful location.

Posted May 16, 2013
THS is an excellent school. Every year it is in the top five academic schools for the state of Utah. I have had two students that graduated and one more who will begin this fall. THS has a great AP program. My, son graduated with 48 AP credits. Mrs. Crandall and Mr. Nagro are excellent in the English department. Mr. Eastman has been an asset to counseling department.

Posted August 24, 2012
This is the best high school. I love Principal Murphy. The National Honor Society does so much great community service. The English teachers are amazing. Mr. Eastman is a great counselor.

Posted July 06, 2012
I am a former student of THS, and even though it's been 12yrs since I've attended school there the THS I remember was always focused on the success of their students. I was not one of the rich students or an academic achiever or involved in any extra curriculars or a trouble maker. However all of my teachers knew exactly who I was by name and face, alot of the administration as well, if my mom called the school to find out what could be done to help me out my counselor would meet with her and figure out what I could do to improve myself. One of the things that my counselor did was make me TA for my geometry class for math credit because I always struggled with math(and still do)

Timpanogos High School 3

Posted October 08, 2010
Cons: Attendance personnel are rude and defensive. Teachers who compete for the same students often do NOT get along -- and the kids are the pawns in their career strategies. Tons of senior preference, as opposed to promoting excellence. Faculty gets 60% vote for student council. Student vote -- at 40% -- is a sham, but most kids think they are really voting their class officers. Scheduling is a JOKE. Faculty too entrenched in typical, mediocre public school mindset and tend to be inflexible about new ideas and alternative education. Instead of embracing things that server STUDENTS, they are more concerned about control/power. Too much twaddle. Pros: Nice building, well kept and clean. Principal regularly walks the halls and knows many kids by name (although not many of the reserved ones who could probably use the recognition more). Many AP classes offered. Pretty good academics.

Posted May 04, 2010
Love the principal - he's done great things with the school. Excellent academics and lots of students passing AP exams. Great, supportive atmosphere. Beautiful school, beautiful setting.

Timpanogos High School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
Attendance personal are very rude and the attendance policy is very strict. There is an 'arc' class that you have to attend 2 hrs of for every absence. The overall school is ok but I would consider attending another high school.

Posted March 23, 2010
Love this School! All the teachers rock! There are few, if not any, cliques. THS ROCKS!!!!!

Posted February 24, 2010
Awsome!!! I love it here! Eveyone is nice, and there are none of those quliks!

Timpanogos High School 4

Posted January 12, 2010
I'm a student at the school, and I just have to say that out new principal, Mr. Murphy, is fantastic, and he does one of the best jobs I have ever seen. He's very encouraging and is a fantastic administrator.

Timpanogos High School
1450 North 200 East, Orem, UT  84057
Last modified Timpanogos High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Timpanogos High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top