Posted May 28, 2014
One of the best charter schools in town. I like it for my son as a school of choice. He has always been loved by all the teachers. They treat him as an individual. There are so many options to foster the students. He has been continually challeneged. I would defintely recommend this school to anyone who wants to strive well academically. Parking is the biggest issue but worth doing it for its standards. This is more like a high end private school rather than a public charter school.

Posted October 10, 2013
this school is very good and has advanced academics that put ur child at a higher grade level mentally. the lunches aren't AMAZING but their healthy. there is very little bullying at this school and the new and older building are both beautiful I'm a 7th grade student there and its sometimes a lot of work but i love being at the school plus there is many different sports you can do!! but also i my opinion this school isn't for everyone, the teachers are great and treat each student with respect!

Posted September 17, 2013
Excellent teachers! Wonderful curriculum. Students are treated as individuals and they are put in situations where they are able to achieve. Every teacher my children have had here make it their top priority to ensure that my child is continually challenged. I appreciate the clear and consistent guidelines, the uniform policies, and the efforts to involved parents and families in the children's education. No school is perfect because nobody is perfect, but I am thrilled that my children have the privilege of an education at Freedom.

Posted January 10, 2013
We have had our children at Freedom for many years and have seen wonderful growth and progression, especially in reading and math. My children were all far below their grade levels when we started, and were ahead when they left. My older children missed out on the high school, but my younger children will and are reaping the benefits of the personalized attention they receive every day from their teachers in both the elementary and high school. The newly added 9th grade may not currently have many electives, but what is offered is priceless and their teachers truly care about them. Twice a week they have a Freshman Seminar class that helps them prepare for college. They have been on several service field trips and academic field trips where they make a difference in our community and learn about financial literacy. They are learning math with the same computer software used at the university level so they will be prepared for the types of math classes they will face in college. The academic benefits of Freedom's high school are a great fit for us and I feel confident my children will be well prepared for college because of their years at Freedom Academy.

Posted November 03, 2012
We agree. We feel so blessed that our children were able to get into Freedom Academy several years ago. We am also greatful for a school of choice. We choose to bring our chidren to Freedom. We're glad they cut out the wasteful programs that really do not enhance their educational experience. The best part about Freedom is the governing board and administration are not closed minded. They are always looking for ways to improve the school. Because the school is bringing in upper grades my family now has a clear direction of where our children will attend high school in several years. We have been to the state website and compared test scores with all other charter schools in the valley and Freedom was #1. I'm sure there will be bumps down the road but as for me and my family we chose Freedom Academy! Are there things we feel could be better? Sure. But those things we feel lacking in no way would make us move our children to any other school in the valley. Their educational success is too important.

Posted November 02, 2012
I feel so blessed that my children got in to Freedom Academy. My kids are so happy there. They have great teachers who try to teach them to the child's knowledge. They have great programs that help the child's ability to grow. They also have great after school programs for all children. The staff is always trying to improve the school anyway they can. There is a lot of expectations from the children but, that is why it's so great. It is a learning environment not a playing environment. As a parent I want my child to succeed and this school is a great school that will help your child do that.

Freedom Preparatory Academy 2

Posted September 11, 2012
My son attended Freedom and we have been a highly involved family for many years. While I agree with many of the positive comments submitted so far, I have seen a deterioration over the last few years. Many of the programs families love have been eliminated or reduced. Decisions have been made that take resources and programs from younger grades in order to offer more for the upper grades. Complaints from neighbors, parents, and teachers are brushed under the table by administration. Parent voices are no longer heard unless they are in line with administrative agendas. A common response heard by parents who voice an opinion or concern is, "This is a school of choice. If you don't like it, choose another school." Deliberate deceptions and half-truths are on the rise. Therefore, our family has joined several others and have pulled from this once highly-acclaimed school. We are now affiliated with another charter school that still offers the classes and integrity eliminated at Freedom. It saddens me to see the great reputation of this school deteriorate because of the personal agendas that are taking precedent over the welfare of the students.

Posted August 27, 2012
This is a great school. While we are Hispanic and I have never seen any of this favoritism some other parents are talking about. There are issues with bullying but there is no school that wont have issues with a few bad apples, but that does not spoil the whole bunch. After all it is children we are talking about. All the teachers are very capable of instructing in their subject. My daughter was in a special ed class for math and they were able to get her back into normal math classes. She is now reading at a 10th grade level and she is in the 7th grade. I don't understand why there are parents writing subversive comments based on racism and sex. The whole point of this forum is to either support the school or not. That is best done by telling the truth. Not by making up fictitious incidents. Is the school scoring well on state / federal assessment test? Are students learning the subjects being taught? Is the school promoting a safe learning environment free of drugs and weapons? I believe so. Thank you Freedom Academy for a job well done!

Posted June 26, 2012
Awesome school, great teachers and principal. Loved the curriculum, extracurricular activities, the values taught. My kids are thriving at Freedom, they are several years ahead in reading and math, I couldn't be happier! I also like that my kids are getting homework everyday, they are learning the skills of studying and working on their own, they are becoming more self-motivated, I don't have to sit with them to do their homework, they just know it needs to be done and they do it on their own. The discipline and skills they are learning now will be invaluable once they get to high-school and college. Freedom Academy expects great things from their students and they give them the tools to accomplish those goals. Absolutely love this school!

Posted February 22, 2011
The teachers are awesome and they make you understand not only the concept, but other relating subjects. They are funny and amazing, and someone you can count on to support your education.

Freedom Preparatory Academy
1190 West 900 North, Provo, UT  84601
Last modified Freedom Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freedom Preparatory Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top