531 students|Provo District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 06, 2016
Being a teacher at this school I might be a little biased but I do have to say from my side of things this school is incredible. I love the staff I work with. The Principal, as well as the whole administrative team, really strive to make decisions based on what is best for the kids. Teachers are constantly learning strategies and tools to help kids succeed and grow. We are always updating curriculum and finding better curriculum and information that would be best for the kids. We have assembly's at least once a month to bring the whole school together and build a sense of unity. The assembly's are really fun and exciting. Kids love them! Overall the students that I have had LOVE coming to school, learning, the environment, and most of all their teacher :). It's a great GREAT school.

Posted September 17, 2014
I love Sunset View! The teachers are great! They really care about the kids and go the extra mile. I love the principal! He hand picks the kids class if they have any problems. He has worked with me one on one to help my daughter succeed. He has gotten back to me within an hour of me voicing any concerns.

Sunset View School 2

Posted June 03, 2014
This school has many good teachers, and for that I gave it an extra star. We have moved a lot and I have worked in the school setting before, and some of the best teachers I have seen work(ed) at this school. The principal is the problem! He publicly humiliates children and is not approachable. We have talked to him numerous times, and he NEVER tries to work out a problem. He does not care if children are bullied and if a child has special needs, he harrasses them. The test scores improved, thus the 7 out of 10 rating. But the level of emotional damage that your child may endure does not make it worth it. He does not like kids, period! Dozens of families have left this school and are now homeschooling or enrolled their children in private schools or neighboring schools.

Sunset View School 4

Posted September 24, 2007
I have had two children attend this school and have loved it. The teachers are very in tune to their students and their needs. There are great programs and accessibility for parents and students.

Posted February 20, 2007
My son's Kindergarten experience has been absolutely wonderful! I am so pleased to see him excited to go to school each day. Mrs. White is delightful! I have never seen a teacher so excited and energetic at the end of her day. We also love Mrs. Evans, the gifted and talented teacher he goes to each day. I am impressed by the number of artistic activities he has already been involved in- the nursery rhyme skits, singing times, studying foreign countries, the senses, film making! (Not your typical Grade K stuff). The take home library lets him read at his level, and they keep up when he needs a greater challenge. Also, the school building is getting a nice new media center and other add ons. I thought about challenging him more at the charter school- but kids need to have fun and enjoy school! Best choice -no doubt! S.S.

Posted March 19, 2005
I love the education program as well as the Hall of Flame reading program. I would say that my decision of enrolling my son at Sunset View has been the best decision ever.

Posted July 28, 2004
I have had kids at Sunset View for 8 years. It is a wonderful school. Mrs. Wright knows the students & really has their best interest in mind. The teachers are easy to work with and have always treated me & my kids with respect regaurdless of the situation. I love that it is a year round school. When teachers & students are getting tired & need a break, they get one. It is only a couple of weeks but when its time to go back to school, everone is refreshed & ready. Summers are long enough to do vacations & other fun outings with families but not too long. I love this school & will be sad when my kids all move on from here.

Sunset View School
525 South 1600 West, Provo, UT  84601
Last modified Sunset View School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.