640 students|Alpine District

Bad
Good

Posted June 24, 2014
This school is outstanding. The teachers are dedicated to the success of each individual student. The PTA is amazing and they help the teachers and school move forward. The 6th grade teachers are great! The staff all work well together for the benefit of the students. The front office staff is welcoming and helpful. The Principal always has a smile on his face and knows each student individually.

Foothill School 3

Posted May 14, 2014
Moved from Chicago to orem and I have found out that schools here in Utah are about four months behind then our old school dist. I like how friendly everyone is but I think this school needs more cross guards before and after school and more security of who is coming into the school. I do like my kids teachers and they do also.

Posted March 28, 2014
Love this school! Administration, teachers, staff, and students work so well together and really care about each other. Many teachers go well above and beyond to provide amazing learning experiences for the students. I love the ALL program.

Posted January 14, 2014
Wonderful A.L.L. (Advanced Learning Lab) classes for 3rd-6th grades who qualify and are interested (http://alpineschools.org/departments/curriculum/gifted-services). Good programs, including a great art program run by volunteers. (http://www.foothillarts.org/)

Posted September 17, 2009
Great Advanced Learning Lab with wonderful and fun teachers. Great community support and well equipped building.

Posted February 17, 2009
Excellent, caring teachers. Top-notch Resource help for students who need it. Principal is involved.

Posted December 13, 2007

Posted September 20, 2007
Principal Wathen goes out our her way to make students feel valued and wanted. She works with her teachers to do what is best for kids. She is open to new ideas and always puts students first. I my opinion goes beyond the mark and takes seriously the stewardship of her school, staff and students.

Foothill School 3

Posted May 23, 2007
Our family has had 2 of our six attend Foothill. Our objectives have always been to send our children to a safe, fun and academically challenging school. Foothill is safe and fun but because it is a part of the Alpine school district it is not challenging for our children. Specifically the math program and english curriculums are seriously lacking. If your child can get into the Accelerated Learning Lab (ALL) in fifth and sixth grades they will get great educations. K thru 4th grades will not likely provide proper challenges. If your objectives are like ours we suggest charter schools in the area. Our second grader at the charter school has learned the times tables and the parts of speech.

Posted May 15, 2007
Foothill elementary has been a wonderful school for my son the past two years! I have had a great experience working with the teachers, and office staff and they are very helpful and caring. My son has some anxiety issues, his teachers have gone beyond to help him threw it and also to be a great support to me. My sons reading has been unbelievable, he enjoys it, and looks forward to reading his next book. His teacher always challenges him and gives him plenty of one on one attention! I would recommend this school to anyone, I am very grateful my son is a student there, and hope to keep him there for the next five years!

Foothill School
921 North 1240 East, Orem, UT  84097
Last modified Foothill School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.