Orem, UT

Posted June 24, 2011
I have had a great experience at Bonneville Elementary. The teachers my children have had have been great. My oldest went to Bonneville (He is now 20) We are moving and I will miss this school.

Posted April 18, 2010
my brother and I both went to Bonneville, the teachers and support staff are wonderful!

Posted September 27, 2009

Bonneville School 4

Posted April 21, 2009
This is the only elementary school in the Alpine School District still on the productivity model. It has early start and 'later-gaters.' My children have been fortunate to get exceptional teachers, and grade 3 is often a gamble at Bonneville. However, since it is on productivity, it attracts good teachers who want to make a bit more money. It also attracts teachers who have a lot of experience. Class sizes are large (25+ kids per teacher, even in Kindergarten). I have not had a negative experience with Mr. Roper, the principal. It's my understanding he's moving on at the end of the 2009 school year. The controversial math system has been rejected, although my child has learned math in both the conventional way and the 'new' way, and he's good at math. It does work for some students.

Posted January 23, 2008

Posted October 16, 2007
I agree that the principle is prideful and reluctant to listen to parents. The class sizes are out of control. There are some great teachers who are willing to work very hard to help these kids learn. Getting the right teacher is the key to having a good experience at Bonneville; the trick is to get the principle to listen to your teacher request.

Posted October 10, 2006
The principle seems prideful and reluctant to hear parents' concerns. The class sizes are out of control. There are many good teachers, but it is always a gamble if your child gets a good teacher. The library and computer lab are well stocked and staffed. If you can get one of the truly great teachers, then Bonneville can be a good experience.

Posted January 25, 2006

Posted October 15, 2005
I love Bonneville Elementary. The teachers are awesome and I also really like the principal. My daughter has had all A's ever since kindergarten. My son has been able to make more friends and has become very good in P.E. I also like the math program. It helps them learn why things are done.

Bonneville School 2

Posted May 24, 2005
I have been somewhat disapointed since we moved to Bonneville Elementary this past year. I do not like the math program that Alpine School district uses at all. My second grader who knew all of his math facts in the first grade, now has a hard time figuring out what 4 + 4 equals. He has gone completely downhill in his math skills this year. Our children benefited greatly from the choir program at their last school, but there is no such thing at Bonneville. When I had a problem with my daughters 5th grade teacher, I talked to the vice principal and was curtly told that I needed to work it out with the teacher. He had no interest in hearing my concerns. My children have no connection with the principal and they feel that he doesn't care for them at all.

Bonneville School
1245 North 800 West, Orem, UT  84057
Last modified Bonneville School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bonneville School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top