Pleasant Grove, UT
Students enrolled: 1,889

Posted January 01, 2013
We have loved this high school. Considering it has a long history I am surprised by the lack of school traditions, but we have loved the teachers. There are so many amazing teachers here. There does seem like a lot of nepotism that has happened over many years, but with a recent change in principal that is really changing and in my opinion for the better. I love that there is a nice blend in the student body and that there are a lot of opportunites for my kids to be successful. I have loved the AP programs and the concurrent opportunities. We were considering a couple of the neighboring highschools, but are thankful that we settled here and feel like its recent national recognition in ranking is well deserved. Great kids, great teachers and great opportunities.

Pleasant Grove High School 3

Posted May 03, 2012
This school is a mix of good and bad. There are many teachers that are willing to work very hard to teach their students, and they have really helped me to succeed, but a lot of them seem somewhat uncaring about their students. The most significant problem to me is the rampant grade inflation at the school. Everyone expects an 'A' for their work, and teachers are pressured by the administration to give them. Teachers who give grades that are earnedget in trouble with the administration. Also, the entire district doesn't weight grades, so many students take easy classes to get a high GPA, hurting kids who take AP classes. On the other hand, extracurriculars are good at this school. I feel that the AP classes and honors classes are normally challenging enough.

Posted March 20, 2011
Pleasant Grove High School is an above average high school. There are many caring, committed teachers who go the extra mile. The sports programs is strong for males and females, the music program is excellent, and the drama program is out of this world! (We weren't even able to get a ticket this past show because it sold out more than a week straight!) The office staff is fabulous. Best of all, this school offers concurrent enrollment so students who are interested in accumulating college credits while attending high school may do so. It is very possible for a committed student to graduate high school with an Associates Degree as well.

Pleasant Grove High School 5

Posted February 18, 2009

Pleasant Grove High School 5

Posted February 15, 2008
The person below me obviously isn't a very good student (as you probably saw yourself), and is probably not taking full advantage of the good things that PGHS has to offer. The extracurricular activities are first rate (I'm the editor-in-chief of the school newspaper) and all of the architectural...disadvantages, are currently under construction. Overall Pleasant Grove High School is a great institution and is more than sufficient for any young man or woman's education with the right effort applied.

Posted January 20, 2006
This is a good public school. I attended my high school years there and had a great academic and social experience.

Pleasant Grove High School
700 East 200 South, Pleasant Grove, UT  84062
Last modified Pleasant Grove High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Grove High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top