No rating

Soaring Wings Montessori School

Private | PK-3 | 120 students

Living in Park City

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $499,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Posted yesterday

Soaring Wings is our savior! My 8 year old daughter is a bright 3rd grader. She loved learning, but she did not enjoy Park City's public schools. Due to the large class size and other issues, the school was unable to attend to my daughter's needs. My daughter suffered from anxiety and simply wanted to advance at a faster pace. I was a very frustrated parent. Finally, this year, I enrolled my daughter in Soaring Wings. She toured the school & immediately expressed her interest. She was attracted to the school's beauty & tranquility. So, we tried it. I have been amazed! For the first time, EVER, my daughter loves school & looks forward to attending. No crying. Just smiles. She is allowed to excel & move at her own pace. She is not experiencing anxiety. She LOVES learning, again. Her teachers & staff actually have time to talk to me & create her own curriculum. As a parent, I am finally in the loop and I am invited to be actively involved in my child's education. Additionally, my daughter is in gymnastics. She trains in the afternoon. Soaring Wings has worked with her complex schedule. We are so grateful that we've found this school. It has been a dream. Thank you, Soaring Wings!

Posted September 17, 2014

This is a fantastic school. My son has attended for three years, starting as a toddler and currently in the elementary program. I have been consistently satisfied with the staff, the curriculum, and his progress. Thank you Soaring Wings!

Posted September 16, 2014

My son has been thriving at Soaring Wings for the past four years. All of his teachers have been and are absolutely amazing!! I couldn't imagine sending him any where else.

Posted September 15, 2014

WOW.... my child has been a student of Soaring Wings for 3 years now and he absolutely loves it. We originally thought the short week option was going to be better for him, but he really excelled while going all week. I love that he is able to flourish and not be confined by public school curriculum.

Posted September 12, 2014

There is no other place I would rather send my child. This is the finest school in Park City. The teachers and staff have been wonderful. Thank you Soaring Wings.

Posted September 12, 2014

To see what this school is REALLY about, I recommend that interested parents schedule a visit. What the children are learning is beyond amazing.

Posted September 12, 2014

Having worked with some of the most charming children, the most supportive parents and the most talented teachers on the planet over the past 27 years it is sheer delight to walk the halls and see the resulting peaceful and productive classes at work. Our slogan is education for peace and each family brings something wonderful to the community. However, we will not hesitate to ask anyone who disrupts the peace and tranquility of this special place to find another school where they can find happiness. Please contact me at any time - Duna Strachan, Director, duna@soaringwings.org
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 11, 2014

Look elsewhere. This is a BUSINESS not a school. They maintain no certifications and will deceive you anyway they can. My child is behind at her new school and at Soaring Wings they told me that she tested one year above grade level. Hogwash. Duna, Bruce, and Lina are a family and they are not qualified to run a school.

Posted September 11, 2014

As a former student I have nothing but great things to say about Soaring Wings. Their out of the box thinking styles put me ahead of the curve throughout my school career. I have visited the new campus and it is absolutely beautiful. The creative play areas and complexly interesting art sculptures makes me want to go to school there all over again. The staff of friendly teachers are all required to hold a minimum of a bachelor s degree and a Montessori credential. You can tell the management has been doing this for over 20 years by how smoothly the whole school operates. My experience there was incredible and I can t wait to send my kids to school there.

Posted September 11, 2014

I have been with Soaring Wings for almost 10 years as a teacher and 4 as a parent. The administration has been supportive and provided me many opportunities to further my career as an educator. As a parent I appreciate the diverse educational backgrounds of the staff and high standards the school maintains. My daughter was reading and writing at 3 and her love of learning is evident in all she does. The passion and commitment to education as well as the resources are all here!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 26, 2014

Soaring Wings has at times had effective teachers. They enjoy a nice new facility, yet it was not well planned for their needs and lacked basic play areas for nearly a year. As a parent and a primary educator I can not recommend this school. It is poorly run, the data they present on learning seems to be inaccurate at best, and their motives are clearly for profit.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMS
  • Other Montessori

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori