Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
Ms. Mullins is just incredible. She teaches the children how to treat each other. Stern enough that all kids respect and listen to her. Just the right amount of love so that she has earned everyone's trust. Very insightful. Sees things in children that 95% of people don't - what their needs are, etc.

Posted May 04, 2016
We are about to finish Kindergarten at McPolin. We had Ms. Mullins. Ms. Mullins and Ms. Denine are just exceptionally great teachers. I will admit the class size was large, 25 kids, so I was a bit worried. So I started volunteering every Friday for 3 hours and have done that most of the year. It has been amazing to watch all these kids grow and learn so much in just 9 months. Most started only knowing 10-20 site words and now know close to 100. Most kids are now at a 1st grade reading level and several are at a second grade reading level. All the kids are doing addition and subtraction. And socially they have grown as well. These teachers are efficient with their time. They challenge the low level AND high level kids. All the teachers knew my daughter's name by the second week and some of those teachers teach all 380 kids. The principal is always present, often in the classroom or in the hallways talking to students. He makes the school feel like a safe and warm place. He is extremely positive. As an outsider (I'm in the medical field) I think what I have learned is that if the child has a good family support system at home, no matter if they are poor or rich, and they EAT well and SLEEP well, then they are able to get the most out of school and those are the kids that excel. We love McPolin.

Posted February 04, 2014
I love mcpolin! I have three kids there right now. A kinder and two second graders. Dedicated, tight group of teachers and a very supportive staff. Everyone knows your child's name and personality and how best to help them learn. Great small school with just a nice community feel!

Posted July 07, 2012
My two children went to McPolin for four years and I cannot say enough about the teachers, staff and administration. It is true that at least 50% of the population is ESL and many of the resources do go to them, but those resources are also Title One resources and must be used very specifically. Also if your child happens to need these resources, regardless of ethnicity, (help with reading or math) they will definitely receive them. My children are definitely on the higher end of achievement and I thought they were thoroughly challenged through their time at McPolin. They made wonderful friends and had fabulous teachers Also, as of last year McPolin was the HIGHEST ranked elementary school in Park City!

Mcpolin School 3

Posted July 05, 2012
We're wondering why there aren't more reviews on this school - my child doesn't go to this school (yet), but I'd love to hear from more parents. I've been told by many people in the community that McPolin diverts the majority of its resources to ESL - English as a Second Language courses. Is this true? I love the idea of a culturally diverse school - but I have to say, I haven't heard a lot of endorsements on this school's overall curricula .... yet! Please dismiss my ratings - I couldn't submit this without entering a rating.

Posted March 26, 2010
Great teachers in preschool as far as our little one is concerned. Parent teacher nights are very helpful also, and we wouldn't miss them for quids.

Posted September 16, 2009
It has a great population of diverse students -- race, socio-economic status and education. The community really cares!

2270 Kearns Blvd, Park City, UT  84098
Last modified Mcpolin School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.