Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework assignments are meaningful and relevant. It's a relief for my student not to be bogged down with busywork.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school staff and teachers intentionally foster a sense of community, inclusivity, and fairness. Respect for all people is highly valued by staff and students.

Walden has been exceptionally accommodating for my student with a 504 Plan. The director and teachers have been wonderful to work with. My child is doing better at school than ever before. Walden staff and teachers clearly care for their students and want them to succeed.

Walden is the most fun, creative, and free school I have ever been to. The teachers are great, and I love all my friends. I highly recommend this school.

I didn't ever learn much when i went to a "public" school I learned different and need a little extra motivation and umph at school, when i discovered Walden and started school this last fall I was very pleased. The students were very accepting and the teachers were actually exciting and happy to be teaching. At Walden i feel like they go more into depth about whatever subject your learning they don't just skim over it. Not only do they do they go more in depth they have wonderful and unusual class choices which are very fun and educational. But i think my favorite part about Walden is that the teachers actually care and want to help you learn; and i'm very sad I only two more years left at Walden I love it.

As a new kindergarten parent I was very concerned with finding the right education experience for my children. I researched every school within driving distance before my son started school and was very impressed with what I learned about Walden. It's a 30 minute commute (one way) but my son's experience this year has made it worth every minute. His teachers are wonderful and I've been quite impressed with their openness and communication with me as a parent. They are proactive and individually focused on the needs of each child. I was a little concerned at the start of the school year because my son just considered his time at school as playing games all day. When I approached his teacher she was great about better explaining the Montessori philosophy and was able to show me areas in which my son was not only learning, but excelling. My whole family has been made to feel at home at Walden and we have had an exceptional year. My three year old can't wait to start school and my kindergartner is already making plans for what he'll be doing there over the next eleven years. Walden has provided my son with an excellent foundation on which to build the rest of his primary education.

As a student at Walden I really feel like it was an excellent choice for me. I feel close to every single one of my teachers, and the art program has presented me with a lot of really wonderful oppurtunities. I am very blessed to have gotten in to such a great school, where learning is actually enjoyable! Thanks you to all staff who made our school possible, I love Walden so much.

The Greatest school EVER! I am free to learn and be independent, I have never been to a better school in my life.

We've loved this school so far. Sometimes things aren't completely organized, but if you're a little flexible, it's worth it. There are monthly field trips, excellent instruction, hands-on learning, and if you're willing to spearhead a project, you can go for it.

My daughter finished Kindergarten last year, and I could not be happier with our choice of school for her. I was not satisfied with my options in the tradition school system, and when I heard that Walden was opening a true Montessori elementary, I nearly hyperventilated with excitement. I knew we had to get our daughter in. The teachers are amazing, and the classrooms are inviting. Walden is a truly exceptional school.

Last modified Walden School Of Liberal Arts is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.