Public charter
Pleasant Grove, UT
After care: No

Lincoln Academy 3

Posted March 13, 2014
When we began with this school in 2009 it was exceptional: marvelous teachers, small class sizes, classic and good curriculum, and great attention from principals, teachers and staff. It stayed that way when they expanded this last school year 2012-13. The school could not seem to handle the expansion. Both of my students were without desks for the first 3 weeks of school. The class sizes increased from 22 to 28 students and it seemed that all the new kids had behavioral or learning problems. My 5th grader has 20 percent of her class with these special needs. The teacher can't keep up with the increased number of students and particularly the high number of those with special needs. My exceptional student is bored and frustrated with all the time re-learning. My 1st grader has a similar ratio in her class. She is average, though very well behaved, and is still bored. She is constantly distracted by misbehavior and these same kids are completely out of control at recess pushing down and pulling her and her friends. The school is expanding again for 2013-14 and I am concerned that this problem will just increase.

Posted December 18, 2013
I love this school. I have taught at and my son has attended this school for the last 4 years. All of the teachers are excellent, and the administration is wonderful. I disagree with the review about nameless faces. I am sure that if it happens to anyone it is purely coincidental. I know each of the teachers and administration do everything possible to create a positive learning environment for their students. Lincoln Academy challenges their students. I know of many students who have gone on to high school grateful for the preparation that Lincoln Academy provided.

Posted July 31, 2013
I trust Lincoln Academy, their teachers are excellent. they took my strait 'F' student to an almost strait 'A' student. took 2 of my kids from hating to read to the point its hard to get them out of a book. The teachers help build great self esteem.

Posted May 29, 2013
Lincoln Academy My kids have attended Lincoln Academy since it opened. My 16 year old has moved on to the local High School and just scored 100% on his English CRT's and 97% on his Math CRT's. He has also been taking concurrent enrollment classes as a Sophomore because Lincoln provided an academically challenging curriculum in Jr. High. I have to give credit to Lincoln for preparing him so well for High School.

Lincoln Academy 1

Posted September 29, 2012
We started Lincoln Academy this year and have been extremely disappointed. On the first day of school we were lost and asked the principal where to find a classroom. He didn't even take the time to introduce himself to my son or ask his name. At parent teacher conference, only one out of seven teachers knew my sons name. Very little teaching occurs because the teachers have little, if any, behavior management skills. If you are looking for a school where your student is a nameless face in a classroom of chaos, Lincoln is the place!

Posted August 25, 2009
I love this school! I have both a 5th and 7th grade child and their teachers are amazing. They have a number of new teachers in Jr. High this year and all of them are caring, enthusiastic and focused teachers. The front office staff is pleasant and helpful and when I met with the Principal, it was easy to see that he's very focused on the success of the students. The environment is warm and very friendly among the students. It's easy to see that they have known each other for a long time and are comfortable with their peers. They all look like they come from caring and goal oriented families. I don't pretend to think the school is perfect, but the contrast in the type of students and the warm environment between Lincoln and the local Jr. High is amazing.

Posted July 15, 2009

Posted July 21, 2008
Awesome school. Caring teachers and wonderful programs

Lincoln Academy
1582 West 3300 North, Pleasant Grove, UT  84062
(801) 756-2039
Last modified Lincoln Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top