Posted May 30, 2013
We have loved Rock Canyon!! My daughter attended up until 2nd grade and my son went to kindergarten here. We have loved the teachers and the front office staff. They are always so helpful. It is an older school that could probably use a little updating but the great teachers and good kids make up for it. We are moving out of state this summer and hope that our new school is as wonderful as Rock Canyon.

Posted August 07, 2011
When I went to Rock Canyon Elementary School, I had a great time for the most part. All of the teachers were great and they worked hard on helping the students succeed. Every year for grades 4-6, there was a geography bee and a spelling bee, and the students would go to different math classes based on their skill level. It made a really big difference because I got to take pre-algebra in sixth grade. The only things I didn't like were the Treasures Program and when I got bullied. But overall, this was a great school.

Rock Canyon School 3

Posted November 10, 2010
I did love this school until I moved away and came back. My 2 oldest daughters went here and then we moved to Indiana and they were way behind. My freshman in high school never did regain her love of learning after feeling like she was not up to par. I had to home-school my 5th grader for 2 years. We are now back to Provo and happen to be back in this same school and my first grader is so bored! I think they need to step it up and get these kids ready for college and help them have a love of learning and help them learn in different ways. This is not a problem with just this school, I feel it is a district problem. My sophomore daughter now was in the International Baccelaureate program in Indiana and we chose Provo high so that she could continue her studies and we are so disappointed in what is available to her. It is supposed to be on level INTERNATIONALLY and Provo High is no where near the level she would have been had we stayed in Indiana.

Posted September 28, 2010
I have my fourth child attending this school, and with no prior knowledge how this school was when we moved, I really lucked out in finding that it exceeds all my expectations!! The teachers, staff, and especially parent involvement is outstanding. Their is great support to parents in helping their child, individually, achieve success. And with four different learning personalities, Rock Canyon has helped each one of my children have a great educational learning experience. They look forward to coming to school, and their after school Homework Club has done wonders for my son who was struggling. Highly recommend this wonderful school!!

Posted May 01, 2008
I have had six children go through this school and have found this school to be outstanding in every aspect. The principal is firm but loving and handles any problem that comes up in a very professional manner. The teachers are extremely devoted to improving their students' academic learning. They also do so many things to make the learning fun and rewarding. We have extracurricular activities like Author's Parties where the 4th grade teachers have published all their students writings. We have pyramids and castles and medieval festivals and so many more things. There is a very postive, happy atmosphere at the school with great parent involvement and a great PTA. There is a great concern for each student and they come to a safe and happy environment each day. I can recommend Rock Canyon as a great school.

Rock Canyon School 3

Posted February 11, 2008

Posted January 18, 2008

Posted June 29, 2005
I must admit that we didn't research the schools very well when we moved here 12 years ago, but we have been so happy with Rock Canyon Elementary, Centennial Middle School, and Timpview High. If I had done the research I should have done, I would have chosen these very schools to go to. They rate among the highest in the District academic ratings and in the State, too! Encouraging the development of the whole child, mentally, emotionally, physically, and socially is very important to me. The teachers and principals are wonderful and I have been impressed with how well they interact with and work with students, parents, PTA and community members in all of these areas. I feel Rock Canyon's greatest strengths are the teachers/staff, principal, involved parents that happily volunteer, and the students themselves-- as a general rule, they are kind to each other, bright, and well-behaved.

Posted June 03, 2005
The main strength of Rock Canyon is the teachers and staff. I have never seen a group with more dedication, talent, and love for what they do. They take an interest in each child as an individual. My children have thrived and love going to school. All students participate in computer lab, P.E., and music programs. For those who want more there are Great Brain Projects, Science Fairs, Reflections, Literary Night, Poetry Club, Talent Night, Chess Club, and Ski Club. The PTA is strong and helps with fun things such as the Fun Run, School Spirit Week, (on one day the whole school even goes to a movie together), the Extravaganza (School Carnival), and many other programs. We had the opportunity to move, but chose not to because we were afraid of not finding a school as good as Rock Canyon. It is a place with wonderful teachers and great kids.

Posted May 25, 2005
Rock Canyon is the best school in the Provo District. The teachers love their students and pick up where parents leave off. There is expectations that the teachers have the children strive for excellence. The teachers here put in so many hours outside of school time helping their students. For the most part the parents here are wonderful but there are still many parents that fall into two categories. 1, the parents that do not want to be bothered with helping their children succeed. They feel it is all up to the teachers. 2nd there are those parents who expect so much from the teachers because they feel their child is the exception to the rule. My child excelled at Rock Canyon because of the dedication of the teachers. Every school should be so lucky as to have the type of teachers we have at Rock Canyon.

Rock Canyon School
2405 North 650 East, Provo, UT  84604
Last modified Rock Canyon School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rock Canyon School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top