Orem, UT

Aspen School 4

Posted March 26, 2014
Aspen has come a long way in the past few years. The principal is great and most of the teachers are wonderful. The PTA has a lot of fun activities for the children. They also have some great afterschool programs. They offer 4H, orchestra, choir, and drama. Art and music is also taught during the school day. I have two children with an IEP and the resource teachers are good and very caring. I have really enjoyed being a part of the great community of parents, teachers and students.

Aspen School 1

Posted February 12, 2013
***Parent with a letdown child*** I have 3 children currently attending Aspen. The teachers and principal have been very good, they have been positive and caring, and until this week nearly perfect. This week they let down my 3rd grade child in such a way that there is not correcting this issue. My child won his class spelling bee defeating another class mate. Twice. The first time was a technicality, and the child was allowed back in (this is 100% acceptable). Then after receiving a complaint from the child's parents they granted an exception for the child to attend the school spelling bee with my child. It was 1-3 grade and 4-6 grade brackets. After eliminating all other 1-3 graders it was down to my child and the other. He lost to her after about the 12th round. The other child advanced to the 4-6 grade round where all but 1 child was eliminated on the first word. After about 3 additional rounds the 3rd grader who was granted the exception won. If the child were not granted the exception (after my child beat them twice in the class) my child would have won and advanced to the next level of competition. The school acknowledges its error but my child is very sad.

Posted July 24, 2007
Aspen has a great principal who really cares about the children. She knows each child's name. She communicates with parents about individual concerns. There are boys in the upper grades that cause problems. I've had 3 children attend Aspen and have felt discouraged about the upper grades. I have not found the teachers helpful in addressing indivudal levels of ability. It seems that they 'dumb down' the rest of the class so they can attend to the children that just don't get it. This problem is not unique to Aspen. Come help in the class. It makes a difference.

Aspen School 4

Posted May 01, 2007
My daughter is in the Life Skills classroom at Aspen Elementary. I am pleased with the great organization of the classroom and the teacher. The teacher is a hard worker, and puts in a lot of extra hours. She is very dedicated. The aides are fantastic!

Posted October 16, 2006
I think the principle of this school has a lot to handle with all the bullying going on in the 5th and 6th grades. My child has been bullied for almost two years and it doesn't seem to get better, not because of the principle or teachers are not trying but because of a lack of parental concern.There have even been meetings about bullying where parents were invited, unfortunately hardly any parents showed up. This is a great school other than that. Sadly I don't see things getting better.

Posted December 13, 2005
I don't believe that the program for the upper grades (4-6) is providing consistency. I believe my 5th grader is behind others in our area. There are not programs for music (no choir or band), art or sports. They have some 4H activities. Some parents are very involved and many are never seen. The PTA spends money on outside beautification and not on teacher/student supplies. The principal doesn't make wise choices on 'outside play' days. Most of the teachers care and do a great job. Some teachers are not concerned with teaching punctuality. My child has been excluded and bullied with little response from teachers and principal. The lunchroom is run wonderfully. It is a very clean school.

Aspen School
945 West 2000 North, Orem, UT  84057
Last modified Aspen School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aspen School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top