Provo High School 1

Posted March 07, 2013
My 15 yr old step son goes to Provo High. I am not impressed at all so far in the lack of communication we have with the school about his grades. The laws in Utah are way to relaxed and it only rewards laziness. My husband and I know what our son is capible of and the school is not holding him to the same standards at all. When he was with us he was on the honor roll and he has done nothing but struggle with no communication as to why and what areas need to be worked on. Very disappointed.

Posted March 01, 2013
I attended here for all 4 years of high school. I found that a school is what you make of it. The teachers I had were knowledgeable. The programs that I participated in were top programs in the state. I found if there was something that you wanted to do and work on there was a teacher there that'd help you to achieve that.

Provo High School 2

Posted May 14, 2009
I attended this school during my Junior and Senior years of high school, and I was unsatisfied with my experience. The Honors Spanish class I took didn't assign homework or even have textbooks. Many of the students were superficial, and I had a hard time making friends (but I think that's probably most high schools). Most of the staff was not helpful at all, except for my counselor and the woman in charge of concurrent enrollment (Jeri). The school did have concurrent enrollment, and distance education, which afforded me with the opportunity to take college classes and get my associate's degree a year ahead of my peers. This was one of the only things I enjoyed about the experience.

Posted March 15, 2009

Posted February 14, 2009
Outstanding school in my opinion! Just like any other, it depends on what the child desires and want to accomplish. Provo High offers all kinds of opportunities for the students but students have to be AMBITIOUS enough to go for it. My kids were involved in leadership, sports, AP and Honor classes and all kinds of enriching activities. They excelled academically and received scholarships to great universities. Parental involvement could be better and so could teacher accessibility. I get involved early in the school year so that seems to set the tone with the teachers. As far as diversity is concerned, it all depends on how well adjusted the kid is. My two students are African Americans. There are only a handful of African Americans at Provo High yet my kids still did very well. They respect themselves so others treated them with respect.

Provo High School 2

Posted January 11, 2009

Provo High School 0

Posted April 10, 2008
I currently go to the school. I feel very judged. Not manyu different beliefs are accepted through out stuedents! i feel very discriminated there! not much help and support.

Provo High School 1

Posted January 02, 2008

Provo High School 4

Posted December 19, 2005
I have had five children attend Provo High School. All five excel academically, but have found it is an uphill battle if a child has a high IQ coupled with depression, bipolar disorder or any nontraditional 'disability' that interferes with daily functioning. PHS provides excellent support for highly motivated and academically excelling students. They provide a variety of extracurricular activities, opportunities for school involvement, great counselors and some tremendous teachers. Overall terrific school.

Provo High School 3

Posted December 17, 2005
- a former student
There is no doubt that Provo High is very safe and has been safe for a very long time. However to say it is perfect is not exactly true. The better thing about Provo High School is that it is one of the most diverse schools in the area, however you still cannot categorize the school as diverse. The teachers do a good job, but many of them do not do the best. Parent involvement is excellent, but I feel there needs to be a better teacher involvement. More of the teachers need to work their hardest in giving each and every student and adequate amount of education in order to survive the future.

Provo High School
1125 North University Ave, Provo, UT  84604
Last modified Provo High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Provo High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top