Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Very impressed with their direct, hands on, blame free approach. They feel any conflicts are learning opportunities and really do help the students learn and grow.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

We were so nervous about this subject, coming from another local school where we had some very painful experiences. McPolin has amazing, talented, compassionate, educated staff dedicated to supporting students who need it. Our child feels loved, valued and heard. He can't wait to go to school every day.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Principal Ed is so heart centered and committed. He is very open and frank about the challenges and goals. He seems to have been around the block a million times and is very dedicated to the teachers and students. Love him.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Social skills is one of the areas our child needs the most help. We are thrilled with their active approach to teaching and supporting students who need this. They are constantly evaluating skills training programs as well as mindfulness. Super advance and impressive!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are wonderful. It's so impressive how both the English and Spanish teachers coordinate and cooperate the content. Our child doesn't even speak Spanish yet and he's learning a TON in Spanish class! It's 1000% the teacher!

Amount of homework: Agree

We are seeing very little homework for 4th grade. And our student is excelling in all academic areas. A++ for the teachers on knowing how to teach without adding on extra busy work!

We are delighted with this school! We came in late to the Spanish Immersion and our child is thriving. We also came in with an IEP and are getting brilliant support. Our child is beyond happy. We had a very challenging experience at another local school and this is such a wonderful surprise.

We are about to finish Kindergarten at McPolin. We had Ms. Mullins. Ms. Mullins and Ms. Denine are just exceptionally great teachers. I will admit the class size was large, 25 kids, so I was a bit worried. So I started volunteering every Friday for 3 hours and have done that most of the year. It has been amazing to watch all these kids grow and learn so much in just 9 months. Most started only knowing 10-20 site words and now know close to 100. Most kids are now at a 1st grade reading level and several are at a second grade reading level. All the kids are doing addition and subtraction. And socially they have grown as well. These teachers are efficient with their time. They challenge the low level AND high level kids. All the teachers knew my daughter's name by the second week and some of those teachers teach all 380 kids. The principal is always present, often in the classroom or in the hallways talking to students. He makes the school feel like a safe and warm place. He is extremely positive. As an outsider (I'm in the medical field) I think what I have learned is that if the child has a good family support system at home, no matter if they are poor or rich, and they EAT well and SLEEP well, then they are able to get the most out of school and those are the kids that excel. We love McPolin.

I love mcpolin! I have three kids there right now. A kinder and two second graders. Dedicated, tight group of teachers and a very supportive staff. Everyone knows your child's name and personality and how best to help them learn. Great small school with just a nice community feel!

My two children went to McPolin for four years and I cannot say enough about the teachers, staff and administration. It is true that at least 50% of the population is ESL and many of the resources do go to them, but those resources are also Title One resources and must be used very specifically. Also if your child happens to need these resources, regardless of ethnicity, (help with reading or math) they will definitely receive them. My children are definitely on the higher end of achievement and I thought they were thoroughly challenged through their time at McPolin. They made wonderful friends and had fabulous teachers Also, as of last year McPolin was the HIGHEST ranked elementary school in Park City!

Last modified Mcpolin School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.