645 students|Provo District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I absolutely am amazed by Valerie Davis and Principal Nielsen! Friendly, intelligent people who know the students (and their parents/family) by name! The new school is gorgeous. The teachers are hard working and dedicated. Several of my children have attended Rock Canyon (5) and enjoyed their experiences here. I do not care for the copied worksheets that go along with the Basal readers. This is very OLD SCHOOL and should be updated by new, real TEACHING techniques for Spelling, Reading, etc.

We have loved Rock Canyon!! My daughter attended up until 2nd grade and my son went to kindergarten here. We have loved the teachers and the front office staff. They are always so helpful. It is an older school that could probably use a little updating but the great teachers and good kids make up for it. We are moving out of state this summer and hope that our new school is as wonderful as Rock Canyon.

When I went to Rock Canyon Elementary School, I had a great time for the most part. All of the teachers were great and they worked hard on helping the students succeed. Every year for grades 4-6, there was a geography bee and a spelling bee, and the students would go to different math classes based on their skill level. It made a really big difference because I got to take pre-algebra in sixth grade. The only things I didn't like were the Treasures Program and when I got bullied. But overall, this was a great school.

I did love this school until I moved away and came back. My 2 oldest daughters went here and then we moved to Indiana and they were way behind. My freshman in high school never did regain her love of learning after feeling like she was not up to par. I had to home-school my 5th grader for 2 years. We are now back to Provo and happen to be back in this same school and my first grader is so bored! I think they need to step it up and get these kids ready for college and help them have a love of learning and help them learn in different ways. This is not a problem with just this school, I feel it is a district problem. My sophomore daughter now was in the International Baccelaureate program in Indiana and we chose Provo high so that she could continue her studies and we are so disappointed in what is available to her. It is supposed to be on level INTERNATIONALLY and Provo High is no where near the level she would have been had we stayed in Indiana.

I have my fourth child attending this school, and with no prior knowledge how this school was when we moved, I really lucked out in finding that it exceeds all my expectations!! The teachers, staff, and especially parent involvement is outstanding. Their is great support to parents in helping their child, individually, achieve success. And with four different learning personalities, Rock Canyon has helped each one of my children have a great educational learning experience. They look forward to coming to school, and their after school Homework Club has done wonders for my son who was struggling. Highly recommend this wonderful school!!

I have had six children go through this school and have found this school to be outstanding in every aspect. The principal is firm but loving and handles any problem that comes up in a very professional manner. The teachers are extremely devoted to improving their students' academic learning. They also do so many things to make the learning fun and rewarding. We have extracurricular activities like Author's Parties where the 4th grade teachers have published all their students writings. We have pyramids and castles and medieval festivals and so many more things. There is a very postive, happy atmosphere at the school with great parent involvement and a great PTA. There is a great concern for each student and they come to a safe and happy environment each day. I can recommend Rock Canyon as a great school.

Last modified Rock Canyon School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.